ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ II - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th April 2012, 03:46 PM
GREEN Initiate

i wouldnt mind a change in the set list myself...
this one just seems... weak to me.
Old 8th April 2012, 04:00 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
^ Yepp, there were signs at the concert tonight saying tickets were still available for tomorrow's show.

Tonight's show was... I'd say 97% full? It's not like there were a lot of empty seats.
How full was the arena today?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th April 2012, 04:16 PM
UNITE! Initiate

More full than yesterday's, I'd say. But still within that 98%-99% range.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 9th April 2012, 03:04 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

how's audience's feedback about the show~~?
i think it will be great~~
it will be better if she change some part of the setlist...
Old 10th April 2012, 05:21 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Yes there was a humongous line of people getting tickets so I am certain it was practically sold out. I didn't see an empty seats so I am sure it was just the scattered single seat here and there.
Old 10th April 2012, 05:26 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post
I hate this Party Queen booklet stuff. just tasteless & cheap. eww. I hope they won't pop up these trashy images here & there. even this new pic doesn't add much to the booklet.
... Her image and outfits in recent shoots look exactly like the awesome stuff Kuu's sported for YEARS. Don't throw stones bb. Both of them rock it.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 10th April 2012, 06:26 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^so irrelevant.

Nice to hear that her vocals are good...I think I'll probably just wait until the dvd though to watch this tour.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 10th April 2012, 07:07 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoby View Post
how's audience's feedback about the show~~?
i think it will be great~~
it will be better if she change some part of the setlist...
feedback the second night was better than the first. I think most people attended both shows (or at least the people who didn't attend the first show read about it online) so they knew what to expect. of course the classics (SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL, appears, Boys&Girls) got the audience most riled up and excited than the rest of the songs, but that's expected.

Old 10th April 2012, 09:06 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

im a bit disappointed with the setlist and outfits, ive never been to one of her concerts before but if could choose one considering the setlist it wouldnt be this fosho.. =\
Old 10th April 2012, 11:29 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Polka, did you notice how crazy the audience went the second night for Shake it? I think it was the same the first night too, but especially the second night. I loved it too, especially considering I wasn't a fan of the song before. But I think the high energy of the performance plus the reveal of the outfit made it a huge favorite with the audience.

The 2nd interlude (3rd if you count the introduction) where Maro leaves Ayu's bed got another big reaction on the second night. COMPLETE silence then a EHHHH.
Old 10th April 2012, 12:00 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
Polka, did you notice how crazy the audience went the second night for Shake it? I think it was the same the first night too, but especially the second night. I loved it too, especially considering I wasn't a fan of the song before. But I think the high energy of the performance plus the reveal of the outfit made it a huge favorite with the audience.

The 2nd interlude (3rd if you count the introduction) where Maro leaves Ayu's bed got another big reaction on the second night. COMPLETE silence then a EHHHH.
YES!!! The audience absolutely LOVED "Shake It"!! I'll admit, last night, I had that song on repeat. I fell in love with that song after the performance.

Everything was so silent the first night, but you're right - I do remember a reaction that particular interlude. The first (or second, counting the intro), with a peek into all the couples, also got more of a reaction the second night. I remember really watching them more the second night, looking for details, and those are some of her best special screens. At least, they're probably the deepest she's ever had.

Old 10th April 2012, 12:23 PM
Over Initiate

^Do you mind telling us in the detail what happened in all the interludes? Waiting til the DVD next year doesn't sound so fun now, it's just so exciting!

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 10th April 2012, 12:34 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
^so irrelevant.

Nice to hear that her vocals are good...I think I'll probably just wait until the dvd though to watch this tour.
Not really, considering it was a comment someone made and... I'm responding to it. That's... how things work?

Agreed about the vocals. She's been pretty iffy lately, though I don't mind it myself.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 10th April 2012, 01:29 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
^Do you mind telling us in the detail what happened in all the interludes? Waiting til the DVD next year doesn't sound so fun now, it's just so exciting!
My review got into details a bit about them, but let me go ahead and describe what I can remember... Evolution and maybe some other people can help fill in what I couldn't remember / what I got wrong.

Spoiler:

INTRO1 (played right before the next intro)
Timmy describes the hotel. It's a very, very fancy hotel. But, looks can be deceiving, and what we see in this video isn't what we see throughout the other videos. I love this aspect.

INTRO2 (played right before Happening Here)
An intro of the dancers. They're wearing the bellhop outfits.

