Party Queen album thoughts II - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 24th March 2012, 03:22 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Party Queen album thoughts II

I don't have any thoughts on this album; maybe I'm just not interested...

...but if you would like to talk about the album more, here's another thread. The first thread (here) is already too full, 500+ posts.
Old 24th March 2012, 07:16 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Does anyone get HANABI vibes from the opening of Return Road and the composition. Both songs' opening have the same melodic progression and that pre-chorus part...where she sings slightly faster and the key is raised halfway during that...it's existant in both songs!

well..no surprise since DAI is involved in both but...just something i felt...
Old 24th March 2012, 07:23 AM
count down Initiate

I'm really glad I didn't get bashed for my strong opinions in the previous thread

anyway, the next LOVE & Eyes, Smoke, Magic are.. actually getting nicer to me. I'm more into them xD

my friend asked me why are her PVs this time round (i didn't show him NaNaNa and Shake It cos yeah...) so full of black.

then i was like.. hmm that's true. "black" is a really common theme in her PVs this time round. even the other 2 dance PVs were predorminatly "black"... without much color in them. seems like it represents her "color" right now eh

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 24th March 2012, 07:35 AM
SCAR Initiate

the next LOVE has grown on me. Still hate Eyes, Smoke, Magic.

After a week the album hasn't changed much for me. The starting three songs are okay, from taskebab to tell me why is fantastic, and after that point its a mixed bag. Not consistent enough to make it near my top 5 ayu albums. Not even close.
Old 24th March 2012, 07:37 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Decided that I'll be using 'the next LOVE' as the dance for my final dance in class. Still like it that much.
Old 24th March 2012, 07:48 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

tbh, i am surprised i liked this album. i didnt have the urge to skip any tracks.

perhaps i am a fan of club-type of music. So i like Party Queen, NaNaNa and Shake It. probably NaNaNa has too much of Timmy. a pity.

The mid section is also good for me even though all sounded pretty sad. Return Road was definitely the highlight. I can feel it in Tell me why.

I also liked ayu's venture into Jazz. i am sure these 2 songs will be performed "Sexy little things" style in her concert.

Finally, i liked how the album end with a song that is of totally different genre from the first song.

In general, i like this album other than the covers. -.-
Old 24th March 2012, 08:05 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I wanted to dislike this album at first. The title, the covers, the song titles all instantly turned me off. And yet, this is Ayu. So I've grown to appreciate the image and made the interpretations I could to like it. Whether she is a "lonely queen" or a "party queen", she deserves to be happy. She'll always be the same Ayu I've always loved. So I support this effort 100% now.

I liked how versatile the album was. However, while there weren't too many extremely "weak" songs, I'm not sure there were epic songs either. NaNaNa and Shake It will hardly stand the test of time, I doubt I'll be playing them a year from now, but who knows. Luckily, reminds me, Return Road, and the next LOVE were all superb and fantastic. Those are on repeat and my personal favorites on the album. The title track, Party Queen, I actually enjoyed a lot too! Tell Me Why was the other great song on the album. The rest of the songs were okay, not great, but not horrible.

This album takes awhile to digest since it is very unique, but after it is fully digested, I think you can start to appreciate it. I definitely am glad I bought it and appreciate how all the tracks aren't copies of each other. I really wonder what is in store for her in the future, too.
Old 24th March 2012, 08:50 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Letter has grown on me. I thought it was kind of bland at first, but I like it now. Mostly thanks to the lyrics lol. Only Eyes, Smoke, Magic and call don't really click with me.

All in all, I really the album <3 She really stepped up with her lyrics again imo.
Old 24th March 2012, 09:57 AM
independent Initiate

So I just watched NaNaNa PV 'cause I'm tired of waiting for my box to arrive... I was really expecting something terrible, after all this talk 'bout Timmy's rap being so horrible and completely intolerable. OMG ppl r U serious? He fits there so good, I'd even say his voice sounds hot there. I didn't even know it was him. This song is ****ing awesome. this is my IMO it is not absolute or anything.

It is really sad that ppl r givin him so much hate, though yes in Return Road his was kinda out of place. Anyway I will definitely try to give him more support via twitter.

Can't say anything about album itself as I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive (plz be here nxt week).

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 24th March 2012, 10:13 AM
Trauma Initiate

I think I'm glad that AYU's trying something new on this album. Eventually out the way of Love songs album, haha!!
I have to say I really love the two broadway style songs, the next LOVE and ESM, I don't really listen to jazz a lot, but this two songs just hit my ears and I have to say this two are the best that I love.
Return Road is also good, the emotion in this song is strong, especially with the opera-like style , AYU's really good in singing with chorus, which I think she's the only singer in Japan now can do this good job.
Others like call and Letter are good, the lyrics is sad, reminds me is good as well.
NaNaNa and Shake it are not bad, besides the PV of this two LOL.

Anyhow, I put over 5 stars on this album.

lady ayu
Old 24th March 2012, 10:13 AM
No way to say Initiate

To be honest, I actually feel quite disappointed ... because I really liked the album, I loved almost all songs, but then the release date came closer and no promotion (on tv) happened, I felt so much disappointed! it almost hurts me to see how low her sales are... and you know, I feel quite angry. I can't understand why doesn't she make a tv-live, at least one, why did she do those upcoming "interviews" so late? why? why doesn't she act like the new album release is something special. like she doesn't care about it? like it's just another album released, nothing to be excited for...

why the promotion sucked so much? it was obvious that those PQ cars in Shibuya won't help promotion that much... and those magazines where she appeared are only for girls...

I hope you guys understand me

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 24th March 2012, 10:37 AM
too late Initiate

The lack of promotion is really depressing. I feel as though Ayu and Avex have been quite complacent with EVERYTHING especially promotion.
Old 24th March 2012, 12:24 PM
Trauma Initiate

I think the promotion problems are something to do with AVEX, they should be blamed.

lady ayu
Old 24th March 2012, 03:15 PM
Don't look back Initiate

If they promoted it better, I think Japanese would eat up songs like call and Letter. They are very radio-playable imo. Maybe even Tell me why. The album really stands a good chance at connecting with the general audience I feel. She's given got club-ish/disco/party tracks in the start, totally playable and remixable in clubs.
Old 24th March 2012, 03:37 PM
SURREAL Initiate

The only songs I play are NaNaNa, Party Queen, reminds me and Return Road.

When I listen to NaNaNa I always smile awkwardly out of nowhere because I find it so funny how BAD Timmy sounds LOL. Happened yesterday at the subway. :/
Old 24th March 2012, 03:47 PM
no more words Initiate

I thought the album was pretty good at first listen (except for Party Queen which is just horrendous imo), best album since GUILTY I'd say.

But after a few listens I have no desire to listen to the album anymore... :l except for maybe reminds me... The songs sound pretty forgettable to me, I don't even remember what most of the songs sound like
Old 24th March 2012, 03:58 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
no offense to anyone, but constantly throwing the "read the damn lyrics and u will understand sad/lonely party queen" is losing its power.
I'm gonna be firm at believing that 'sad lonely queen' was just a promotional stunt
Old 24th March 2012, 04:18 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I wonder what will be in like 10 or maybe 15 years? Will anyone remember songs like "NaNaNa" or "Party Queen"? I think everyone will remember "SURREAL", "AUDIENCE", "evolution", "JEWEL", "Days" etc. But "Party Queen" as a whole will be forgotten, I am so sure xD

OK, the fans who buy everything and listen to everything of Ayu might not forget "Party Queen" though, I admit.
Old 24th March 2012, 04:21 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I still prefer NEXT LEVEL. I like those songs much more :curtain call >>>>> HBYA
Old 24th March 2012, 05:41 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Shake It♥ is becoming my favorite on the album now. can't stop listening.
i guess i'm just going to go through a lot of favorites over time since this album is full of so many amazing songs lol