[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III] - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #461  
Old 7th April 2021, 11:57 PM
Surreal17's Avatar
Surreal17 Surreal17 is offline
Dolls Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPL View Post
Wow I do think the difference is notable!
I only listened to SAKURA preview so far and yess, the difference is really visible!
__________________
My Music Blog (new articles)
Ayumi Live Database List
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 8th April 2021, 12:09 AM
AJFmzk's Avatar
AJFmzk AJFmzk is offline
Boys & Girls Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I did but the slipcover is only for first press right?
I think so, but the preview on her website shows skip covers and digipack in the TA version photo
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 8th April 2021, 12:44 AM
Deep snow Deep snow is offline
no more words Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysan View Post
thank you for sharing the link. I compared these remasters and their original mixes and they do seem to be different—they're 'cleaner', but I think they could have been better.

songs like beloved, æternal, SAKURA, and how beautiful you are, for instance, sound better but they're still jarringly set in a much higher volume than the rest of the album.

meanwhile, JEWEL and Love song sound better but their volumes are lowered, stripping some of the 'kick' in their original mixes.

the standouts are MOON, walking proud, Days, Moments, rainy day (holy shit rainy day), and HOPE or PAIN (so so good).
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 8th April 2021, 12:59 AM
AyuCanada's Avatar
AyuCanada AyuCanada is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
thank you for sharing the link. I compared these remasters and their original mixes and they do seem to be different—they're 'cleaner', but I think they could have been better.

songs like beloved, æternal, SAKURA, and how beautiful you are, for instance, sound better but they're still jarringly set in a much higher volume than the rest of the album.

meanwhile, JEWEL and Love song sound better but their volumes are lowered, stripping some of the 'kick' in their original mixes.

the standouts are MOON, walking proud, Days, Moments, rainy day (holy shit rainy day), and HOPE or PAIN (so so good).
You also have to consider that the snippets from the website are probably not CD quality either. I do not know Mora, but Apple Music does not play CD quality.
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 8th April 2021, 02:34 AM
BlackSilence's Avatar
BlackSilence BlackSilence is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 5,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
The inner cover is so much better imo. -_-
It's such a beautiful photo of her, i totally agree! Somehow it's also less claustrophobic when it's not such a tight portrait shot, just makes everything look a bit less awkward (the text).
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 8th April 2021, 03:02 AM
Deep snow Deep snow is offline
no more words Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
You also have to consider that the snippets from the website are probably not CD quality either. I do not know Mora, but Apple Music does not play CD quality.
whoa, OK I didn't know this.

either way, the difference is noticeable in the remasters. I do hope they sound better in the actual album.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 8th April 2021, 03:21 AM
AyuCanada's Avatar
AyuCanada AyuCanada is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
whoa, OK I didn't know this.

either way, the difference is noticeable in the remasters. I do hope they sound better in the actual album.
for your information: apple music plays at 256 kbps on wifi and 128 kbps on data. I am not sure about the wired internet data. in comparison, a CD has a bitrate of 1411 kbps. So at loud volume, it is normal that a file on apple music sounds compressed (at least compared to a CD).
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 8th April 2021, 03:23 AM
junshen's Avatar
junshen junshen is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 306
Just collected mine, I got different cover from YT unbox person

Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 8th April 2021, 03:30 AM
TheRainbow's Avatar
TheRainbow TheRainbow is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 535
Very nice!
__________________


art thread

Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 8th April 2021, 03:38 AM
hud's Avatar
hud hud is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by junshen View Post
Just collected mine, I got different cover from YT unbox person

omg the inside cover is gorgeous!
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 8th April 2021, 03:56 AM
junshen's Avatar
junshen junshen is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud View Post
omg the inside cover is gorgeous!
I use my phone to scan the cover

here you go

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 8th April 2021, 04:36 AM
Xianghua's Avatar
Xianghua Xianghua is offline
I am... Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,224
I love that photo so much.
Thank you for the scan.
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 8th April 2021, 04:44 AM
hud's Avatar
hud hud is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by junshen View Post
I use my phone to scan the cover

here you go

Spoiler:
omg!!! thank you legend
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 8th April 2021, 05:04 AM
SURREAL__RAINBOW's Avatar
SURREAL__RAINBOW SURREAL__RAINBOW is offline
glitter Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,669
I hate the tag they've chosen for spotify lol it's going to mess up her plays sooo much! But oh well, I guess they're remastered, etc.

The pics look so lovely! Trying to avoid them until I get my copy lol but can't resist
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 8th April 2021, 05:50 AM
hidekirby's Avatar
hidekirby hidekirby is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: France
Posts: 1,370
Funny detail :
The actual release of A BALLADS 2 brought up an edited version of the "main" cover. The original one we had (which is also the one printed) is different. Her left hand was less edited (more wrinkles, more natural) unlike the new version.
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 8th April 2021, 06:51 AM
ayu-fan's Avatar
ayu-fan ayu-fan is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere in earth
Posts: 689
THANK GOD they fixing SAKURA. I love the song but never able to stand the ear-piercing mixing when the chorus came in. This is soo much nicer.
__________________
ayumi hamasaki - ULTIMATE DIVA
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 8th April 2021, 09:35 AM
StarSUCKER's Avatar
StarSUCKER StarSUCKER is offline
Who... Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-fan View Post
THANK GOD they fixing SAKURA. I love the song but never able to stand the ear-piercing mixing when the chorus came in. This is soo much nicer.
I noticed that too, and they similarly de-emphasized the very highest frequencies in the vocal track of æternal, which sounds so much smoother now.
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 8th April 2021, 12:15 PM
Aderianu's Avatar
Aderianu Aderianu is offline
Love song H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RUSSIA
Posts: 16,950
From Instagram

Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 8th April 2021, 12:18 PM
thinkingoutloud89's Avatar
thinkingoutloud89 thinkingoutloud89 is offline
Catcher In The Light Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany/Hameln
Posts: 6,233
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Funny detail :
The actual release of A BALLADS 2 brought up an edited version of the "main" cover. The original one we had (which is also the one printed) is different. Her left hand was less edited (more wrinkles, more natural) unlike the new version.
Does it say remaster? That’s how I have A VEST and LOVEppears listed since these are different versions.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 8th April 2021, 02:18 PM
ayumisrael's Avatar
ayumisrael ayumisrael is offline
Lelio Protector

 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 16,033
So I got to go to Shibuya today.
Except for 1 stand in Tsutaya and half a stand (shared with ketsumeishi) in tower records. I didn't see any other advertisements or posters as promotion for A BALLADS 2.
I guess that avex/ayu prefer to use tours, digital downloads, goods and online promo for ayu nowadays
Of course I didn't expect her to be on Shibuya 109, but at least a poster at the entrance of Tsutaya or something haha.
Anyway I took pics!

Shibuya Tsutaya





Shibuya Tower Records



Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a ballads 2, cd release, haru yo koi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.