[A] Ayu: Anything Goes [XXVI] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th June 2019, 04:14 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Ayu just posted a live compilation video of July 1st (with lyrics) using stadium performances

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 30th June 2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 30th June 2019, 04:44 PM
YOU Initiate

^ I think this somehow looks like a memorial video for ayu's “graduation” from a-nation.
Old 30th June 2019, 11:52 PM
starting over Initiate

Yeah it looks like a good bye video to a nation.
Old 1st July 2019, 04:50 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Is Ayu being left behind?

I know this is coming off so melodramatic, but it’s honestly been on my mind for the past few months.

It feels like all her peers are progressing and navigating this new pop sphere, but only Ayu has kind of... completely plateaued. She’s going, essentially, nowhere in her current career.

Like, I just saw Mika Nakashima will be in a Netflix drama broadcasted throughout the world, Namie is equally as present in pop culture despite her exit, Utada’s concert will be released, and she collaborated with companies and artists on a world level, and then there’s.... Ayu. Just, singing in these small venues with very little effort in pushing the envelope or elevating her star power. And it’s to the point where... I’d be embarrassed for her if she put her tours on any streaming service...

As a diehard fan, that hurts me to say lol. It’s so campy now, and it’s really, imo, negatively affecting her. We want people laughing with you, not at you, you know what I mean?

It’s just... I don’t know. I’m not trying to pick a fight, I’m sure people will be all set to call me out on her “not trying”—just keep in mind I’m talking more about her brand. A brand that at one time was completely together and had a clear vision and great execution.

It just feels like the world of pop is going on without her. And it feels like it’s all at her own doing.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 1st July 2019 at 04:53 AM.
Old 1st July 2019, 08:39 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Tbh, I'd say the world of pop has been going without her for a while now and it will continue to do so. Even when she put out albums very regularly (in rather recent years), she did music that she liked. She did some of her usual songs, some surprises, her tours and a few magazine shoots. She hasn't really tried something new so that she could enter 'the new pop sphere'. The last time she did that (music wise) was with Colours and we know how that went. At least that's what I'd say about this. I do feel like she has pushed herself to put on a great show. Maybe not vocally but overall I'd say that A^3 is much better than JTB1.

So I agree but it's not too recent imo. However, I wouldn't say that she is 'left behind' but rather that she decides not to follow, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 1st July 2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 1st July 2019, 01:10 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Tbh, I'd say the world of pop has been going without her for a while now and it will continue to do so. Even when she put out albums very regularly (in rather recent years), she did music that she liked. She did some of her usual songs, some surprises, her tours and a few magazine shoots. She hasn't really tried something new so that she could enter 'the new pop sphere'. The last time she did that (music wise) was with Colours and we know how that went. At least that's what I'd say about this. I do feel like she has pushed herself to put on a great show. Maybe not vocally but overall I'd say that A^3 is much better than JTB1.

So I agree but it's not too recent imo. However, I wouldn't say that she is 'left behind' but rather that she decides not to follow, if you know what I mean.
I agree. I feel like she has been doing her own thing for a while which makes it feel like she is stuck behind. She has her own sound and way of production (ex. music, stage, performance) which contrasts from the others
Old 1st July 2019, 07:12 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Btw, happy July 1st

Old 1st July 2019, 10:50 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Ayu kept alternating between a typical Ayu sounding album and an album where she tried something new for most of her career, and most of them were to some extent in touch with what global popstars were doing at the time.

NEXT LEVEL: Electropop like Britney and Gaga
Colours: EDM like pretty much everyone
A One: "personal" release nodding the artist own name like Shakira, Beyoncé, Britney, Madonna...
Made In Japan: album that feels more like a mixtape like Beyonce, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus...

We even start getting more ballads and mid-tempos from the overall pop music scene on the 2nd half of the decade and even Trouble isn't that far away from what the rest of older jpop actd are doing right now.

How well did her experiementation went is a matter of taste, but I can't see this disconection some people complains so much about.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 9th July 2019, 01:06 PM
And Then Initiate

Does anyone know what that milky soup-like thing that she's slurping in the canteen/break room, in the making-of ''alterna'' PV is? just randomly curious.
Old 11th July 2019, 07:53 AM
No way to say Initiate

Does this HAL produced song sound like Ayu to anyone else?
Old 11th July 2019, 08:03 PM
Paper Doll Protector

We need some kind of fun Ayu game on here to liven the place up. Any ideas?
Old 11th July 2019, 09:58 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Does this HAL produced song sound like Ayu to anyone else?

It sounds like momentum to me.
Old 11th July 2019, 11:40 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
It sounds like momentum to me.
Yes, I thought the same... or alike No way to say

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 12th July 2019, 03:11 AM
still alone Initiate

When I first saw that video by Ami Suzuki years and years ago I thought of Ayu too. It sounds as if it is Ami singing a song that Ayu didn't put on her Secret album.
Old 12th July 2019, 03:30 AM
rainy day Initiate

I have that track of hers included on my JPOP for the HOLIDAYS! playlist for that reason lol. It’s got that winter vibe ayu pulls off so well.

Last edited by Zeke.; 12th July 2019 at 03:32 AM.
Old 13th July 2019, 01:54 PM
Voyage Initiate

Thanks for posting that Ami Suzuki track! I'd never heard it before but I'm really liking it. I can definitely imagine Ayu in the PV and singing it.

It actually makes me realise how dated some of Ayu's music is. I've known people have thought that but never really heard it listening to Ayu's songs lol.
Old 14th July 2019, 12:38 AM
No way to say Initiate

I guess this is the classic AyuxHAL sound in 2019? Though this one is by BOUNCE BACK. Not sure how but it's got over 1 million views on Avex's channel which is huge for a non-group video.

nearly half of the comments in Japanese mention Ayu.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 14th July 2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 15th July 2019, 03:16 PM
BEST Initiate

Timmy is doing an IG live, and so I asked him to confirm what the English lyrics to forgiveness are and he said:
war & destruction
crime & desire
but i wanted only give my love
every cardinal sin
every moral deeds
but i was holding on for my love
Old 15th July 2019, 05:00 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I can never hear "cardinal", no matter what version I'm listening to.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 15th July 2019, 05:06 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I always hear carnal lol

Yesterday I listened to a bunch of songs I have from her on my pen drive while making a long drive, and such amazing gems I rediscovered. Crossroad, kiss o kill, talkin 2 myself, is this love?... and not to mention Return road which is pure perfection. I still don’t lose my hope she will come back someday with a great full length album with the true essence of Ayumi hamasaki.
Closed Thread