[Koda Kumi] The 195th Thread - ANⱭDNA - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 10th August 2018, 09:14 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Full photos from the official scentnation site (mobile):

Some nice Japanese fans uploaded the full Sukkiri part with Kuu on social media.
The hair is in fact based on the two main colours of Sukkiri. The studio has those colours when nobody performs.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th August 2018, 09:21 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
She just performed WATCH OUT.

Here it is the performance, sorry for the quality I did what I could to record. haha

The song is a mess... I don't like it at all!
I don't understand why she sang this one instead of Haircut!
Old 10th August 2018, 09:43 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I'm not a fan of WATCH OUT either but CHANCES ALL is promising

Wallpaper size fabric softener promo images that I managed to get from http://special.scentnations.com/softener/

Spoiler:

Going to save these images in my hard disks

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 10th August 2018, 10:12 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Off-shots from Instagram:

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th August 2018, 01:17 PM
Initiate

I'm obsessed with this picture! So cute and sweet. This whole photoshoot is a win for me, love it ♥

I've always been curious about her fragrances, but basically all the reviews I saw tells that is either very sweet or very "old lady"-ish, is it true (for those who have tried them)? Not that I would use them, just curiosity. Maybe Eternaluxe is better? Idk.

And I have to say, I'm still surprised in how successful this perfum line is!
Old 10th August 2018, 01:34 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Really beautiful photoshooting, even if it's very simple. Great to see her fragance line getting more and more additions

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 10th August 2018, 02:04 PM
Depend on you Initiate

These pcis are really great!

A Music video with Kuu moving in slow motion with simple outfits like that would be great. Like in IN THE AIR vibe...

It's not so expensive to make an beautiful MV, so why these last videos have been so bad?

We can put in trash almost all videos from W FACE and the same with chances all...
Old 10th August 2018, 02:16 PM
As if.. Initiate

If she had pulled a Hamasaki and given you no PVs at all, I'm curious as to what would be the reaction then LOL.

Always good to see Kumi on television. I guess I'm odd, but I enjoy Watch Out more than Haircut. I'm pretty satisfied with the promotion thus far. A solid anime tie in, nice Shibuya promo and some television. I can't really complain. It's nice to see Rhythm Zone still standing firmly behind their First Lady.
Old 10th August 2018, 02:25 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I don't like the song and would have prefered a different song to perform, but it helped pushing the album on amazon.jp.
Plus some Japanese fans already made a catch phrase out of it - ワォチャー.
Same reason Japanese loved Lollipop - to most of you guys her Japanese pronounciation of the full English chorus was horrendous, for the Japanese it was fun.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th August 2018, 02:33 PM
As if.. Initiate

^ Lollipop is still a bop haha. I remember when Gossip Candy leaked and was so excited. It's strange to see how much the industry has changed in 8 years.

It's nice that the appearance helped boost the album on Amazon. I don't really keep up with that as much, but I'm not surprised. Comments on Twitter were mostly positive. A lot of people appreciate her dancing and energy.
Old 10th August 2018, 03:23 PM
Don't look back Initiate

WATCH OUT is one of the most embarassing things Ive seen and heard LOL..I dont even know where to start with abt it..its just NOISY and NONSENSICAL.

and wtf that CHANCES ALL PV...its hella budget. like just because they invested SO MUCH in HAIRCUT, she just had to milk all of it into another PV? omg
Old 10th August 2018, 04:02 PM
Initiate

Why are people so offended by CHANCES ALL? lol It's a little random video that clearly was a bonus/after thought, since it wasn't even in the tracklist originally... You can go back and stan Ayu with no video at all for a 5 tracks album.

Last edited by kaled kalil; 10th August 2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10th August 2018, 04:06 PM

Yeah and the fact that CHANCES ALL wasn't supposed to get a PV & for it to get it at the last minute , that's not a good thing ?

I thought it was nice to see all the numerous outfits/looks Kuu had in CHANCES ALL PV although the editing at some parts was a bit odd to me

For WATCH OUT , I'm not a fan of how it sounds like but the PV looks real colourful . At least it doesn't look cheap to me

Also I feel that the PVs that Kuu made in recent years , some of them at least I still watch them numerous times

Wish I can say the same thing for Ayu -_-

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 10th August 2018, 04:19 PM
As if.. Initiate

Given the climate for soloists in Japan and the current state of the industry there, I'm grateful that Koda still has firm support from Rhythm Zone. Avex is not doing well, that is a reality. The fact that they are still willing to invest in Koda, and do right by her is something we should be grateful for.

Let me be clear. I and others aren't saying you can't have honest critique or debate, but at the same time have some awareness of the alternative. If she gave you nothing, many of you would be trying to surround the avex building with pitchforks demanding answers.

I'm just happy that she's trying and still making the effort to give us something. No shade, but at least we're not being taken for granted.
Old 10th August 2018, 04:34 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatkuu&ayu View Post
Given the climate for soloists in Japan and the current state of the industry there, I'm grateful that Koda still has firm support from Rhythm Zone. Avex is not doing well, that is a reality. The fact that they are still willing to invest in Koda, and do right by her is something we should be grateful for.

Let me be clear. I and others aren't saying you can't have honest critique or debate, but at the same time have some awareness of the alternative. If she gave you nothing, many of you would be trying to surround the avex building with pitchforks demanding answers.

I'm just happy that she's trying and still making the effort to give us something. No shade, but at least we're not being taken for granted.
Agreed. Plus, HAIRCUT and PARTY have good PVs in my opinion.

To be honest I also feel the same with Ayu's new album. It may only be 5 tracks with no PVs, but I'm happy that we got anything from a woman who said she was basically starting to go completely deaf at the beginning of the year. I worry more about her health than getting a full album.
Old 10th August 2018, 04:41 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Kuu is performing three songs from DNA at Abema TV's bpm music show:
HUSH, Kokoro kara I love u and CHANCES ALL.

https://abema.tv/channels/abema-spec...source=twitter
A performance for HUSH, I can't wait!
Old 10th August 2018, 04:46 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu_Love View Post
Agreed. Plus, HAIRCUT and PARTY have good PVs in my opinion.

To be honest I also feel the same with Ayu's new album. It may only be 5 tracks with no PVs, but I'm happy that we got anything from a woman who said she was basically starting to go completely deaf at the beginning of the year. I worry more about her health than getting a full album.
I agree with the comments on Ayumi. I give her a little side eye for no PVs, but I'm not going to shade her over this release.

With her health issues and everything else, I get it. Trouble was probably the best she could do, given her situation.
Old 10th August 2018, 05:14 PM

It's ok to criticise and not to like every single thing Kuu put out but when people's choice of words used are insensitive if not hurtful , then that's a different matter

The music scene in Japan now is very different as compared to a decade ago . Male and female solo acts can't sell physical releases in Japan but the very lucky few are still able to sell out concerts which's now their main source of income , aside from selling their music digitally + concert goods

Anyway to stop myself from writing a long essay , I respect Kuu cos she work hard to get to where she's at now . I thought for her to release 2 albums last year was wild & for her to do it again this year , it's even woah

I don't like everything from both W FACE albums and also AND . I think that will apply to DNA as well but at least Kuu tried her best

Also on a side note , based on the DVD/Blu-ray tracklist , the DNA album track PVs should be watched in this sequence ?

WATCH OUT!! ~DNA~ -> HAIRCUT -> CHANCES ALL

Old 10th August 2018, 05:22 PM
As if.. Initiate

^ That's how I would watch them, since being seen in that order forms a complete visual narrative.

I also like how despite being filmed a year prior, that HUSH fits in with the other PVs in terms of the vibe (energetic and vibrant colors).
Old 10th August 2018, 05:27 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Also on a side note , based on the DVD/Blu-ray tracklist , the DNA album track PVs should be watched in this sequence ?

WATCH OUT!! ~DNA~ -> HAIRCUT -> CHANCES ALL
I think because of that, that Gustavopc might be right with his idea of WATCH OUT!! and HAIRCUT forming a loop in full.

The goods for the album were revealed:

The cups coming with the FC edition (with box):

The postcards you get when you bought AND and DNA with one mu-mo ID till July 26th:

The postcard for the CD shops like amazon.jp:

And if you buy DNA at a-nation, you'll get a clearfile:

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 10th August 2018 at 05:59 PM.

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live