[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~again~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2012, 02:11 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

maybe it's just me but I guess some people always have this assumption that whatever ayumi put out , will be a sure thing that she will get #1 but as soon as they see something coming from her that's not #1 , they will make a massive big hoo ha about it ?

already it's evident this year as it will be her 1st time none of her releases will not get #1 but she already said for her 5 back to back monthly releases by doing this , her main purpose was not to get #1 but rather to thank everyone for having her back for the past 14 years or so

so does this mean all the blame should be put on ayumi for doing this in destroying this somewhat 'perfect #1' image she had for people all this while ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 9th December 2012, 02:20 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 View Post
I think that you should read posts more carefully. I think I've made a distinction between die-hard fans, casual listeners, and the general public. And it seems as if you haven't really kept up with Ayu's release patterns as well.
I really dont know what you're talking about... My post had nothing to do with your post. I wasnt even talking to you.
And personally you should read post more carefully because I never said that the collected material from the mini's would be the only think on the best.

I have said many times that what I want to see (get the words there.. this is what I want, not what will happen) is a best that will include the tracks from the minis. It's a 2 CD set.. we have Abest 3 and the 2nd CD...

and I have kept up with her release. If anything this year shows that anything is up for grabs. Releasing an album without any singles. then just a plain summer best 2 minis then a remix and then 2 things that we dont know... she has no pattern right now.

It makes perfect sense to gather all the original material onto 1 album and slap it together with a best album. It's perfect for those casual listens that you are so die-hard about.
Old 9th December 2012, 02:51 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
already it's evident this year as it will be her 1st time none of her releases will not get #1 but she already said for her 5 back to back monthly releases by doing this , her main purpose was not to get #1 but rather to thank everyone for having her back for the past 14 years or so
Generally I take statements like this released by Ayu (Avex?) with a pinch of salt. It's true #1 thing was definitely not meant to happen due to the slew of strong releases toward year end but releasing to thank the fans..? Personally, I feel this is to garner attention and lead up to her 15th anniversary. This being a very profit-driven industry and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ayu releases a compilation of the songs in the minis at the end of it.

Anyway, I still really want Ayu to do well. I think the quality of her music is still there and hope she is able to get the budget to do the awesome stuff she normally does. I'm quite sad and disappointed with Love and Again sales TBH, this being 15th anni and all that. Guess there's nothing for it but to look forward to the future releases and hope for the best.
Old 9th December 2012, 03:05 PM
appears Initiate

i hope it's not gonna be "NOTHING FROM NOTHING" all over again~ just kidding!!
Old 9th December 2012, 04:05 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

crap sales....
Old 9th December 2012, 04:12 PM
GREEN Initiate

this is only something like 3 days... thats what half of LOVE had and its about on par with LOVE...
Old 9th December 2012, 04:32 PM
rainy day Initiate

Wow, she's doing so well.

Old 9th December 2012, 04:52 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I just hope she passes 50k
Old 9th December 2012, 04:53 PM
GREEN Initiate

It will. no worries there. I think in the long run it will do rather well...
I think with these types of songs however it looks like we are going to get song 4 u at the year end show... :*(
Old 9th December 2012, 05:28 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I don't understand hm... ./////.
Today is 9th December :s
5th day??

---------------------------------------
1st Week
1st Day
- <-------------- First day sales: 0k?

2nd Day
- <--------------- Second day sales: 0k?

3rd Day
Position: #4
Sales: 9,087 <------ And then.. third day 9k???

4th Day
Position: #2
Sales: 12,764
Total Sales: 21,851

5th Day
Position: #6
Sales: x
Total Sales: 21,851 + x

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 9th December 2012, 05:33 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ it didnt appear on the charts till friday.
Old 9th December 2012, 08:21 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I really dont know what you're talking about... My post had nothing to do with your post. I wasnt even talking to you.
And personally you should read post more carefully because I never said that the collected material from the mini's would be the only think on the best.

I have said many times that what I want to see (get the words there.. this is what I want, not what will happen) is a best that will include the tracks from the minis. It's a 2 CD set.. we have Abest 3 and the 2nd CD...

and I have kept up with her release. If anything this year shows that anything is up for grabs. Releasing an album without any singles. then just a plain summer best 2 minis then a remix and then 2 things that we dont know... she has no pattern right now.

