[Translation] Latest TA post [19th May 2017] - Health and ear condition - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 22nd May 2017, 06:40 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I don't think it is for attention, but even if she loves it that much she has to give it up right now otherwise she won't be able to even record music. I think fans who support that in anyway are even more tsupid.

This is a human being you are talking about, and even more one you love. Wouldn't you want for her to do what she is doing for years to come? It certainly won't happen if she pushes herself now.
I agree with this coment. I think Ayu needs to STOP the tour right now. I know she had a choice and she chooses to continue performing until she can't. This is not a rational choice. I rather she retire music right now and improve her condition and live a life full of luxury. She's already made so much music. It's time to let go and enjoy her life with the remaining hearing she has. If she loses her hearing, that's it. It's final. She's still young.
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:00 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatGirl View Post
Wow, I can't believe how insensitive some of these comments are. Ayu's made her decision about this a long time ago. From what I remember, she said she would keep singing until her other ear gave out when she first announced that she was half deaf. The lyrics to the song "count down" say a lot, too. And Ayu has always struggled with her self-image and her purpose (look at the lyrics for "TO BE" and "NEVER EVER"). Honestly, for almost the past ten years I've gotten the vibe that her number one passion is performing, and while she loves making music too, she continues to make music so she can keep going on tour and connect with her fans.

It's Ayu's decision. You don't have to like it, but I think as fans, we need to respect it. Also, who even knows if taking a break will help with her hearing? We don't know the full diagnosis. She may end up losing her hearing completely no matter what she does, so she might as well do what she loves most while she still can.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Apparently the only way to "love music" is by composing. You can't love to perform music live, and God forbids someone from loving to perform on a stage, the person will be reduced to some crazy for attention stupid being.

Stage actors? Dancers? Any kind of live performer? There's no love for their craft, there's no respect for the amount of effort they had to perfect their art, it's just a matter of wanting attention.

Poor Ayu, she does have some of the worst fans.
YASSSS QUEEN

"She just wants attention" argument makes little to no sense. If she loved the attention, which isn't wrong either, so so much, she could STILL take a break so she could enjoy the attention longer. So assuming she doesn't actually love music or her job because otherwise if she did, she would take a break (besides how would you know this? Just because YOU would, doesn't mean everyone else would—she's a human being, and as a human being she's complex and different and you can't know the way she feels and thinks about her life and career) works the same way with wanting attention, too.
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:02 PM
rainy day Initiate

Ayu has said before she isn't much of a "relaxer." She needs a purpose, a goal, a driving force - she needs something always in the works, because that's what she enjoys. I'm the same way. I couldn't imagine just having a life where I could "relax" - how fucking boring.

I don't think people realize what it's like to have a passion. A passion is what you live for - it's not the downtime, it's not the breaks - it's living in that passion.

People also talk about "what's the point if you don't have a family to come home to?" I have said before, if it came down to choosing the ability to listen to music or the interaction with friends and family, I would choose music even if it meant living out the rest of my days on a secluded island with the endless stream of music alone.

I think for ayu, being able to share her music is akin to sharing her heart. It's the most intimate form of expression for her. She has even said in the past she is not that great with words/talking/conversation. For ayu, through music and the stage is how she shares her heart and soul. And what's the point of life if you feel you're losing the ability to share your heart and soul in its most pure and rawest form?

Last edited by Zeke.; 22nd May 2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:21 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuWorld View Post
I like what you said, I wont judge Ayu much because I dont know what happens in her life personally, if it is like what you said, I can understand that because, she came from a broken family, hasnt got enough attention from her parents since she was a kid (well from what we read,she didnt even close to her mom), so it surely will affect someone's life and personality, too bad for that

for the media, it is weird this didnt make it in any entertainement new, but instead we got that news about them comparing Ayu and Namie on the tv news, meh
What is wrong with you and all these comments? So what rich people should sit and do nothing and people who like being on stage should be ashamed and they are attention freaks? Are you all for real? What the hell does her parents have to do with anything? A single parent can give you as much love and attention as two. I don't think any of us know enough about her childhood to pass any judgment. This is beyond ignorant and shallow.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd May 2017, 09:28 PM

