New live DVD/BD 'ARENA TOUR 2012 ~HLS~' March 8, last of five 15th anni. releases - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2013, 02:59 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
No, that would be asking about her 50th anniversary. Would Ayu still look the same on all of her covers for those releases as she does now?
Lol

Although a lot can happen in 5 years, who knows.

Anyway, I'll be getting this too I guess!
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I can't wait to see this tour in HD! It's coming out later and later every year though, haha. AT13[?] will probably be out after AT14 starts!
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:01 AM
As if.. Initiate

OMG!! Thank U Thank U Thank U!! The release I'm mostly interest in!!

I really hope they will have Return Road on the DVD.

CRISIS MAKE UP

Old 23rd January 2013, 03:03 AM
Connected Initiate

It's strange that amazon release this news 1st lol.
I hope that this release is of quality. more bonus, not just the nowadays concert dvd.

Old 23rd January 2013, 03:04 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

How long was the concert from start to last encore track if anyone can recall? 3 hours sounds like there'll be some bonus footage on here.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:06 AM
Two of us Initiate

The concert had to be released at some point, it shouldn't be a part of 15th anni. releases

The reason there isn't a day when I remember you,
is because I haven't forgotten you for a moment...
mirrorcle worldtwittertumblr

Old 23rd January 2013, 03:06 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
I can't wait to see this tour in HD! It's coming out later and later every year though, haha. AT13[?] will probably be out after AT14 starts!
really? We dont even have an announcement for AT114 yet.

but i do find that she is staggering her releases closer to her tour dates. I think she and avex make more money by selling the products their self's and this is why though.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's not so much that, but the tours are ending around November or so every year now since she tours to like 30+ stops every year and there's another set of lives after a-nation whereas before 2007/2008, she would finish the tour in June or July before a-nation.

Unfortunately, with her recent albums coming out around December/springtime, the live DVDs also tend to follow which are released rather late, at least by her previous standards. POWER of MUSIC wasn't out until just before HOTEL Love songs started, iirc.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:11 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Not one month after another even though the releases in general were pretty normal in the past. What were you expecting anyway? Five brand new albums in a row?

People are blowing this out of proportion imo.
Of course I'm aware she wasn't releasing things so fast in the past.
What was I expecting? Something a bit original or surprising to celebrate this anniversary. I really don't care having the same material as usual but within 5 months.
The only interesting thing is A Classical (I don't enjoy it but that's not the problem). The rest is a lame attempt to create a celebration at the last minute while sending thank you messages to the loyal fans.

I'm not blowing it out of proportion. Her marketing team is. I'm also not expecting five albums in a row considering the creativity of her last full albums imo.

I'm happy to watch this live on blu ray anyway.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:11 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Not one month after another even though the releases in general were pretty normal in the past. What were you expecting anyway? Five brand new albums in a row?

I would love if she had done the same as european metal band Within Temptation have done in their 15th anniversary too. During 15 weeks, each friday, they covered a song from different artists with different styles (Lana Del Rey, David Guetta, Adele...). They converted each song into their metal style and played on the radio... free. And the day of their anniversary they made a huge and special concert.

I think it's something more special and a real gift for fans than selling 5 consecutives and expensive releases with a poor and ridiculous marketing strategy. We all know Avex only wants money and money and money but... c'mon... Ayu needs to wake up seriously. No offense
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:12 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

I'm always waiting for the arena tour live DVD since its the first Ayu concert I have ever attended ^^ hope the cover is nice!! Can't wait :p
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:13 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

I wondered why there is lot of negative comments toward this DVD release...
we have been waiting for her 2012 concert DVD...and it's normal for her to release it...
it's expected...and we have been waiting for a long time for this...
i hope there will be documentary for this concert...i love documentary

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 23rd January 2013, 03:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Her marketing team was pretty upfront about what this would be. Five releases in five months. That's about it.

Quote:
I would love if she had done the same as european metal band Within Temptation have done in their 15th anniversary too. During 15 weeks, each friday, they covered a song from different artists with different styles (Lana Del Rey, David Guetta, Adele...). They converted each song into their metal style and played on the radio... free. And the day of their anniversary they made a huge and special concert.
I feel like anniversary celebrations can vary depending on the artist themselves. If Ayu wanted to do something like that, she probably could, but... I don't think that type of thing is very 'her' at all.

