[Koda Kumi] The 178th thread - Summer of Love 2015 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th July 2015, 02:50 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

As much as I am loving the new songs for SoL, I was listening to some random songs today and I realised I kinda miss some strong-bass rnb tunes from Kuu, like Heat and one. btw I am hoping for a performance of one at a-nation, I will never get enough of this song

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 20th July 2015, 03:19 AM
rainy day Initiate

I know it's against Japanese concert ethics to sing along but everyone in the ground theatre were pretty much singing along to a lot of the songs. Especially the ballads. It's really nice.
Old 20th July 2015, 03:31 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

AsiaOne -- Koda Kumi: I never thought I was sexy

Quote:
Even the hottest female stars have their moments of insecurity.

Take that from Japanese singer Koda Kumi, 32, best known as J-pop's flamboyant sex goddess.

The industry veteran might boast a curvaceous body and long, shapely legs, but she brushed away this reporter's suggestion that she is an ageless bombshell at her press conference yesterday evening.

Through a translator, she said: "I have never really thought of myself as sexy."

"Actually, I have low self-esteem and there are some parts of myself that I am not confident about at all. "I use clothes and fashion to cover up my (insecurities) and boost my confidence."

This is rather shocking to hear, coming from the same girl who once wore coconut shells over her chest. On another occasion, thin tape-like gold satin straps were draped over her breasts.

Rocking a funky purple hairdo, Koda, who has a three-year-old son, is in town for her first solo Singapore concert.

This is also Koda's 15th year in the music business.

Although she did not elaborate on the reasons behind her lack of self-esteem, it is not the first time Koda has shared her anxiety regarding her physical appearance.

Back in 2007, when she was interviewed by the Japanese media at a women's razor brand promotional event, she said she needed a lot of courage to put on light make-up.

Some media took her remark as her alluding to a fear of her bare face.

INNER BEAUTY

Best known for her groovy dance numbers Juicy (2006), Taboo (2008) and Loaded (2014, a duet with Jamaican rapper Sean Paul), Koda added that with age, she has become more focused on inner beauty.

She said: "Rather than having guys view me as a sex symbol, I'd rather be seen by fellow females as a cool, independent and strong artist."

Her latest song, Ex Tape, released last week, puts her female-empowering side on display.

The music video shows the singer and her gal friends relaxing, laughing and dancing over cocktails - and not a single man is in sight.

Koda, who last visited Singapore in 2011 to receive the Hottest Asian Artist accolade at the 13th Mnet Asian Music Awards, grinned when quizzed about what took her so long - 15 years - to finally hold a solo concert here.

"I was here in Singapore for the first time four years ago and I immediately fell in love with this city," she said.

"In fact, I did make plans to return the following year for a gig, but well, those plans had to be held back as I got pregnant.

"Singapore is beautiful, it has a gorgeous night view. The food is delicious too. In 2011, I performed for only eight minutes on stage, but the feeling was so good that the eight minutes felt like forever. I am happy to be back."
http://women.asiaone.com/women/peopl...ght-i-was-sexy

===

Kuu has a great memory in that she even remembered how long she performed 4 years ago at Mnet Asian Music Awards . For me I can't remember what happened last week *sheepishly but I digress

And Jia Rong , that's the best feeling when you attend a concert with other fans . There's nothing better than singing all of Kuu's songs from start til finish which I did so last Saturday night xD

Where I stood during the concert , I was surrounded by quite a lot of casual Kuu listeners . I think they looked surprised when they saw me singing the lyrics to every single song during the entire concert hahaha

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 20th July 2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 20th July 2015, 05:10 AM

From avex Singapore's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/avex.singap...39768006205978

Kuu sang HURRICANE in the 4th photo

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 20th July 2015, 07:07 AM
count down Initiate

I WAS THERE TOO WITH 2 OF MY FRIENDS

I think she's REALLY REALLY surprised that so many of us were so happy to see her. I think she never expected her fanbase to expand out of Japan to all over the world, and you can really feel it from her that she's so grateful and happy to be performing and that makes everyone happy too

fyi it was my friend's phone that rang... she's too sweet the entire concert felt like a dream I'm still shaking tbh

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 20th July 2015, 08:28 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Kloop is adorable to me, if I wasn't a guy in a boring-ass country I'd buy that backpack immediately lol

tumblr

Old 20th July 2015, 10:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
From avex Singapore's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/avex.singap...39768006205978

Kuu sang HURRICANE in the 4th photo
omg these pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing

Old 20th July 2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
I WAS THERE TOO WITH 2 OF MY FRIENDS

I think she's REALLY REALLY surprised that so many of us were so happy to see her. I think she never expected her fanbase to expand out of Japan to all over the world, and you can really feel it from her that she's so grateful and happy to be performing and that makes everyone happy too

fyi it was my friend's phone that rang... she's too sweet the entire concert felt like a dream I'm still shaking tbh
Oh it was your friend's handphone that rang , ahahaha bless him Jun Xiang xD

Based on my experience , it seems that almost all if not most JPop/JRock artistes that come to perform in Singapore , they are always genuinely surprised they actually have fans here

Let alone even if English is not their 1st language , they still are able to speak Japanese to the audience who're able to understand (if not tried their best to interpret)

I hope after this 1st Asian tour of Kuu , it will mean that she will consider to perform outside of Japan more often , not just in Taiwan and Singapore

Last edited by KarenPang; 20th July 2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 20th July 2015, 10:38 AM
Replace Initiate

I don't like her outfits this concert
Old 20th July 2015, 10:42 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

awesome pics thanks

yes I agree with you Karen, I'm surprised she didnt go to Vietnam this time, since she did a mini concert there back in 2011 and it was awesome, I think ppl loved her!

after some years its still the best fancam out there, she's so cute when looking at the camera haha :3

IG | YT | PR

Old 20th July 2015, 11:03 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Maybe if she holds a Hall Tour next year, she'll extend it beyond Japan. She already took BV Tour for Taiwan, and given how pleased and happy she was at Singapore, I feel she'll at least try to reach overseas again

Old 20th July 2015, 11:35 AM

I feel that non Japanese fans are always excited & enthusiastic everytime a JPop/JRock artiste perform overseas , especially for fans who live very far away from Japan

Like from where I live , it's about a 9 hours plane ride if I were to go see a concert in Japan . Even the behaviour of non Japanese fans is different from Japanese fans too

Well it's better late than never for Kuu to decide to expand her options to perform/tour outside of Japan . I hope the positive reaction & energy she received from her recent 1st Asian tour , she will be inspired to do this in the near future

Old 20th July 2015, 12:40 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

As I already said, chances to go overseas with a smaller downscaled tour are the highest with Kuu from all the solo JPop acts imo, as she loves small venues and already did.
I really hope she might get the motivation to do it now after successful Taiwan and Singapore (and BV Tour in Taiwan last year as well).

Btw. I love those pics from avex Singapore! <3
And I really want a rip of the new songs from Summer of Love!
It takes so long this time!

Just noticed I didn't include her Summer schedule in the first post after doing it in the last thread, lol.
Updated now.

Next are:
26th July - Tokai Summit Festival
29th July - FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri TV show

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 20th July 2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 20th July 2015, 12:43 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

mu-mo has shipped my SoL copy yeeeeeeey

Old 20th July 2015, 02:11 PM

POPCulture Online - Koda Kumi Asia Live 2015 Singapore Concert

The “Queen of Live” Koda Kumi held her first ever solo concert here in Singapore as part of her Asia Live 2015 tour at *Scape The Ground Theatre. Ever since she first performed here as part of 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards, Kumi has wanted to come back to perform but never had the chance till now. At a packed *Scape The Ground Theatre, Kenneth Wong and Ken Koh reports.

Throughout the 19 song set with 7 more songs on encore, Koda Kumi reminded everyone why she is dubbed the Queen of Live with her high energy performance and vocal prowess. No easy feat considering all the high octane dance moves plus the fan interaction that made the night an intimate one for the crowd of mostly working professionals and tertiary students who have probably followed her through her 15 years in the music industry.

While we didn’t get to see all the elaborate stage setup that accompanied Kumi in her Japan concerts, we did get a large digital screen that screened short clips of her various concerts in-between songs. The 6 costume change was also a nice treat and good enough for fans as they continued to cheer their acknowledgement to Kumi throughout the concert. Through these videos, it was a nice walk down memory lane for fans as we watch a younger Koda Kumi grow into a mature stage veteran still full of energy and that sexy side that she hopes to transform into a strong, independent one.

Yet that playful sexy side of Koda Kumi was still present as she started off the night with hits such as POP DIVA, House Party and Poppin’love cocktail (feat. TEEDA) with her team of skilled dancers. Dressed in a two piece colourful neon swim suit with a oversized coat (which came off later to the delight of fans), Kumi thrilled the crowd with moves that reminded of her sexier and more provocative style in her early 2003 years.

