Ayu Schedule #3 - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc. - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th December 2009, 05:07 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
@noidea - regarding the mic noise, I am not sure if you're aware of it xD but there is a whole "scientific" side of the story and today it's really easy to get rid of various types of noise...so that shouldn't even be considered a valid proof. It's one thing to attend the concert or watch the live broadcast and another thing to speculate and base your opinion on "heavily" edited footage. But I think that when it comes to that topic all has been said. I decided to enjoy the show instead of thinking about things that generally don't matter to me.
I am aware that mic-noise can be kept to a minimum, sometimes completely be erased, by now, but my post was supposed to be more general, it's still valid for older concerts and live broadcasts that are of a few years of age(or when there's heavy noise for one song but none at all for another performed at the same mic in a live broadcast for example)

@Andrenekoi
Quote:
"OMFG!1 AYU IS SO AWESOME AND HER POO IS MADE OF GOLD AND IS KIRA KIRA!"
I love you

...but you probably knew that already...xD
Old 8th December 2009, 05:26 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
How appropriate for the best artist of 2009

I wonder what she'll perform? She seems to be making interesting performance choices.
It will definitely be You Were.

The only reason she did Rule at CDTV was because she always does two songs on that show.

Quote:
^So? Rule was a well accepted song, people seem to have liked it. She sang SURREAL the last year, it's not all about promotion...
That is because everyone on that show was supposed to sing an old song. This show though isn't usually like that.(unless they do a special theme or something, which would be great!) I hear Arashi is doing a medley of their hits, so it might end up being something like that.

Quote:
Ayu had pre-recorded performances before (Sunrise@Heyx3 anyone?, all the CDTV perfs. should also be pre-recorded) and she isn't the only one...so while I respect SunshineSlayer's opinion I think it wasn't necessary to point out the fact that Ayu might be avoiding to sing live as most likely the whole show is getting pre-recorded.
The reason I mention it is because the show is live. Every year it is aired live after Kohaku, but this is the only year that Ayu is doing a pre-recorded performance for it instead of performing live with the other artists. That's why I brought it up because it seems out of character compared to her previous years - just like not going to FNS too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post

I also really wonder what made her voice go downhill so much from 2005-2006 countdown, to Arena Tour 2006, which featured much more damaged vocals that the countdown itself... Born to be's vocals were really bad... I have to wonder now if she does really smoke sometimes, because of course we know she has lost hearing in one ear but if you listen closely you can hear her breathing and everything is changed and almost so short breathed.
Yes, this is what I believe as well - the smoking. With Ayu being a rebel, I think its possible that she could have been smoking since she was very young and of course we do have that tabloid photo of her with a cigarette in her hand, so at the very least she is a casual smoker. But all the problems that I hear with her live voice such as constantly sounding out of breath and being unable to hold out notes is all a consequence of somebody who has been smoking too much. Her voice has also been getting consistently deeper which can also be a consequence of long term smoking. The ear can attribute to being off pitch, but not to the shortness of breath I don't think.

Quote:
And I read that you didnt mean that if she sounds good in TV live then it must be edited, but you did say that you wonder if the reason why CDTV was not live was because she's afraid of vocals, and if you say that, doesnt it imply she will edit that vocal too?
No, not at all. A pre-recorded performance means that she can do it over and over again as many times as they need to get it right. Obviously she can't do that in a live broadcast.

And about forcing opinions. I've never done that or at least don't feel that I have. I've always stated my opinion and explained my reasons and just because people don't agree with it does not mean I am forcing it on them. I say I think that Ayu's vocals in tv lives have been getting worse and explain why and that means I am forcing my opinions on you? Please give me a break, otherwise I feel like I can't post anything. That's like saying anyone who disagrees with me and logically explains their reasons for it is forcing their opinions on me - obviously not. It seems just that a lot of people here can't take criticism against Ayu, even when it is constructive. And noidea is right - I post plenty of positive things about Ayu, but people seem to conveniently overlook those. It's like I said, only a couple of people seem to actually constructively criticize her like I do, so those posts stand out more. Oh and also, anytime I post a it is not a snarky way at all, its because I actually mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I became to appreciate and resepct Sunshineslayer since her opinions are just as good as mine.