There is nothing wrong with wanting being on stage and wanting to perform your songs live. But I simply don't believe it when someone, who actually didn't had an illness that wouldn't have been curable chooses getting deaf over functional ears, says it's because they love music that much.
Ayu had the chance to continue making music and even to tour again without losing her ability to hear. There won't be music for her ever again if she goes on like this. She made an absolute irresponsible choice regarding her health back then when she continued touring with a tinnitus and she's doing the same again.
Ayu didn't choose music back then, she chose being on stage. Not being on stage for a while and to get well wouldn't have ment to never perform again. I honestly don't think it was music she loved that much that she would rather not be able to ever listen to it again than to take a little break.
I know what it means to work to a degree and with a passion that you're so stressed out that you get a tinnitus, but I also know what every doctor will tell you then: REST.
Working that hard that you get a tinnitus means you're not feeling well, not at all, and most likely you're commitment to whatever you're doing resembles more an unhealthy relationship you put all your heart into because otherwise you don't have much and you also have some unsolved problems you're running away from. That is not something to praise or that would be brave to do.
Ayu could have gotten well back then and could have focused on writing and composing for a while, in order to get the rest she needed. She did the contrary. And she sure as hell didn't do it because of her love for music, but because she somehow wasn't able to be as responsible to herself as she should have been. I'm sure it's easier to tell oneself it was because of music than to admit she was more acting like a child.
Back then she was only around 21/22, but when she grew up there should have been a time when she realised she should take a break. Somehow she never realised that and reading her TA message it simply seems to me as if she just wants to be on stage because she needs the attention, since she is running away from something else. That is tragic and sad and I really hope she has some friends who will talk some sense into her. Being on stage and therefore losing your ability to hear is a prize way too high to pay.
Like I already sad, not doing 100+ dates every tour and maybe not touring for a year or two wouldn't have ment to never tour and perform again. But doing it ment becoming deaf. That isn't love for music, that is irresponsible and it's sad that it seems she doesn't care about her health and that there never was someone who told her she should care about her health. Reading her TA message there seem to be a lot of assholes around her who are more concerned about the entertainer Hamasaki Ayumi and the entertainment they get than with the person Hamasaki Ayumi.
Also judging by the responses in the forum here and how people praise her for putting being an entertainer over being healthy, it's no wonder she may think that her worth as the artist Hamasaki Ayumi lies on the stage. Maybe that's the real tragedy here.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 22nd May 2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:31 PM
Voyage Initiate

I do think she should consider retiring from performing after the 20th Anniversary tour but I doubt that will happen. (I do think she's in denial) At the same time, even before we heard the news of her health issues, I could never imagine her giving up touring anyway.

Good luck Ayu!
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:08 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

I don't know what to say - a few days ago I really thought about the possibilty of Ayu loosing her complete ability to hear and now it seems to become reality ....Maybe it was clear from the beginning but I think no one really thought that it would really happen.

But now my heart is broken :-( I really bow to ayu for being so strong and passionate. But on the other hand I really can't understand her completely. Because I think, that for everyone on this world it is the most important thing to be healthy and have a happy private life; being surrounded with friends you completely love and who understands you the most.
I can't imagine that Ayu doesn't care for this and just sees implementation in performing for her dear and caring fans. I think that in such a case you should break down ,make a big break and try to recover.

But in Ayus case I just think it is completely different - why can't she hear to her own lyrics in TODAY and enjoy every day of our mortal life and try to be as happy as possible? Or maybe it is perfoming which makes Ayu as happy as possible...

Oh my dear Ayu - please just do whatever your heart tells you. Hopefully it tells you to recover.

I will always love you - whatever you are doing :'-(

But I really don't want to see you breaking down on stage because you are completely deaf - that would be my scariest nightmare :'-(
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:25 PM
TO BE Initiate

It's easy to sit and judge when you know only limited amount of information and very far from everything, and that's just the number one bad trait in Ayu fans. Stop thinking like you do. We don't know how much avex for example played a part in all this, and how much Ayu's passion or pressure and fear of disappointing her fans. In reality we don't know anything at all.

When we could be empathic and show support, we criticize and judge her. I honestly feel really bad for Ayu for having such fans.
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:47 PM
still alone Initiate

