Has anyone ordered NEXT LEVEL (USB Version)? - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 17th February 2009, 11:12 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

It's all sold out over the net I think...
Anyhow, the design is so cute, but so expensive O_O
I thought the point of having a UBS version is so that it would be cheaper but its not!
Old 18th February 2009, 01:37 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^^ my best guess is every store/online store may have 10-20 USBs. so prolly, there will still be displays on actual release date.. just so happens that the ones allotted for the online stores are gone but not on the music stores ~~~ YET.
Old 18th February 2009, 02:42 AM
too late Initiate

Location: Mirrorcle town searching for my last angel (Mexico)
Honestly, i already lost hope about it. Plus, i don't wanna get mad because of this, in the end is the same content, the package is the only change. It kind of sucked because the USB was very practical, you could have the cd, videos and booklet, plus free space, and you could use it as a pendant...

However, in terms of content, the limited edition is better... there are gonna be the making clips and the pcd songs...

well... it's not so bad i guess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Maybe he has occasional feelings.

Ayu stans are Fugging scary.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:20 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanabiChick View Post
I was thinking about that too, and maybe they can't make a lot of them because of the Ayu logo. A lot of regular USBs can probably be made easily and cheaply, but it might be more expensive to make these special ones with logos so they can't make many of them.
I'm sure that Ayu logo is not a reason. Avex produce them by themselves so they don't need pay any additional costs by licence for using Ayu's image. I think that rather they didn't expect so big interest in this version of album. However that amaze me. How they could release 1st in japanese history album on such media type and don't count that it sell well? A lot of fans just bought it because of Ayu logo on it. Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairily_Spark View Post
It's all sold out over the net I think...
Anyhow, the design is so cute, but so expensive O_O
I thought the point of having a UBS version is so that it would be cheaper but its not!
Cheaper? Are you kidding? I can assure you that cost of produce USB memory is more expensive than CD (which cost pennies), especially that those USB have special shape etc. Even pendants with Ayu logo cost around 20$ so let's not expect that USB memory stick with data would cost the same.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:29 PM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffycue View Post
^^ my best guess is every store/online store may have 10-20 USBs. so prolly, there will still be displays on actual release date.. just so happens that the ones allotted for the online stores are gone but not on the music stores ~~~ YET.
yeah, i can now imagine fans queing up at the music stores hours before the store open

My Instagram

Old 18th February 2009, 12:55 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
I'm sure that Ayu logo is not a reason. Avex produce them by themselves so they don't need pay any additional costs by licence for using Ayu's image.

I meant that the shape of the USB stick is the 10th Anniversary logo, that it would probably cost more to make than just a regular USB stick. Though I do agree with you that if record companies can't afford to make them then how can they promote music on them if they can only make a few. It doesn't make sense.

"Once you turn into a memory, you exist inside me forever
& that's the cruelest thing there is..."
-18.12.08- -25.06.09- -29.02.12- -06.08.13-

. . . . . .
Old 18th February 2009, 12:59 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Nope, why should I?

Old 18th February 2009, 01:05 PM

I wonder how much "copies" of USB was available at CDJ and how much copies of 1st press editions they usually have...

Another question: how much copies of OS version will be available at YA? If this item is so strictly limited probably YA won't have it at all.
Old 18th February 2009, 01:15 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
I wonder how much "copies" of USB was available at CDJ and how much copies of 1st press editions they usually have...

Another question: how much copies of OS version will be available at YA? If this item is so strictly limited probably YA won't have it at all.
I think the question's whether will avex HK & avex taiwan be manfacturing the thumbdrives or not ?

if so then all hope's still not lost in this aspect , I mean for those who want to get hold of it but are not able to do so at this point in time

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 18th February 2009, 01:43 PM

They should manufacture it because they always releasing the same stuff as Avex Japan. And there's also one more important reason - since Ayu started perform in concerts around China it menas that Avex treat serious that market.
Old 18th February 2009, 03:59 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I think the question's whether will avex HK & avex taiwan be manfacturing the thumbdrives or not ?