I also love discussing with her from time to time even if it doesn't mean we will always agree.

I don't think that Sunshineslayer hates ayu at all or even hint it and her opinions are needed as everyone else's.

Now trolls and people who come here and say crap all the time or put the same "it's awful" sentences all over again, those are the people who annoy and have nothing to contribute as much as the "it's the best thing in the world" phrases people.
Thank you thank you very much ayumisrael. The day I say OMG THIS SUCKS!!!! People can jump on me then. Actually, if anything, it is those people that should get jumped on, but everyone seems to save it for me, haha.

Phew, lots to reply to!

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 8th December 2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 8th December 2009, 05:38 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Yes, this is what I believe as well - the smoking. With Ayu being a rebel, I think its possible that she could have been smoking since she was very young and of course we do have that tabloid photo of her with a cigarette in her hand, so at the very least she is a casual smoker. But all the problems that I hear with her live voice such as constantly sounding out of breath and being unable to hold out notes is all a consequence of somebody who has been smoking too much. Her voice has also been getting consistently deeper which can also be a consequence of long term smoking. The ear can attribute to being off pitch, but not to the shortness of breath I don't think.
She might be just a social smoker though (or became social after being casual).
She did post a few months ago that she and her friends went to dinner and she took from her trainer a cigarette but threw it after 1 take.
Old 8th December 2009, 06:06 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
It will definitely be You Were.

The only reason she did Rule at CDTV was because she always does two songs on that show.

That is because everyone on that show was supposed to sing an old song. This show though isn't usually like that.(unless they do a special theme or something, which would be great!) I hear Arashi is doing a medley of their hits, so it might end up being something like that.
Oh! So that's what that thing with MW and SURREAL was last year? I see I see.... Even so, I hope she sneaks BALLAD in a performance for one of the shows for this holiday season somewhere, even though You were... is the main A-side.
Old 8th December 2009, 06:26 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post

@Andrenekoi

I love you

...but you probably knew that already...xD
I miss u^^

and... I'm ready for some non-Rule lives xD

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th December 2009, 06:32 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
"OMFG!1 AYU IS SO AWESOME AND HER POO IS MADE OF GOLD AND IS KIRA KIRA!"

what the heck - I think this is the reason why I love AHS

Old 8th December 2009, 06:32 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
I miss u^^

and... I'm ready for some non-Rule lives xD

Rule rules! >:O
Old 8th December 2009, 06:38 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Rule rules! >:O
You were... can kick Rule's fat ass any day of the week!

Old 8th December 2009, 06:43 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
You would know about fat asses wouldn't you

Okay this is not the place for this, my love.

(failing attempt to get back on track) I wonder what Ayu is going to wear for her upcoming performances!?
Old 8th December 2009, 06:45 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Something that looks like a birthday cake, as usual for her winter performances xD

Old 8th December 2009, 06:46 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I kind of hope she wears something different...... Something elegant but not out of a fairy tale Disney princess story lol.
Old 8th December 2009, 06:48 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddbear55 View Post
ooo so many performances!! Can't wait!! Last year I was new to the forum so I had a hard time keeping up with all the days performances but this year I am so ready!!! I have to clear out my hard drive so I can try and download the full shows!! lol
*lol* You're cute! But honestly I should clear some harddrive space too, as I usually download full shows - there are so many artists to enjoy. Best artist seems like Johnnys Countdown. Nearly all of them are there
Old 8th December 2009, 06:50 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai82Go View Post
*lol* You're cute! But honestly I should clear some harddrive space too, as I usually download full shows - there are so many artists to enjoy. Best artist seems like Johnnys Countdown. Nearly all of them are there
Is that their snobby way of saying they're the best and that's why they're all there and the other artists were just invited to look bad compared to them?

Ahhh those Johnny's boys are up to no good!
Old 8th December 2009, 06:50 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Spoiler:
I also think that countdown was the worst, but..

Ayu has had ups and downs in her career vocally, and its not gonna change. For me, I hate the Duty album vocally because it sounded to me that she just continued singing from her nose.