SCREEN1 (played before reminds me)
Timmy instructs the three clowns (at least, they're not the regular acrobats and they're not regular dancers; I think they're the clowns) to peek through a keyhole. The first couple or two are seemingly happy, which Timmy is a bit bored by. But, the couples seem to get worse. They start to argue more. Timmy isn't happy with this news - he's quite upset, really. The last couple shown is Ayu and Shu-Ya. Shu-ya isn't very happy with Ayu and throws her purse in retaliation. She's upset as she slowly walks away to grab her purse. She holds onto it for a moment before having a change of heart - she goes from upset to angry. She hits Shu-Ya with her purse before throwing pillows at him.

SCREEN2 (and this one shocked a lot of people) (played before appears)
We see a couple laying in a bed, in darkness. The guy - we find out it's Maro - softly gets out of bed to go to a room. Another lady opens the door. Flash back to the first room, and Ayu turns on the light. She continues to lay in the bed, and the impression I got from the video was that Ayu knew Maro was cheating on her. She just laid in bed and didn't do anything. Throughout the video, Maro and the second lady continuously argue until, at the end, the girl kicks Maro in the face before walking off. I think Ayu could sense his pain, or maybe she was just in pain herself.

SCREEN3 "Staff Room" (played before Shake It)
Timmy opens a door, stands there, before walking off. We see Ayu and the girl dancers peeking into a curtain, looking upset. Subaru storms over and demands they get to work. They kind of start working before they start to make a mess. Subaru is upset, but they start to throw soap around. He just gives in and starts lathering his body in soap. They suddenly step aside and throw off their work clothes into their sexy attire.

SCREEN4 (played before NaNaNa)
Some of the guys are in a room sitting around. Some of the dancers come out onto the change. I forget who initiates the challenge, but there's only started. They start shooting at each other before the dancers from the screen proceed onto the stage. They have a dance off. Suddenly, Ayu appears in the video before proceeding on the stage. With a gun in her hand, she looks around before aimlessly shooting.

SCREEN5 (played after EyesSmokeMagic ; there is no screen before the next LOVE, but Maro is tapdancing before that song)
We see Ayu on top of a piano. She is soon joined by her dancers and they dance around to Yo-chan and Enrique playing guitar.

SCREEN6 "The Garden" (played before Return Road)
Timmy opens the door again. We slowly zoom through the garden, which resembles the area in the "Return Road" video. It's gloomy, gray, and dull, unlike the description about the garden said in the first introduction video.

I can't remember if there was another screen after this... :/

Hope you liked it

Old 11th April 2012, 03:10 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
Not really, considering it was a comment someone made and... I'm responding to it. That's... how things work?

Agreed about the vocals. She's been pretty iffy lately, though I don't mind it myself.
irrelevant because of the koda part... O_o

I know a lot of people liked her PoM vocals, and I think they were good. I mean, she was never off key or anything major like that, but I just found them kind of unpleasant to listen to. And she was screaming every now and then. I only saw the dvd, so idk how the stream was.

I kinda am just hoping that her vocals become nice and pretty again for this tour.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 11th April 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 11th April 2012, 03:50 AM
GREEN Initiate

She was so emotional for PoM... I liked the vocals and thought they were the best she had done in a very long time...
Some of the previews that i have heard for this set she sounds pretty good... but of course I dont know what has been doctored up or not...

I wonder if she will do something like a limited edition like she did with PoM in yoyogi
Old 11th April 2012, 06:55 AM
Love song H-Initiate

polka-dot-jewel thanks
can't wait to see it
Old 11th April 2012, 07:03 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I'm so curious and excited! I want to see this NOW!!!! Thanks, polka-dot-jewel!!!
Old 11th April 2012, 12:23 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post

I know a lot of people liked her PoM vocals, and I think they were good. I mean, she was never off key or anything major like that, but I just found them kind of unpleasant to listen to. And she was screaming every now and then. I only saw the dvd, so idk how the stream was.

I kinda am just hoping that her vocals become nice and pretty again for this tour.
I totally agree. The screaming was especially unpleasant in BRILLANTE. I hope she has a new technique now.
Old 11th April 2012, 02:32 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I wonder if she will do something like a limited edition like she did with PoM in yoyogi
Hope this will merge the CDL HLS and the current PQ-dominated HLS and we'll have a perfect fusion

Tags
arena tour 2012, hotel love songs