New single「Summer Again」(1.7.22) - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd July 2022, 04:47 PM
Far away Initiate

I loved the black hair blue outfit in the cave Ayu, but I think that represents the “dark” COVID summers when everyone was in isolation. The gold Ayu is now out and having fun! That’s the story based on the lyrics.

I only wished there was another dance scene in the sunset when the dancers and her are in waist deep water. That would have been cool!
Old 2nd July 2022, 06:21 PM
Because of You Initiate

^ they could have played with the whole silhouette thing too, it's unfortunate they didn't! Missed opportunity on both aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentasol View Post
I thought that edm bridge was a perfect opportunity for her to break out into a full dance choreography ala Real Me; would have been really cool for her to do that :3
I'm actually really weirded out by the fact that she doesn't do choreography in videos. At least she doesn't follow through with the whole thing. I get that live shows take incredible breath control to do that (even though she lip-synchs if she needs to be more physical) but i don't get why she doesn't do the whole choreography in her music videos, when there is any. I always find it weird. It makes the videos feel very, i dunno unpolished when she just flails around, it's the same as her live shows at this point, but in live shows it works. She may not be a dancer, but she certainly CAN dance. Why film her surrounded by dancers if she isn't participating? Just do separate shots, cuz it's kind of distracting and is a bit jarring too. Videos are supposed to be fantasy, and this one has edm song in it, but she hardly dances...So are you enjoying your own EDM track or not? It just weirds me out everytime.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 2nd July 2022 at 06:38 PM.
Old 2nd July 2022, 07:15 PM
SEASONS Initiate

-

Last edited by Toniayu123; 2nd July 2022 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2nd July 2022, 07:42 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^Ayu is not a good dancer. Her movements are stiff and I dare to say she has arrhythmia.
She has a heart condition? (Just joking!)

Old 2nd July 2022, 08:02 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^LOL My bad engrish. I didn’t know how to put it in English, but I guess it made sense.
Old 2nd July 2022, 08:50 PM
Far away Initiate

Ayu can’t sing And dance well to be very honest…. But really amaze how her X factors makes her a huge sensation in Asia back in the early 2000s
Old 2nd July 2022, 08:55 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
So are you enjoying your own EDM track or not? It just weirds me out everytime.
that's all
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:13 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^Ayu is not a good dancer. Her movements are stiff and I dare to say she has arrhythmia. (Not saying this to offend anyone). Even from the beginning, her choreographies never were outstanding because the girl CAN’T dance. Maybe that’s why she chooses dancers who are not so good at dancing either lol
Ayu has such a sense of rhythm that she is able to move around the stage with every beat, even making it look like she is choreographed or dancing.

The comment about her dancers, well.... I'm done with this forum

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Last edited by Uknow!; 2nd July 2022 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:25 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow! View Post
Ayu has such a sense of rhythm that she is able to move around the stage with every beat, even making it look like she is choreographed or dancing.

The comment about her dancers, well.... I'm done with this forum
Thanks for saying that🙏. Especially the dancers' part was a low blow. Ayu may not be a great dancer but she is able to pull off a whole routine as she did with 1 Love recently.
About the video, let me just say how beautiful the shooting of it is. There are so many moments worth being printed and framed ^^

Last edited by maxikot; 2nd July 2022 at 09:30 PM.
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:14 PM
too late Initiate

How I missed the delusional comments of this forum. People saying her dancers don't know how to dance... Do you even know what are you talking about? lol

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 3rd July 2022, 12:26 AM
Because of You Initiate

If she had no sense of rhythm she wouldn't be able to sing. You don't just need the tone to hit the notes, you need to feel the rhythm. She may not be a great dancer, but she certainly can move TO THE BEAT.
Her dancers are fine... also dancing on the sand isn't the easiest thing to do...O_O

BTW, i just rewatched the video... how the fluff did i miss all those blue outfit shots when i was watching the first time i have no idea. I literally though that her standing with the dancers in the dark was the ONLY bit we got LOL
Old 3rd July 2022, 04:20 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I had a realisation taking my shower today... i knew that song sounded familiar and i finally found what it reminded me : Cher ''Woman's World''

: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPWL-23w-w
Old 3rd July 2022, 05:08 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I really love this song as it sounds cheerful! It is a very successful song for me. Catchy tune for chorus, simple lyrics, easy to sing along. It brightened up my day.

