『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12 - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2021, 08:06 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post
I hope there's more content in this album or else I won't be buying it. One new song or two new songs with a high budget music video would seal the deal for me.
I bet that Pray for you is the only new song and the MV, if any, will be a compilation of random live performances
Old 20th February 2021, 08:37 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I don't really have any issues with the song choices. None of the songs on the tracklist so far I want new vocals or arrangements of since the ones I did want different arrangements of already have the amazing orchestra versions. I'm just paranoid of not getting any new vocals/arrangements at all. I really want the A BALLADS albums to be a special thing where interesting new vocals/arrangements are included. I just love that idea so much.

I hope we get more info on everything soon.
Old 20th February 2021, 10:23 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I hope they got the predictable reveal out of the way to make room for surprises. I really want You Were... and Virgin Road, at the very least! I know I won't get my hidden gems like sweet scar lol.
Old 20th February 2021, 10:30 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
I don't really have any issues with the song choices. None of the songs on the tracklist so far I want new vocals or arrangements of since the ones I did want different arrangements of already have the amazing orchestra versions. I'm just paranoid of not getting any new vocals/arrangements at all. I really want the A BALLADS albums to be a special thing where interesting new vocals/arrangements are included. I just love that idea so much.

I hope we get more info on everything soon.
exactly. I don't mind compilations for the general public or even fans, but naming it A BALLADS makes it a follow up to something that already showed how it can be done.

I love all the songs on this, don't get me wrong. but everything up to A COMPLETE was already remastered and a remaster does not work wonders on every song. I don't need new arrangements and stuff - but it is nice to have since I already have these songs - some of them even twice or three times if I wanted to.

As for me, if it isn't completely different i will only keep the songs once in my itunes - on the original album it appears on. Otherwise the playcount is wrong and it won't show u in playlist since it does not count the play for the song on all albums. So if this does not offer anything new, I won't ver be listening to this.
Old 20th February 2021, 11:13 PM
Paper Doll Protector

I'm excited for Together When... because I think it's one her best tracks. I'm not really surprised though.

It would be nice to have decent remastered versions of some of the A One tracks since their quality was, imo, somewhat unfortunate.
Old 21st February 2021, 12:32 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
It would be nice to have decent remastered versions of some of the A One tracks since their quality was, imo, somewhat unfortunate.
I know! It's one of my favorite albums but I'm starting to notice how subpar the mastering is.
Old 21st February 2021, 01:05 AM
rainy day Initiate

The disappointment is warranted.

The issue here is that which has been prevalent for a while. The willingness to dilute, almost be cause for, the demise of a brand. Of an idea. Despite being the position to do so much more with it.

It should be worrying how fans are taking to the turn of promise on this release. “A BALLADS” is something I think really only fans get and appreciate. It should be a release that pays homage to that. If the point was to create something for only the general public, then it’s a slap in the face to dub this as part of “A BALLADS” canon.

If they wanted to entice the general public, hoping fans would come along for the ride too, then they could have very well put together a playlist or something else instead. It feels like they’re driving a dagger further into their own heart, giving fans further reason to give up hope - to stop believing in the magic.
Old 21st February 2021, 01:30 AM

^Exactly. I totally feel what you're saying with the "to stop believing in the magic" part. I feel as if especially younger fans and people who follow her not as long don't care as much about this as others do. But as a fan for almost 20 years, it almost breaks my heart to not be able to feel and experience the magic anymore since quite a while now. I don't want a "good" or "decent" release, I want a "magical" one. Ayu is my favourite artist, because I know she can create something magical and I'm holding her to her own standard when it comes to new releases. If this is what A BALLADS 2 is going to look like, she is making a mockery out of the original one. I wouldn't care as much if she would have announced "A COMPLETE BALLAD COMPILATON" instead. It would have been clear what to expect from the beginning. But calling this A BALLADS 2 sets a standard and an expectation and especially her long time fans who remember the release of the original one will be disappointed.
Old 21st February 2021, 01:53 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I'm too excited about the TV material!! It's pretty early in her career to get these I'm surprised

