AHS Remixers: Where are they now? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 5th August 2010, 03:57 PM
Naturally Initiate

AHS Remixers: Where are they now?

OK so a year or so ago, there were tons of fan remixers posting gaggles of stuff. I was one of them. I thought it would be good to let people know what we've been up to and if we plan to bring out new stuff anytime soon. ANY AND ALL AHS FAN MIXERS can post in this thread if they wish to give a little info about their past, present, and possible future in Ayu Remixing.

RXS (a.k.a. Jaysen Ryan) Projects: RXS VS AYU: AHS Edition, RXS VS AYU: Level Up!, RXS VS AYU: Stage Best, RXS VS AYU: ~An Instrumental Debut~

THEN: Personally I just got bored with remixing. I was doing so much and none of it really reached a level I was happy with. I am not a professional and therefore my work reflected that. I know there were some of you who were very supportive of my remixing and I thank you a lot. I did bring my own dark touch to some of the songs, but overall I just ran out of desire to produce anything new, due to the lack of the ability to make something I would consider a step up and I was tired of releasing substandard remixes.

NOW: I do not currently have any plans to do any Ayumi remixing, but in September I am getting a new PC and with more power I might upgrade my program as well. If something fun comes out of my new sessions I may undertake a new album for a target release of January 2011. But I am not getting my hopes up.
Old 5th August 2010, 04:22 PM
Who... Initiate

I'm sorry to hear that, you were one of the best AHS remixers in my opinion! I still have a ton of your stuff on my ipod. But thanks for the explanation, it's understandable to get burnt out after doing so much. I hope it becomes enjoyable again one day!
Old 5th August 2010, 04:32 PM
Connected Initiate

I liked some of your remixes too and I didn't find them unprofessional or something
sad to hear that you don't make remixes now..

well I myself am new to remixing things.. I started end of 2009 and since then I made only 2 Ayu remixes (Sparkle (Lunatic Mix) and STEP you (U-Go Mix))..
I'm not that good at remixing but I think I improved a lot since around March One day I'd like to make some professional sounding remixes, too, and I think I'll make it somehow Of course I'll make a lot more Ayu remixes!

Old 5th August 2010, 05:35 PM
Naturally Initiate

That's really nice of you guys to say, hearing that ignites that spark I used to have for making these mixes. I just re-uploaded all of my albums in the Fanworks section, depending on response I may just start again lol.

I figure it's been a year and some change since I really did anything and lots of new members to hear my stuff.

Tags
fan remix, remix