As for the PV, I wonder what the dancers' costumes symbolise. Horns? Choreography wise slightly basic for me. Apart from nice costumes and scenery, nothing super fantastic. I have played this song hundreds of times already haha
Old 3rd July 2022, 05:37 AM
glitter Initiate

I think the pv is great! It's quintessential ayu

It's doing pretty well, 152,683 views atm

I just miss 2004-2006 soooo much! I would've loved to get this single in physical form, and having nonfiction as part of it too (STEP you/is this LOVE? style)

But yeah, so happy with all of her new music/videos since 2020. I'm really looking forward to the album!!! I hope it's as strong as NEXT LEVEL or RnR Circus
Old 3rd July 2022, 05:58 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
As for the PV, I wonder what the dancers' costumes symbolise. Horns?
Someone mentioned the fact that the song is about being freed from isolation, or rather, surviving despite it (ala COVID). In the video, Ayu and her troupe look to be a lost island tribe—a lost island tribe who not only survived, but thrived (and were strengthened) as a result of isolation.

It’s a really great analogy.

Last edited by Zeke.; 3rd July 2022 at 06:07 AM.
Old 3rd July 2022, 06:01 AM
Because of You Initiate

Yes her dancers can dance but the 1yen routine is so simplified that even ayu can't follow it! and you could say "but this is a dance song she has to have dancers" well, that's no excuse, she has dancers for every single damn pv she has since forever. She should change her name to Ayumi Hamasaki & friends it would better sense, since she's like EXILE but with one singer.

The PV had so many missed opportunities that beautiful scene coming out of the water (even with the dancers) but the spotlight is NEVER on her unless is a close up. I seriously thought they were going to have her against the sun, coming out like a mermaid but no, you pay more attention to the dancers with those horns and they all look the same with no faces just shapes.

The Black hair lady was another missed, the cave another one, not to mention the dance routine... And all that jewelry, was she hiding something? she's so petite she was drowning with all those chains on her neck.

anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I had a realisation taking my shower today... i knew that song sounded familiar and i finally found what it reminded me : Cher ''Woman's World''

: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPWL-23w-w
it is a copy woman's world!...
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 3rd July 2022, 07:02 AM
P.S II Initiate

I feel the PV makes the song a little better (sorry I just can't love the lyrics) though like many have said, there're many potentials that could have been executed in a better way, eg. choreograph, video editing, colour toning, the black-haired ayu style.
Old 3rd July 2022, 07:10 AM
opening Run Initiate

I rewatched the video and still liked it as much as I did the first time. I am surprised it isn't met positively here. I don't need a crazy dance routine, what was shown was sufficient and beautifully shot. Although she was portraying a diva as always, it worked and didn't get old somehow.
Old 3rd July 2022, 07:20 AM
from your letter Initiate

I watched the MV and I think it's a safe video. Nothing special to me unless beautiful shot from the beach and ayu (Who looks gorgeous as always) I wanted to see more black ayu but I'm still hoping for an other ''version" lol Did you notice her team didn't add the video in her music video playlist? And about the song, I love it. Verses are gorgeous, love the beat and this chorus is so addictive. This is the ayu who I fall in love 20 years ago.

Last edited by M.A.X.; 3rd July 2022 at 07:24 AM.
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:47 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I listened to this song few more times and I like it even less. Can't force myself to watch the video. The whole thing is huge disappointment and I prefer to think it never existed

Tags
summer again