It makes perfect sense to gather all the original material onto 1 album and slap it together with a best album. It's perfect for those casual listens that you are so die-hard about.
You were referring to my post, as you responded to ever_free with "^ yall."

Party Queen did have a single, which was hbya, although only released digitally. It's nothing against your ideas of what you want Ayu to release, but I think you missed the main points of my posts, which is that the sales for again are not good indicators of how she'd sell for a real mini album. And also that even though these minis are penned as "gifts for fans," the reality is that most domestic fans are irritated that they'd have to pay more for extra photos of Ayu with Maro, on top of the news they're bombarded with.

Last edited by Kogepan_19; 9th December 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 9th December 2012, 08:51 PM
GREEN Initiate

I wasnt talking to you. I was talking to Zeke. and ever_free about the single, there are two more releases.

besides that, a digital single doesnt count in the eyes of oricon and that includes a ton of people. So she didnt have have a single for Party Queen.

And as for sales, you really cant judge just yet... its been released for 3 (maybe 4 days) and if you look at sales for again and compare them to LOVE they are about the same right now.

as for paying more... you are not. You pay for what you get. Label it whatever pleases you, it will still cost the same. She could of called it AYUMI'S GODLOVING MINI/EP/SINGLE/ALBUM/I'MAYUMI***** I CAN CALL THIS WHATEVER I WANT TO. it will still cost the same.

but now that I think of it her next title should be: AYUMI'S GODLOVING MINI/EP/SINGLE/ALBUM/I'MAYUMI***** I CAN CALL THIS WHATEVER I WANT TO.

it has a nice ring to it.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I want to think that people forgot that this mini was relesed in a weird day and they plan to buy it next week...
Old 9th December 2012, 11:22 PM
SCAR Initiate

^ that's wishful thinking. No chance this is going to match LOVE's sales.

Trying to pinpoint the reasons for such a sharp drop in sales in ONE MONTH, could only be two things:
- the controversy with Maro has angered some of ayu's loyal fans, who have boycotted this release
- this release came out so close to the release of LOVE, therefore there really isn't the same amount of anticipation here

I'm thinking its a combination of both factors, but more likely the negative publicity has hurt Ayu. It's really telling through these sales. Generally, sales go up closer to Christmas.

Can't say lack of promotion is to blame, or the release not having enough original material, as on both those points this mini has over LOVE.

Last edited by Tony G; 9th December 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:39 PM
appears Initiate

Can't wait what will come after "A CLASSICAL"! "LOVE" was great...but I think "again" is more better! I love "Wake Me Up"...it's been on repeat, and i haven't start listening to the second track~!!!!
Old 10th December 2012, 12:10 AM
Depend on you Initiate

I bought LOVE but not again. Reason? It's December, and I've had to spend quite a lot of money thus far on presents and preparations for Christmas. Those things are a priority, and I can see other people having a similar mindset. (I'm not really talking about the quality of the release, but my reasoning behind a purchase of this kind in general at this time of the year).

Old 10th December 2012, 12:13 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
^ that's wishful thinking. No chance this is going to match LOVE's sales.
i dont see how you can say this when we dont even have the first full week of again's sales... just in the first 3 days of sales we are at about 30K thats half of what LOVE had in the first week.

Wait till it has a full week of sales before writing it off.
Old 10th December 2012, 12:48 AM
SCAR Initiate

I think it's a pretty safe bet, Ayu's sales very rarely rise exponentially in the 2nd half of the week they've been on sale. Plus there's no promotion to trigger such an unlikely event. This is being realistic. The only chance it has of surpassing LOVE is with some sales longetivity, not quick gains.
Old 10th December 2012, 01:01 AM
GREEN Initiate

we are looking at 40-50K for five days and thats not bad for what this release is. after 7 full days it might even be close to 60K..
Love was 64K in the first week...

i never said anything about exponential sales, I'm going by the first 3 days and stuff off of LOVE sales.
Closed Thread

Tags
『again』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon