appears PV? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 8th November 2008, 06:48 PM
xLitax

appears PV?

I watched the PV for appears again recently, I can't find how it relates to the lyrics. Does it? Or is there really no relation to the song? So I basically want to know the concept of the PV. Thanks.
Old 8th November 2008, 08:00 PM
TO BE Initiate

Well.....im not that sure...but she does change her look ("appears in a new look) - thats all i can think of??

ayu = love <3
Set by Bonbon0507

Old 8th November 2008, 08:18 PM
Replace Initiate

Honestly, there's really not much of a plot to the video. The only part with any meaning is when it starts to snow and she's all by herself in the middle of the fast-moving city. That part relates to the lyrics somewhat. But the walking down the street in the clothes, the scenes on the roof, none of that is relevant, it's just cool looking.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:06 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

honestly..i think her early period pv's ain't that good..it wasn't until duty album that her pv's starting to be good

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 9th November 2008, 10:45 PM
Replace Initiate

"For My Dear..." was pretty good, and "WHATEVER" which predates "appears" was absolutely stellar. "Fly high" wasn't bad either now that I think of it, but not incredible. They're mostly misses up until the trilogy PV, though.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:01 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

The concept is ayu walking around NYC looking hot. And honestly that's good enough for me.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:32 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

^I agree. Who cares what it represented? If it makes her look gorgeous, then it did it's job!
Old 10th November 2008, 01:19 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
"For My Dear..." was pretty good, and "WHATEVER" which predates "appears" was absolutely stellar. "Fly high" wasn't bad either now that I think of it, but not incredible. They're mostly misses up until the trilogy PV, though.
I think Ayu hasn't really formulated what she want and her image during the first album..which is normal for an artist..it wasn't until Duty that she actually knows what she want and had a clear direction

Old 10th November 2008, 06:40 AM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikaricore View Post
^I agree. Who cares what it represented? If it makes her look gorgeous, then it did it's job!
I personally REALLY vehemently disagree with this statement. This is my personal opinion and I'll try to put it across as objectively as I can.

There's more to life than just looking hot, and Ayu's greatest talent has always been getting messages across. When she wants to, she comes across as very intelligent and capable. When she focuses only on looking good, she comes across as shallow and self-absorbed.

Ayu is more than a statue or painting to look at, she's a person with thoughts, feelings, and talent enough to put them into beautiful words & images. She's an artist and a poet as much as she is a fashion plate, perhaps even more so.

I like watching her videos and seeing poetry, not whatever dress is hot this season.
Old 10th November 2008, 08:57 PM
xLitax

^ I agree. That's why in some of her best PVs, she doesn't look gorgeous and glamorous, but the PV is meaningful. Like WHATEVER, HANABI ~episode II~. In Endless sorrow, she's only at the end. And that is one of my favorite PVs.

That's what I dislike about western PVs. There really is no story. It's just the singer and back-ups looking "hot".
Old 15th November 2008, 08:15 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

^ i agree as well

that's why ayu has been holdin strong for 10 years in jpop scene..it's not easy..if u just rely on a pretty face, new faces come in every year...and trends changes every year..it just makes you go out of business fast