[BTS] The 1st Thread - Welcome, first time with BTS? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 20th July 2017, 04:23 AM
BEST Initiate

[BTS] The 1st Thread - Welcome, first time with BTS?

BTS

BTS, also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan (방탄소년단), Bulletproof Boy Scouts, or Beyond The Scene, is a seven-member South Korean boy band formed by Big Hit Entertainment. BTS debuted on June 13th, 2013. Wikipedia

Members

RM

Name: Kim Namjoon
Birthday: September 12th, 1994
Position: Leader, Main Rapper

Jin

Name: Kim Seokjin
Birthday: December 4th, 1992
Position: Vocalist, Visual

Suga

Name: Min Yoongi
Birthday: March 9th, 1993
Position: Lead Rapper

J-Hope

Name: Jung Hoseok
Birthday: February 18th, 1994
Position: Lead Rapper, Main Dancer

Jimin

Name: Park Jimin
Birthday: October 13th, 1995
Position: Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer

V

Name: Kim Taehyung
Birthday: December 30th, 1995
Position: Vocalist

Jungkook

Name: Jeon Jungkook
Birthday: September 1st, 1997
Positon: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Maknae

Discography
Spoiler:
Albums

Korean
[2013.06.12] 2 Cool 4 Skool
[2013.09.11] O!RUL8,2?
[2014.02.12] Skool Luv Affair
[2014.05.14] Skool Luv Affair Special Addition
[2014.08.19] Dark & Wild
[2015.04.29] The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1
[2015.11.30] The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2
[2016.05.02] The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever
[2016.10.10] Wings
[2017.02.13] You Never Walk Alone
[2017.09.18] Love Yourself: Her

Japanese
[2014.12.24] Wake Up
[2016.09.07] Youth

Singles

Korean
No More Dream
We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2
N.O
Attack on Bangtan (진격의 방탄)
Boy In Luv (상남자)
Just One Day (하루만)
Miss Right
Danger
War of Hormone(호르몬전쟁)
I Need U
Dope (쩔어)
Run
Epilogue: Young Forever
Fire
Save Me
Blood Sweat & Tears (피 땀 눈물)
Spring Day (봄날)
Not Today
DNA

Japanese
No More Dream
Boy In Luv
Danger
For You
Run
Chi, Ase, Namida (血、汗、涙)

MVs
Spoiler:
MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)

DNA

Not Today

Spring Day

Blood Sweat & Tears

Save ME

EPILOGUE: Young Forever

FIRE

Run

I NEED U

War of Hormone

Danger

Just One Day

Boy In Luv

N.O

We Are Bulletproof Pt.2

No More Dream

Official Twitter
Official Facebook
Official Instagram
Official Site
Wikipedia

Last edited by susiowong; 25th March 2018 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Updates
Old 20th July 2017, 04:42 AM
BEST Initiate

I just wanna start off this thread by saying this cover has been my jam for the past two weeks:

Also that I'm not prepared at all for the impending mixtape by J-Hope to drop. I feel like it's going to be any day now.
Old 20th July 2017, 08:23 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Yaaay thank you for making the thread! i love bts a lot. Started listening to them last year in January and fell in love with them so fast it's scary... I think I love them as much as ayu now

I'm sooo excited for Hobi's mixtape...

I've been listening to this on repeat for the past few days.
Old 21st July 2017, 01:18 AM
BEST Initiate

^ what made you stan BTS in the first place? Like what was it that made you fall into the rabbit hole? A certain MV, bangtan bomb...?

Also I still think Jin's initial note in the festa version of So Far Away is the most beautiful thing my ears have ever been blessed with.
Old 21st July 2017, 10:01 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I laughed so hard at 'the rabbit hole' bc Jungkook XD

I'd been hearing about BTS for quite a while, but didn't care about them because I was an oldschool kpop elitist lol My friend was a low-key bts anti, she kept telling me they were overrated (she never listened to their music...). Some of my twitter friends mentioned bts every once in a while. Then, one of my tumblr mutuals started reblogging A LOT of BTS posts. And when they released the Run MV everyone was crying on my twitter TL and Tumblr dashboard.

So, in January last year I finally snapped and decided to check them out because I was curious what all the fuss was about, so I asked on of those twitter friends to recommend me some songs and was planning to listen to them later because I was studying for the exams. Coincidentally, that friend of mine (the one who used to be a bts anti) also decided to start listening to them on the same day so she pretty much forced me to watch the Dope MV and then the I Need U MV. I'd say it was the INU MV that really dragged me into the fandom lol That, in combination with my friend also falling in love with them and forcing me to watch their videos

I wish I gave them a chance earlier tbh they're such sweethearts...

