[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II] - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2021, 04:00 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I totally expected Life, she even performed it on TV. But I forgot HOPE or PAIN, which i really like.
Old 27th February 2021, 04:10 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'm so happy that Life and Curtain Call made it I love the cd/dvd cover, so beautiful!

Last edited by maxikot; 27th February 2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 27th February 2021, 04:32 PM
rainy day Initiate

TODAY is a blemish on this record.

Adore that they included Life though!!

Why are the covers like fucking blurry?? I had hope for at least the shots to become progressively zoomed out, creating some atmosphere of her surroundings...

With so many songs I doubt they will do reworkings or re-recordings at all.
Old 27th February 2021, 04:36 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^I kinda wanted a full body picture too, like in MY STORY covers but since she's pregnant and she clearly doesn't want to show her belly I understand, it would be awkward to photoshop her belly or hide it with some object
Old 27th February 2021, 05:03 PM
Initiate

The only thing I really don’t like about the cover is the title - why are they translucent? Why are they NOT THE SAME SIZE ACROSS THE VERSIONS? Photos are ok, though I wish there were less blur and more natural lighting so we could see her skin. But the color is lovely.
Old 27th February 2021, 05:22 PM
As if.. Initiate

Wow I totally forgot about "Life". I have not listened to that song in such a long time!
Old 27th February 2021, 05:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Thinking about playing BINGO with these:

CERTAINLY WILL BE ON (19 !!)

You Were...
BALLAD

Zutto...
Walk
Days
Virgin road
Sunset
Pride
forgiveness
HANABI II
Together When
How beautiful you are
Pray for you
Ohia no Ki
WORDS
Beloved
The GIFT
Walking proud
Curtain call

one or two curveballs from these:

SAKURA
Count down
Return Road
LOVE SONG
untitled
BRILLIANTE
Ivy
Missing
Winter diary
Part of me
Sweet scar
Pray
Angel
Life
GREEN
Last Minute
memorial address
Sweet Season
Mad world
The way I am
So the unbolded ones are what’s left. It’s like Survivor! She has so many, the third reveal is going to be satisfying or devastating many people lol
Old 27th February 2021, 06:09 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Why are the covers like fucking blurry?? I had hope for at least the shots to become progressively zoomed out, creating some atmosphere of her surroundings...
This is what bugs me the most. The photos are ok (not great either) but that blur is just so disgusting. It does look like a cheap attempt to hide skin imperfections. My desire to purchase a new release from Ayu is so strong that I still don’t lose hope until the last minute lol But the only interesting thing left seems to be that new PV.... (if they decide to add some kind of first press bonus, I’ll get the regular bluray one I guess).

Last edited by Toniayu123; 27th February 2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 27th February 2021, 06:42 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
This is what bugs me the most. The photos are ok (not great either) but that blur is just so disgusting. It does look like a cheap attempt to hide skin imperfections.
It's literally just a shallow focal length. Her eyes (or just the one in the lying down cover) are in focus, then the rest of the image slowly falls out of focus. It's a technique to give a soft, intimate, dreamy and romantic look.
Skin imperfections can be easily hidden with photoshop, so that's not likely what they're trying to do here.

It's nice seeing all the buzz and activity in the forum right now. The way she's rolling out updates is fun and certainly giving us lots to talk about!
Old 27th February 2021, 07:12 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPL View Post
So the unbolded ones are what’s left. It’s like Survivor! She has so many, the third reveal is going to be satisfying or devastating many people lol

haha I totally forgot to check MY STORY and (miss) understood yesterday.evening.
I even had rainy day, HOPE or PAIN and HAPPY ENDING in my playlist.

TODAY is a surprise.
Even if I'm not a fan of either TODAY or SAKURA, I'm happy for the ones who like it and get a better quality of those two.

