[Official Message] A BEST -15th Anniversary Edition- - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2016, 03:44 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

To me it wouldn't really make sense to tack on a new song to a 15 year-old compilation album... it's not like it's a studio album that had actual recording sessions for songs intended to be on it. I think of A BEST as a time capsule, these are all songs that represented not only an era of Ayu's career but an era of J-Pop in general. The inclusion of new songs would be unnecessary, they have no place amongst songs that have all had a certain level of cultural impact. If anything they should've included more big songs from that time that were left off. That's just my opinion tho.

Last edited by Sunrise; 29th January 2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 29th January 2016, 04:22 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I wonder if she still dislikes this album as much as she used to. At first, (15 years ago) this release was against her decision, right?
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。

Last edited by mellody; 29th January 2016 at 04:54 AM.
Old 29th January 2016, 05:32 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post
I wonder if she still dislikes this album as much as she used to. At first, (15 years ago) this release was against her decision, right?
She doesn't dislike the album but the idea of releasing the album too early. After so many years and being her best selling album, I think she loves it. 😂

Old 29th January 2016, 06:09 AM
As if.. Initiate

I wonder how Ayu personally feels about this since, well, she never wanted to release A Best in the first place, and the album cover was a sign of rebellion of that, and now Avex is milking it for even more money.

It doesn't really sit right with me, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
She doesn't dislike the album but the idea of releasing the album too early. After so many years and being her best selling album, I think she loves it. ��
You DO know why she's crying on the album cover, right? The fact it's her best selling album is just an ironic fact.

| twitter | tumblr |

Last edited by SummonerXI; 29th January 2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 29th January 2016, 06:39 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Ironic fact. Yes. That's why it seems weird, in the end she promotes it 15 years later.

I remember back then that the purpose of releasing A BEST so early is because they want to compete with Utada Hikaru's Distance, right?

What if Hikki's comeback comes with a remastered version of Distance to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the album featuring her morning drama theme song as new content
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 29th January 2016, 06:41 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^^It's not that simple. She wanted to release a best later, with proper time to execute it (like she did with A Best II and A Complete) and this is what she hated. It has to be taken into consideration that it's not rare in the jpop market for a compilation at the end of a streak of (usually) 3 succesful albums to be the last breath on someone's relevance in the market. It was pretty common for someone decline from a million seller to someone selling 300k, 200k overnight after the first compilation album was released, and in a way it was how the labels ended the shelf life of an idol on a high note while she was still profitable.

But A Best didn't end Ayu's relevance, it actually turned her into a cultural icon.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th January 2016, 06:44 AM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post
Ironic fact. Yes. That's why it seems weird, in the end she promotes it 15 years later.

I remember back then that the purpose of releasing A BEST so early is because they want to compete with Utada Hikaru's Distance, right?

What if Hikki's comeback comes with a remastered version of Distance to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the album featuring her morning drama theme song as new content
She is still the loser

ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ Zhao Li Ying Fan ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ

Old 29th January 2016, 06:49 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Ayu or Hikki? Because Hikki actually got #1 on the first week and Distance outsold A Best.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th January 2016, 06:53 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiUsagi View Post
She is still the loser
lmao the feud between the two was nothing more than stuff done by the media. Both of them won regardless. No need to say one is a "loser."
Old 29th January 2016, 07:27 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Ayu wrote No more words in regards to the way they were pitted against each other, according to my roommate. Does anyone have any more info about this?

Because it's the first I heard that.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 29th January 2016, 08:28 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonerXI View Post
I wonder how Ayu personally feels about this since, well, she never wanted to release A Best in the first place, and the album cover was a sign of rebellion of that, and now Avex is milking it for even more money.

It doesn't really sit right with me, to be honest.

You DO know why she's crying on the album cover, right? The fact it's her best selling album is just an ironic fact.
That's her way of rebelling AT that time cos she felt that it's way too early for a compilation. It doesnt mean that she doesnt want to release a compilation album. It's just not the correct time. Now that it's already been released and it's her best selling album, you think she's still not proud of the album?

Old 29th January 2016, 09:24 AM
End roll Initiate

You know, I don't actually own A BEST so maybe I will buy the 15th anniversary version!
Old 29th January 2016, 09:31 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

A BEST re-release??? I'm disappointed at this...

But hey, at least there's DVD/Blu-ray this time. Initial A BEST release back in 2001 (before 9-11 days, remember? Don't even know Ayu at that time, I was only in elementary school) did not have DVD bundle (in fact, were DVDs that common at that time? Probably not...; Blu-ray wasn't a thing at that time either!), so that's interesting...but a DVD AND a Blu-ray in one Limited Edition package?

WHOA.

I don't think I've heard that very much, if I had before. Although I'm not sure why they would do this - and charge nearly 10,000 yen for it...

But where's our A BEST 3 or new album??? I did not expect the 2001 A BEST to re-release. (Although her profile picture on Facebook and Twitter kinda gave a hint...)
Old 29th January 2016, 10:42 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
A BEST re-release??? I'm disappointed at this...

But hey, at least there's DVD/Blu-ray this time. Initial A BEST release back in 2001 (before 9-11 days, remember? Don't even know Ayu at that time, I was only in elementary school) did not have DVD bundle (in fact, were DVDs that common at that time? Probably not...; Blu-ray wasn't a thing at that time either!), so that's interesting...but a DVD AND a Blu-ray in one Limited Edition package?

WHOA.

I don't think I've heard that very much, if I had before. Although I'm not sure why they would do this - and charge nearly 10,000 yen for it...

But where's our A BEST 3 or new album??? I did not expect the 2001 A BEST to re-release. (Although her profile picture on Facebook and Twitter kinda gave a hint...)
Albums came with VCD. I have a copy of Namie's 181920 with a VCD.
Old 29th January 2016, 10:46 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Let's just want and see...the remastering of the tracks may really surprise us. And really, we still did get A ONE and sixxxxxx and CDM AND TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR. We will be alright. lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 29th January 2016, 12:01 PM
Love song H-Initiate

to tell the truth, I never heard any big difference in remastered tracks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:35 PM
too late Initiate

Well this re-release is actually No.1 on CD JAPAN real time ranking and No.5 on CD JAPAN top sellers list. And now I have the urge to buy the limited edition :-)
Old 29th January 2016, 03:58 PM
Two of us Initiate

As long as M is 're-mastered' with the guitar solo this time.

The deluxe does seem like a collectors only item. It's a shame that it is lacking bonus content. Hikki's team raided the archives for some low quality demo recordings on that First Love re-issue, surely some such demo's exist from Ayu's first 3 albums that could be tacked onto a bonus disc as is, no effort involved, to justify the 9000Yen price tag for the deluxe edition.

Old 29th January 2016, 04:20 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I actually think this release is a good idea. I don't think they're hoping to sell a lot of copies, but it's indeed a nice way to celebrate A BEST's 15th anniversary, even though more extra material would be nice.. I have no intent in buying it, but it's good for those who are interested.
Old 29th January 2016, 04:56 PM
appears Initiate

I think this is actually a good release to replace to the old A BEST, especially for digital sales. Anything released prior to 2010 is very poorly mastered for popular audio formats. While I agree there should be remixes or alternate mixes, maybe an extra disc of A BEST B-SIDES, I think people will appreciate this album better optimized for current sound systems and digital formats.

-> <-
Closed Thread

Tags
a best