How about you?
Old 22nd July 2017, 01:29 PM
Voyage Initiate

I'm not really familiar with BTS but I did watch a couple of their PVs recently. Song-wise I really enjoy Not Today!
Old 22nd July 2017, 05:07 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
I'm not really familiar with BTS but I did watch a couple of their PVs recently. Song-wise I really enjoy Not Today!
You might like FIRE, too, I think it has a similar vibe ^^
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:37 PM
BEST Initiate

^ I second that about Fire. Not Today is almost like the spiritual successor of Fire; they're very similar in musical vibe and message.

The literal bun named Jungkook makes almost everyone fall into the rabbit hole it seems

Before BTS, I was a very casual K-pop listener. I was a fan of G-Dragon and mostly listened to BIGBANG. Then one day, I was watching BIGBANG's Loser on YouTube, and I found Danger on the sidebar. I rarely click on suggestions, but this time I did it on a whim. Needless to say, I fell in love with the song and listened on repeat for a couple of weeks. Then I binge watched Dope, We are Bulletproof Pt.2, Boy in Luv, I Need U, No More Dream...

Another week later, I decided to dig deeper and watch American Hustle Life and bangtan bombs. Then they released on stage: prologue, and then Run, and that finally sealed the deal. I fell into the rabbit hole and haven't come back

Nobody except my mom, sister, and boyfriend know about my BTS "fever," and none of my friends or coworkers are aware that my "vacation" earlier this year consisted of me flying down to Anaheim to see BTS lmao. But there's something different about this group that keeps me invested unlike any other. (Seriously, the last time I fell this deep for a group or band was like 5 years ago.)

I really hope they keep the traction they have going for them and continue to expand into the world's mindset. It's interesting seeing their growth and how my favorites are being perceived by western media and the influx of newer fans. I'm both nervous and excited for the next year. Will 2018 be their year too I wonder? I really hope so.

Last edited by susiowong; 22nd July 2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:46 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I hope so, too! I really want to see them grow even more, they deserve all the love imo. I became a fan when they were already getting pretty popular, but it's so funny how I told some of my friends (they also like kpop) that I liked BTS last spring and all of them were like "Huh? Who are they? Never heard of them" and then during the WINGS era suddenly they all knew haha

I myself never stanned any kpop artist as much as I stan BTS. Actually, even in general I've only ever stanned Ayu to such an extent. I used to really like BIGBANG and JYJ, but I wasn't really that invested into them and always felt very awkward when I called myself their fan.
Old 22nd July 2017, 09:16 PM
BEST Initiate

^ That's literally me with BIGBANG though. I like them but I never felt right calling myself a VIP because I didn't feel like I stanned them hard enough? Tbh I've never stanned anybody in Kpop this hard. Only ayu and Dir en grey have ever compared. And actually, I used to be very put off from Kpop due to its manufactured nature (even though I know it's a silly reason, since almost everything in media is manufactured).

Despite their status as an idol group, BTS gives me an authentic vibe - whether it's just a very effective part of their marketing strategy or true authenticity, I can't know for sure. But I'm more willing to bet on the latter due to Suga and Rap Monster's underground cred and lyrical/song writing input in every single album. Every member contributes to the success of their group, and isn't just a show pony, if you know what I mean? Whether it's lyrics, choreography, etc. they've all grown and contributed significantly to their work. I actually feel like we have Bang PD to thank for that a bit. (He's the true 8th member.)

Plus, the fact they've come so far even though they're from such a small company makes me want to root harder for them. BTS's story like a real life drama. I just want to see them succeed in the end.
Old 23rd July 2017, 10:38 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Yeah, to be honest I didn't even like all BIGBANG members and most of their music... And I never followed their news so actively lol

I agree, one of the reasons I love them so much is because they seem so genuine. It may sound silly, but they remind me of Ayu in some aspects

What's your faourite BTS song btw?
Old 31st July 2017, 10:13 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
You might like FIRE, too, I think it has a similar vibe ^^
Thanks for recommending Fire!

I think I should buy a couple of their songs from iTunes - maybe whatever their latest is? Or maybe I should wait for their next mini album/comeback.
Old 1st August 2017, 07:16 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Thanks for recommending Fire!

I think I should buy a couple of their songs from iTunes - maybe whatever their latest is? Or maybe I should wait for their next mini album/comeback.
No problem!

Their next comeback is apparently sometime in September (it hasn't been 100% confirmed though), so you could wait until then I guess.