And I really like the double-ayu fancover on the page before. i already said the colors are pretty in line with A BALLADS, but someone else pointed out the original A BALLADS and RAINBOW were already about coming to terms with herself, so she may did not want to reuse it (although i'd have like a twist on it to keep the concept - maybe a mirror?)
Old 27th February 2021, 07:53 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora-kara View Post
It's literally just a shallow focal length. Her eyes (or just the one in the lying down cover) are in focus, then the rest of the image slowly falls out of focus. It's a technique to give a soft, intimate, dreamy and romantic look.
Skin imperfections can be easily hidden with photoshop, so that's not likely what they're trying to do here.

It's nice seeing all the buzz and activity in the forum right now. The way she's rolling out updates is fun and certainly giving us lots to talk about!
You took the words out of my mouth. Can't expect people who don't mess with photography know of these things. lol However, i have to say, me as a total amateur could do this sort of crap and get away with it, but a pro photographer? They should know their stuff to be able to get the focal point in control, right where it needs to be and the rest softly blurring out. This looks like something i could take rather than an actual pro lol It's all over the place... The skin thing? I mean how often do we ACTUALLY see skin texture in Japanese covers? or anything for that matter. The faces are airbrushed to oblivion, sometimes to the point where it looks like it was taken with a phone camera rather than professional equipment. The light, to me from what i know and by the reflection in her eyes - it looks like a massive panoramic window to me.

Natural light can be very harsh but also very flattering, if you know what you're doing and get a good angle to "wash out" the imperfections.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 27th February 2021 at 08:35 PM.
Old 27th February 2021, 07:54 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I completely forgot that TA live 2016 wasn't released and cuts from it are "rare". Also PoM 2018 and what else? One of CDL?
That annoys me so much! We already have everything, well as tv versions but whatever. I'm afraid post 2012 a-nations are also can be counted as rare
Old 27th February 2021, 07:59 PM
Initiate

I hope they will do a good remaster to the horrendous SAKURA mastering on the original album. I like the song but when the glass-breaking chorus kick in its just game over for my ears.
Old 27th February 2021, 08:00 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I'm so happy for Life, but TODAY... well, i think this is the song that i really hate from Ayu. :x
Old 27th February 2021, 08:05 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm View Post
I'm so happy for Life, but TODAY... well, i think this is the song that i really hate from Ayu. :x
at least it is not THANK U
Old 27th February 2021, 08:13 PM
Far away Initiate

I really wasn't expecting HOPE or PAIN, TODAY, Curtain call and Life to be featured, especially Life, but I'm not complaining. I quite like TODAY, it's one of my favorites from MIJ.

About the covers, she looks good on them, but that's it.

Also, I know the performances on DVD/BD1 have already been released before, but they could've chosen better ones (Iike, I'd rather have HEAVEN from AT06 or CDL05-06 than from ABL)

Last edited by RealLight; 27th February 2021 at 08:25 PM.
Old 27th February 2021, 08:21 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I'm so glad Life is on there!
I was genuinely shocked by the covers (in a good way). For those who say they aren't meaningful and are just beauty shots I disagree. The moment I saw them I got a feeling of loneliness from them, perhaps from the cooler tones and her expressions that, to me, make it look like she just got done crying or is deep in thought about her life. I think they're extremely well done and some of the most beautiful photos I've seen from her in a long while.
Old 27th February 2021, 08:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

^that is FAR from looking like someone who cried her eyes out XD
Old 27th February 2021, 08:51 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Finally, the tracklist gets interesting!
Old 27th February 2021, 09:16 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
The skin thing? I mean how often do we ACTUALLY see skin texture in Japanese covers? or anything for that matter. The faces are airbrushed to oblivion, sometimes to the point where it looks like it was taken with a phone camera rather than professional equipment.
True. And I don’t dislike it. Her skin is always edited to perfection (and nicely done imo). I said in this case it looks like those kind of pics where blur is used to hide imperfections (myself included with PicsArt lol). I studied photography for only a year so I’m not a pro at all, it’s true what you guys mention, it is just so poorly done that I didn’t even think that could be the case

Last edited by Toniayu123; 27th February 2021 at 09:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2, haru yo koi