I think Ayu's love and passion for her music, fans, artistry, and performing are something to be praised and admired. I would say she is straight up inspirational in many ways. But I do agree that her decision to just let her hearing get destroyed is irrational. But that is only if there is even a way to stop it from happening. Maybe she will be deaf no matter what and so she decides to do what she can while she still has the ability too.
It's okay to agree or disagree with her decision. But the comments about Ayu having kids and coming from a broken family and needing attention is a bit odd.
I think everyone has made some good points here, no one is wrong or right. Just two different perspectives.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:20 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Whenever she says she can't live without music, I feel she's saying she can't live without being on stage. We all know that she went deaf on her left ear because she didn't take the advice from her doctor and kept performing with a tinnitus. A tinnitus is something that goes away with enough rest, which she didn't take. Her doctor most likely also told her years ago that this would happen with her right ear if she doesn't slow down. I don't know, this really is tragic, but I don't think she's loving music, just the attention. If she would really love music, she would have slowed down, would have had less tours and fewer dates and instead focused on becoming a better musician and songwriter.
I feel very sorry for her because you really have to be desperate when you need the attention that much, but her decision is irresponsible and as an adult there comes the day you have to make decisions that are hard but have to be made.
Call me a horrible fan all you want, but I agree with everything said here. She likes the attention. I live for computers and developping games. I love putting stories out there, from my heart to a computer screen. So, if I had a condition that would get worse if I didn't slow down, I'd rather have less of development than no development at all. Mangakas do it all the time, they slow down instead of stopping.

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Old 23rd May 2017, 12:54 AM
starting over Initiate

I wonder if ayu is surrounded by the right people. In light and shadow when ayu got hurt and went to the hospital. Her staff just kept asking her "can you run" After 'instead of worrying about her and her condition.
Old 23rd May 2017, 05:09 AM
BEST Initiate

Oh my.

I remember when she first revealed that she had gone deaf in one ear, there was a lot of blowback that she was faking it all. It will probably happen again.

I admire her passion, but I hope she takes care of herself.
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:53 AM
Initiate

I can't help but wonder why ayu still insist to continue performing, even if that means losing her hearing. I mean why wouldn't you care about your own body or should I say your own future. Living as a deaf person for the rest of your life must be suck. I'm sure her fans wouldn't mind if she take a quick break to recover her ears.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:45 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think the diagnosis was that it's pretty much not going to be something she can recover from.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:51 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

For some reason some people read "I'm going deaf" and understood "my hearing will be magically recovered by unicorns if I took a hiatus".

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 23rd May 2017, 10:03 AM
Naturally Initiate

Good god! Some of the comments here are inhuman, yes I'm talking about you UHPlus . Guys just remember her childhood and who she was before music, her passion, confidence and self-worth all came from music! You only see Ayu as a beautiful lady with huge net worth, and that's we all aspire to be pretty and rich so we can enjoy life. That is not the case with her. Its more than fame and money for Ayu, she has it all since her peak, and she's not selling as she used to and that doesnt matter to her, because seeing a huge happy crowd who came all the way to see her means everything to her, so dont talk like you know whats best for Ayu!

And still we dont know if the hiatus would actually help, Ayu knows best and I'm supporting everything that makes her happy!

. . . . . . .

Last.fm
Tumblr

Last edited by Twinkle !; 23rd May 2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:05 AM
As if.. Initiate

I'm guessing people around Ayu encourage her to keep working hard and pushing herself.

I mean, Japan has a culture of overworking. People literally work themselves to death. They're encouraged to work overtime, to not take days off, not go on vacation, to go the extra mile for the job.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi
- https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-heart-failure
- http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/07/why-j...s-ringing.html

Quote:
Hundreds of deaths related to overwork – from strokes, heart attacks and suicide – are reported every year in Japan, along with a host of serious health problems – symptoms, critics say, of the demands placed on workers who routinely work long hours and take short holidays.

According to the paper, 22.7% of companies polled between December 2015 and January 2016 said some of their employees logged more than 80 hours of overtime each month – the official threshold at which the prospect of death from work becomes serious.
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:23 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
For some reason some people read "I'm going deaf" and understood "my hearing will be magically recovered by unicorns if I took a hiatus".
At least it won't getting any worse, which would happen if she continue to perform
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:19 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-fan View Post
At least it won't getting any worse, which would happen if she continue to perform
Now how do you know that? Did you had some tea with Ayu yesterday and she told that herself? Do you have any access to her medical records? Are you her doctor?

I don't know you, but I will guess a "no".

We have no idea of what is actually happening to her, we only know she is getting deaf. There's no evidence that stopping her career would make it better, or make it worsen slower, nor that it would actually give her hearing longer time. We don't know anything about that. Maybe almost 20 years ago it could have helped her and now it can't anymore. And even complaining about that is stupid because it's not like she could take a time machine and review decisions she made about her health when she was younger.

Saying she should do this or that when we don't even know what her condition really is, there's no point in doing that.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 23rd May 2017, 12:19 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-fan View Post
We don't know that for sure. That is just an assumption. Let Ayu make this decision for herself, because she's the only one who has all the results from her doctor.

Tags
team ayu, teamayu