if so then all hope's still not lost in this aspect , I mean for those who want to get hold of it but are not able to do so at this point in time
God, I hope you're right t_t;;;

I WILL NOT SLEEP THROUGH IT THIS TIME č_é9
Old 18th February 2009, 04:38 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Does anyone tried on Play-Asia?
I just wondering if they'll have that USB in their inventory.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 18th February 2009, 05:17 PM
ever free Initiate

I don't want to let you all down by saying this. But Japanese HIGHLY treats collectibles. Usually when collectibles' goods are gone, they are gone for real. That's why they call that goods collectibles. The purpose of collectibles usually aren't for money, it is a 'treat' for hardcore fans (though some are getting it to resell it) and that's why they make them in limited quantity.
There are some limited qty dolls/figurine made by famous figurine makers in Japan that only cost you below $100 at first, but when that figurine comes out for auction it sold for thousands of dollars worth of money. Sure you can hate those people who bought it only to resell it, but that's the meaning of hardcore fans, how far would you go to get that collectibles? And Japanese are simply like that.
But to make you feel better, this is Ayu, a J-Pop artist, who do this. And J-Pop fans are more civilized^^ and their company love money. SO there's always possibility they'll make more. There aren't much otaku in music world, so you can feel more relieve...
Old 18th February 2009, 06:15 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

omg...
jpophelp is raising their price everyday... the went from originally 118$ up to 239$
http://www.jpophelp.com/scripts/news...860&showname=1

I am glad that I didnīt order there. I am not giving away a single cent to such a company that is so badly gredy for money, especially when I can not be sure that I will get it.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 18th February 2009, 06:16 PM
glitter Initiate

^ Wow that is SO greedy of them... that's a crazy price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanz16 View Post
Does anyone tried on Play-Asia?
I just wondering if they'll have that USB in their inventory.
Actually I emailed Play-Asia a few days ago and this is their response. However they said restock.. which sounds strange since to my knowledge they never stocked the item.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am sorry that we are not going to restock it for the time being.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Match
Play-Asia.com

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 18th February 2009, 07:43 PM
Over Initiate

I'm waiting for pre-order untill i see the covers ^^
Old 19th February 2009, 11:20 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
God, I hope you're right t_t;;;

I WILL NOT SLEEP THROUGH IT THIS TIME č_é9
Hahaha. I hope I don't have a work shift and work through it! ><

JUST ONE GLIMPSE CAN CHANGE LIFE.

Old 19th February 2009, 11:26 AM
neverending dream Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk View Post
^ Wow that is SO greedy of them... that's a crazy price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
omg...
jpophelp is raising their price everyday... the went from originally 118$ up to 239$
http://www.jpophelp.com/scripts/news...860&showname=1

I am glad that I didnīt order there. I am not giving away a single cent to such a company that is so badly gredy for money, especially when I can not be sure that I will get it.
I know right ._. The best part is that they refunded the money from my order when I ordered it there 2 days ago for $118 telling me that if I still want the USB I'd have to order it AGAIN with that price

Old 19th February 2009, 11:39 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Pao View Post
I know right ._. The best part is that they refunded the money from my order when I ordered it there 2 days ago for $118 telling me that if I still want the USB I'd have to order it AGAIN with that price
^ Get outta here.... r u sure? Unbelievable.
The price itself is already ridiculous. $236 for one usb is way too overpriced. Thx f.y.i, I almost buy from them because my sis seems to want that USB badly I almost consider that site to buy. But a greedy, money crazy, profit company like that is better to be left alone.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:44 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
YA has put up the sold out for the usb at least half an hour before it went out of print at CDJ.
I am more convinced now that YA never had that USBs. They put Out of Print on USB Version the moment they posted NEXT LEVEL. That's what I read somewhere here in this forum. Probably AVEX only give this limited qty USB to online company inside of Japan like CDJ, HMV, Mu-Mo and amazon.jp. YA is not based on Japan, neither is Play-Asia ne?

edit: Sorry, can this be considered double post? Please mod combine this post with my previous one... thx n sorry

Tags
next level