Her anniversary has also not even happened yet so I'm looking forward to the rest of the year to see what she has in store for her actual anniversary year!
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:20 AM
TO BE Initiate

^ Agreed!

This won't be the last release we receive this year. It's the same mentality that people claim Avex have in their arguments against releases; they're greedy! As if they're going to miss out on an opportunity like a 15th anniversary. xD

I think A BEST 3 will pop up some time.
Which, in some cases, I think is a great thing.
I've always seen them as kind of 'closing' an era and opening a new one!
And Ayu definitely needs a fresh start!
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:22 AM
July 1st Initiate

This is definitely not a joke. None of these is amusing. "LOL".

5-releases-for-5-months itself I think is a nice stunt leading to her anniversary. As for contents, I think I remembered someone saying from the beginning that there's no guarantee for all 5 to be all mini albums/new songs/singles/albums/sperm whales/asteroids, so I never expected 5 new-song releases. This final release being a DVD is not uncalled for; everything's been true to her pattern since November (single ("mini album") - single ("mini album") - album - remix album - DVD), the 5-for-5-months is just a way to make things interesting. And it -has- been so indeed.

I have to say I -did- kind of expect the final release to be extra grandeur (being the "final" and everything), but if I knew avex and ayu, I didn't think it was possible. Then again, this might very well *not* be the final release: there might be something prepared for April 8. Or not. You never knew.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:23 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
I think A BEST 3 will pop up some time.
Which, in some cases, I think is a great thing.
I've always seen them as kind of 'closing' an era and opening a new one!
And Ayu definitely needs a fresh start!
i hope we get A Best 3 and it be like the BIGGEST thing this year...

dreams can come true sometimes.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:24 AM
And Then Initiate

As part of her 10th anniversary year we had Mirrorcle World, A Complete and Days/GREEN so maybe we'll have more things this year too. I hope so
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:24 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Her marketing team was pretty upfront about what this would be. Five releases in five months. That's about it.
You're right. But you can't blame people waiting for something original to celebrate an anniversary and being deceived in the end.
Again, I don't feel betrayed or anything of this sort. I just think it's sad...
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:27 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's a very nice start to the 15th anniversary year imo. I was horribly disappointed with Ayu's 10th anniversary when it started, but she made up for it eventually.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:33 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I knew this was going to happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
I am kind of anticipating this last release. Wonder how she will end this 5 month release thing.
Me too. But I'm guessing Arena Tour DVD...
...so I'm not really surprised here. But...

Quote:
I liked the contents of the five releases... not sure why it'd be considered a 'joke' to be honest. They should reveal the bonus goods soon. Please don't be something you have to mail the cards in for, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
its a joke because i consider it a joke. you dont have to.
It was supposed to be about the fans, the two mini's both included onto a new album is not a gift.
and then announcing that its five releases of new music... just to have the 'new' album and now a dvd with no new stuff...
joke.
I agree. I know I'm quite surprised...but I'm quite disappointed about it, had I may have been more of an Ayu fan. But since I have to balance my Japanese pop interests with other artists (miwa, Sayuri Sugawara, AKB48, and even Yanawaraba...), I'm not really in much of an interest with Ayu today compared to, say, five or six years ago (remember Asia Tour 2007?)...

Quote:

Yeah, we've got to deal with it. They want some variety, we have to settle with it. Two mini albums, a special classical album, a new studio album and a live concert tour DVD...that's quite a variety.

Quote:
It's not so much that, but the tours are ending around November or so every year now since she tours to like 30+ stops every year and there's another set of lives after a-nation whereas before 2007/2008, she would finish the tour in June or July before a-nation.

Unfortunately, with her recent albums coming out around December/springtime, the live DVDs also tend to follow which are released rather late, at least by her previous standards. POWER of MUSIC wasn't out until just before HOTEL Love songs started, iirc.
Yeah, I'm quite disappointed with that, but we also have to consider about production time, particularly post-live editing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
I wondered why there is lot of negative comments toward this DVD release...
we have been waiting for her 2012 concert DVD...and it's normal for her to release it...
it's expected...and we have been waiting for a long time for this...
i hope there will be documentary for this concert...i love documentary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Quote:
You're right. But you can't blame people waiting for something original to celebrate an anniversary and being deceived in the end.
Again, I don't feel betrayed or anything of this sort. I just think it's sad...
Agreed

Last edited by Bigtop; 23rd January 2013 at 03:39 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, arena tour 2012, hotel love songs