Their latest album was You Never Walk Alone. The promotion songs used for that era were Spring Day and Not Today, but Spring Day is very different, so I'm not sure if it's going to match your music taste. It does have an MV though, so you could check that out before buying ^^ I personally really like it because it's quite melancholic. It's my favourite song of theirs actually.

You Never Walk Alone is a repackage of their WINGS album, which was promoted by Blood Sweat & Tears.

So yeah, if you're interested in just singles, those three are the latest ones (though technically it's two, since you already know Not Today). If you want to buy a full album, I'd recommend You Never Walk Alone since it contains all songs from WINGS (except "Interlude : Wings" turned into "Outro : Wings", which is an extended version) + three more songs.
Old 10th August 2017, 11:28 PM
BEST Initiate

It's almost time for their comeback!

Love Yourself (Jungkook edition)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXnhWSdFs64/
Old 10th August 2017, 11:35 PM
BEST Initiate

YEAH SO. I'M STILL KIND OF FREAKING OUT. THE COMEBACK IS FINALLY HERE (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
What's your faourite BTS song btw?
oh god, I love so many songs. Ugh...

I'll have to go with Danger. It was my first BTS song and I played it nonstop for two weeks. It brings me so many memories, I can't help but be most fond of it (and still listen to it at least once a week).

hbu?
Old 11th August 2017, 01:47 AM
Curtain call Initiate

I'm so surprised there was no BTS thread before O.O

The first time that I really listened to their music was last year when I saw them in KCON NY, they blew me away!!!
I heard their I NEED U song back in 2015 and I was really impressed, they're the only K-Pop boy band that I listen to.
Old 11th August 2017, 02:19 AM
Don't look back Initiate

They have the most amazing team to make all their concepts for them and their new comeback concept seems to have been planned from even 2 years ago
Old 11th August 2017, 09:47 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiowong View Post
It's almost time for their comeback!

Love Yourself (Jungkook edition)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXnhWSdFs64/
I am so excited!! Apparently it's going to be a new "series", like the school trilogy and HYYH etc. I'll involve a drama for each member. I am excited for all members to show their acting skills I am scared for yoongi though

According to this, however, this will be a continuation of the HYYH story? But I'm assuming it's just a misunderstanding and they just meant that it'll be a whole series instead of the story just being used for their upcoming comeback, similarly to HYYH.

Also, the whole Smeraldo thing. Bighit is on another level as usual So many theories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiowong View Post
hbu?
Mine is probably Spring Day I NEED U is a close 2nd. But I like so many songs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
I'm so surprised there was no BTS thread before O.O
Ikr, I've been meaning to create a thread since last year, but I was scared every time haha Thank you @susiowong for finally creating it ^^

I'm really glad to see other people responding here, too hehe
Old 15th August 2017, 02:01 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Ikr, I've been meaning to create a thread since last year, but I was scared every time haha Thank you @susiowong for finally creating it ^^
You're welcome! This place was in desperate need of a BTS thread.
Old 15th August 2017, 02:33 AM
BEST Initiate

More photos dropped for Love Yourself:

This note was also posted yesterday!

Translation:
Quote:
Seokjin
13 June YEAR 22

After returning from that sea, we were all alone.

We did not keep in touch as if we had planned not to. We merely assumed our existence by the graffiti left on the street, the brightly lit petrol station, and the piano sound from the old building. This was when the afterimage of that night came alive like vision. Taehyung's eyes looked as if they breathe fire, the way their eyes watched me as if they had heard something unbelievable, Namjoon's hand that tried to stop Taehyung, and I who couldn't suppress and threw a punch at Taehyung.

Failing to find Taehyung who ran out, I returned to the dorm near the beach and no one was there. Only broken glass cup, blood stains which began to dry up, cookie crumbs brought me back to what had happened a few hours ago. There was a photo lying in the midst of this. In the photo, we stood together smiling while we posed with the sea as our background.

Even today, I just walked past the front of the petrol station. The day when we meet again will come. Someday we will smile together just like the photo. The day when I have the courage to face myself entirely will come. However, right now, this very moment is not the right time. Even today, the damp wind blows like that day. And the next moment, the mobile phone rang like a warning. The photos I hung on the room mirror began to shake. I see Hoseok's name on the screen.

"Hyung, Jungkook had a car accident that night."

http://www.peachisodaworld.com/2017/...s-seokjin.html

Last edited by susiowong; 15th August 2017 at 02:39 AM.

Tags
bangtan, bangtan boys, bangtan sonyeondan, bts