But it was the slower ballads where her vocals prowess really shone as one could feel all that emotions through the voice even at the back of the packed *Scape The Ground Theatre. In a gorgeous full length gown, Koda Kumi performed Ai no Uta and WALK OF MY LIFE with grace that maturity in the industry brings.

As a special treat, a very fortunate fan was selected to come on stage where Kumi personally handed her a book to select any song of hers. Throughout this whole segment, the sincerity was so evident that it could only come from one who really appreciates her fans and the support given over the years. Of course the female fan who was seated next to Kumi was clearly overwhelmed and probably a night she would never forget.

Returning to stage in a more edgy punk rocker inspired outfits, Koda Kumi swung the atmosphere back into an upbeat one with songs such as TABOO and the highly popular real Emotion which was the theme song for Square Enix’s Final Fantasy X-2. Of course this meant that for this long-time fan of Japanese role playing games, one major item on the bucket list has been crossed out.

The highlight of the night was towards the end of the concert where Kumi shared what reaching her 15th year in the industry meant to her. Kumi explained that even though it sounds like a really long time, it feels like she is suddenly welcoming a turning point without actually realising it. Kumi continued to share about the main theme of her tour which is also the title of her album “WALK OF MY LIFE”. That throughout her career, she has made many decisions, had many discouragements and spent so much time caring about what other thought, she ended up spending a good amount of time brooding over what is right or wrong and what she should have done. In the end, she shared that to be the Koda Kumi that she is today was because she held fast to the principle that it is not about what others think but how one chosen to live.

"It’s not what people think of you, but how you choose to live your life. Believe in yourself."

Ending off her sharing, Kumi shared how she hopes that she is an artist that makes song that her fans will feel proud to follow and that at the end, everyone will take hold of their own lives and have their own “WALK OF YOUR LIFE”.

Closing the night, Kumi struggled to hold her tears back as she sang a very heartfelt song from her debut album affection titled walk. A fitting closure of one night that majority if not all of us at the concert will remember for a long time.

Thank you Koda Kumi for not only a performance to remember, but also that encouragement to continue “walking our lives”.

http://www.popcultureonline.net/koda...apore-concert/

Love the extensive writeup & pictures that POPCulture Online wrote/took/uploaded

In addition , they uploaded a whopping 45 pictures via their Facebook from Saturday night concert -> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7789329&type=3

===

I couldn't see myself in the pictures but the hand holding the blue coloured light stick in the audience way out in the front , that's probably me if not my younger sister lmao

Last edited by KarenPang; 20th July 2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 20th July 2015, 03:20 PM
fairyland Initiate

Seems like everyone was really pleased with Kuu's performance, despite its small size. Great to hear

Old 20th July 2015, 03:22 PM
rainy day Initiate

The photos for the Singapore leg are so much better than the ones from the Taiwan shows
Old 20th July 2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
The photos for the Singapore leg are so much better than the ones from the Taiwan shows
LOL , this I have to agree

When my younger sister & I were way out in the front like yourself + Travis , I saw various photographers taking photos of Kuu . Not so sure what camera model they used , probably a DSLR camera ?

Either way , no complaints though . The more photos of Kuu the merrier

Old 21st July 2015, 12:22 AM
MY STORY Initiate

The amount of Kuu photos here makes me feel nostalgic from the times when she was really popular and everywhere all the time. Those were great times.

Anywaym thanks for the articles and pics. She totally rocked the stage like the real Queen of Live that she is. I hope people with doubts of this issue will now shut it and accept the truth.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 21st July 2015, 12:29 AM
Initiate

Thanks for the photos and reports, you guys!

@maze
: that performance was soooo good! We don't even need a good edited footage, that fancam gives me life!

Where the hell is the rip of Summer of Love? haha It's taking so long this time...

--

Some information about NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barks
UTA, a creator who has worked with the DOUBLE & Namie Amuro collaboration, as well as JUJU’s “PLAYBACK” and AI’s “Happiness”, worked on this song. “NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU” is a R&B ballad that carries the Kumi Koda standard that will be heard for decades to come.

“When I heard the melody, I imagined singing it in the breeze. I wanted to use word from nature like wind, cloud, and sun. I didn’t want to force it, so I tried to sing as naturally and gently as I could. It was difficult because It was new territory for me, but I think it came out well.” –Kumi Koda

Last edited by kaled kalil; 21st July 2015 at 02:08 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
a-nation '15, koda kumi, koddess, kxvk, queen of live, summer of love, walk of my life