I hope it sells decently as much as Avex needs to survive

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 21st February 2021, 04:08 AM
Two of us Initiate

guess it's copyright issue we can only get the NHK performances, if only it can include all TV performances of songs!!
Old 21st February 2021, 04:14 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
^Exactly. I totally feel what you're saying with the "to stop believing in the magic" part. I feel as if especially younger fans and people who follow her not as long don't care as much about this as others do. But as a fan for almost 20 years, it almost breaks my heart to not be able to feel and experience the magic anymore since quite a while now. I don't want a "good" or "decent" release, I want a "magical" one. Ayu is my favourite artist, because I know she can create something magical and I'm holding her to her own standard when it comes to new releases. If this is what A BALLADS 2 is going to look like, she is making a mockery out of the original one. I wouldn't care as much if she would have announced "A COMPLETE BALLAD COMPILATON" instead. It would have been clear what to expect from the beginning. But calling this A BALLADS 2 sets a standard and an expectation and especially her long time fans who remember the release of the original one will be disappointed.
Exactly. I posted this analogy a while ago describing the phenomenon and the sad sort of demise of it, called something like “The Door” - I think about it often because it really captures the scenario well for me.

Quote:
I think also, singles provide for the opportunity to deliver a concept. A mini "world" and environment can be fleshed out from the songs and turned into a visual spectacle. It allows for a bit of extravagance, and the world of Hamasaki Ayumi seems much larger and expansive when you look back on a year and see all the different places she took you with her paintings of works. It's like the door opens every 3 months and it's a new place to explore, a new vision to be seen. I miss that feeling of waiting for the door to open again, and the curiosity as to what we will be shown this time. As the release date grew closer, we'd all have our ears pressed to that door, peaking through its keyhole. We'd begin to see a glimpse and hear muffled sounds (covers, snippets, CM spots) - processing the tease of what's to come. That's how I remember it.

It happens once a year now, and it seems to close faster than ever before. Also, it rarely feels like a world at all anymore. It's like a closet door with creaky floorboards and cobwebs. You can tell someone made an effort to clean it up; there are finger trails left in the piles of accumulated dust - but you always feel like more of an effort could have been made to really make that room shine. And you think to yourself "ah, I guess this is how it is now," and you try to accept the fact. But, when you leave that room, and after the door shuts once more, you can't help but wonder if when the next time it opens, what it would be like to see the room completely luminous again.
We’re all crowded around that door right now. Hoping and expecting that when the door opens, it will dazzle and bask us in light.

Last edited by Zeke.; 21st February 2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old 21st February 2021, 04:42 AM
Depend on you Initiate

I'm happy with the tracklist, but the first DVD/BR is really boring.

The second sounds promising. Hope that she includes something from JtB 2
Old 21st February 2021, 07:10 AM
I am... Initiate

They’re gonna have part 2 tonight at 7.
Old 21st February 2021, 07:12 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
They’re gonna have part 2 tonight at 7.
I thought it would be only next week. Good.

P.S.: omg, guys, I guess you're all overreacting to this. Chill.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 21st February 2021, 07:34 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I love the tracklist but the footage choice is pretty lackluster.

The chosen performances are certainly amongst her most iconic. I have nothing against using them to announce the listing...I'm kinda over just repackaging the old concerts. Some of them are lower quality than we already have, are they planning to sell it like this again?

They got one Kouhaku appearance, why not just have the discs be a HD compilation of her performances over the years? It's one of her most public facing activities and would be a cool collection for fans and casual buyers.

Seems strange to go to the effort of getting rights to TV broadcasts but not committing to it.

Next teaser is next Saturday Japan time. I guess the third part will include a preview of vocals for Pray for you?

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 21st February 2021, 09:58 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

The next part is next Saturday not tonight

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 21st February 2021, 10:04 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I like the tracklist so far...but I'm not going to lie, I think that this release is going to be what a lot of us thought it would likely end up being...and that makes me sad.
Old 21st February 2021, 10:44 AM
I am... Initiate

Did I misread the tweet?
Old 21st February 2021, 11:00 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

No, you didn't.
The newest tweet indeed says there's going to be another A Ballads 2 annoucement today 7 pm JST after the one yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ayu_19980...92420431958018

Looks like they might have changed their plan.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 21st February 2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Exactly. I posted this analogy a while ago describing the phenomenon and the sad sort of demise of it, called something like “The Door” - I think about it often because it really captures the scenario well for me.

We’re all crowded around that door right now. Hoping and expecting that when the door opens, it will dazzle and bask us in light.
I think this analogy fits perfectly and it is exactly how I feel.
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2