I also really wonder what made her voice go downhill so much from 2005-2006 countdown, to Arena Tour 2006, which featured much more damaged vocals that the countdown itself... Born to be's vocals were really bad... I have to wonder now if she does really smoke sometimes, because of course we know she has lost hearing in one ear but if you listen closely you can hear her breathing and everything is changed and almost so short breathed.

But I really gotta agree with many people against SunshineSlayer. I feel most of the time, you only say bad things about the Ayu of right now, and say this is lipsync, that is lipsync, etc. I always expect it from you to come in at the perfect time and say 'this is the lipsync, dont even tell me its not.' It's not enough that it's your opinon, you gotta have to create it into some kind of law, and try to tell others that they are wrong saying its not lipsync, or whatever.

Also, maybe sometimes people dont wanna have a rational conversation about Ayu. Sometimes, they just love something so much that they wanna overlook, and I wanna do that a lot too. I dont want to have someone force their own opinions into me, saying how bad she is, how she always lipsyncs, and if she sounds good, it must be edited.

And I read that you didnt mean that if she sounds good in TV live then it must be edited, but you did say that you wonder if the reason why CDTV was not live was because she's afraid of vocals, and if you say that, doesnt it imply she will edit that vocal too?

I wanted to say that for a long time now, to stop trying to make everything into a fact that she has not improved at all from 2007 - 2008 countdown, how sucks she is, how she always lipsyncs, etc, because it just pissed everyone off... try to make things sound more non-confrontational and not looking for a fight, because thats how it sounds, when you always complain about something and put ... thanks.

Thats all I will say to that, so on another note,

I'm really looking forward to the performance of You were...
I can't wait!
Agreed with all of this.

I'm excited for the upcoming lives!
Old 8th December 2009, 06:53 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Rules ass isn't fat
It's just...toned xD
Old 8th December 2009, 06:56 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Is that their snobby way of saying they're the best and that's why they're all there and the other artists were just invited to look bad compared to them?

Ahhh those Johnny's boys are up to no good!
Probably. They are there to take over the world. IDK about the Johnnys Bands especially Arashi. I like them and all, but people always blame Ayu's waning popularity on overexposure and that Japan is sick of seeing her face. But that cannot really be true. I mean Arashi are EVERYWHERE in Japan, in Dramas, CM's, Concerts, the News...everywhere. And nobody seems to be sick of them. I call that overexposure.
Old 8th December 2009, 07:05 PM
Liar Initiate

^ lol I so agree with that! It seems like it's even worse than what it was back when Ayu was in her overexposed era. I guess the fan girls can't get sick of their faces :O lol

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 8th December 2009, 07:20 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ It's not just fan girls though, a lot of people of all ages watch Johnny's tv shows - especially SMAPXSMAP.

I think it has to do with how the people are perceived by the public which dictates whether people get tired of them or not or how quickly they get tired of them. Like in a recent poll, people said the number 1 reason they liked Arashi was because of their humanity. Whereas most female artists it was their looks or fashion or something along those lines - often things that are fleeting or people get sick of easily; not their actual personalities.

Quote:
I kind of hope she wears something different...... Something elegant but not out of a fairy tale Disney princess story lol.
Well, we already know that she is wearing a pink fluffy dress at CDTV, so birthday cake is probably the correct assumption.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 8th December 2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 8th December 2009, 07:38 PM
And Then Initiate

honestly with Days and GREEN she never sang GREEN live =/ she saved it for the countdown for us to hear it live
Old 8th December 2009, 07:40 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
^ It's not just fan girls though, a lot of people of all ages watch Johnny's tv shows - especially SMAPXSMAP.

I think it has to do with how the people are perceived by the public which dictates whether people get tired of them or not or how quickly they get tired of them. Like in a recent poll, people said the number 1 reason they liked Arashi was because of their humanity. Whereas most female artists it was their looks or fashion or something along those lines - often things that are fleeting or people get sick of easily; not their actual personalities.
That's why ayu sounds like a bimbo on most of her interviews, right? Cuz they often focus the interview on fashion and stuff like that ~~'

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, magazine, schedule, tv appearances