[News] CDTV reveals cover for 'M(A)DE IN JAPAN' - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th June 2016, 07:49 AM
rainy day Initiate

The thing with the rope is it looks like they just took it out of its wrapper lol. Like there no dirt or anything on it, and it doesn't look like she's struggled at all. So the setup is just a bit unbelievable.
Old 5th June 2016, 08:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
The thing with the rope is it looks like they just took it out of its wrapper lol. Like there no dirt or anything on it, and it doesn't look like she's struggled at all. So the setup is just a bit unbelievable.
I think if she wanted to equate it to technology and how this current world sickened her, she'd have used old wires or something to wrap around her hands.

However, this is pretty much her first conceptual cover in a while after years and years of beauty shots (plus Party Queen) so I'm happy with the idea regardless.
Old 5th June 2016, 10:51 AM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think if she wanted to equate it to technology and how this current world sickened her, she'd have used old wires or something to wrap around her hands.

However, this is pretty much her first conceptual cover in a while after years and years of beauty shots (plus Party Queen) so I'm happy with the idea regardless.
that would have been a good idea!
however, I'm glad that there is at least a tiny bit of concept in this picture and not just *another* plain photo of her face. I stopped expecting visual concepts from ayu a looong time ago; I'll take whatever I can get.

Last edited by sitara; 5th June 2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 5th June 2016, 08:44 AM
rainy day Initiate

Yeah I see no fight in her eyes. To me she has a very numb expression. Like she has given up/given in, and she has become numb to the pain and the reality.
Old 5th June 2016, 02:20 PM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
it is indeed quite half-assed, unfortunately
Old 5th June 2016, 04:14 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Loving the cover & concept, but the text is reaaaaally bothering me. It looks exactly like a watermark! Hoping for a second version with the text elsewhere, or an official textless cover pic that I can use.

I think her look is fierce and angry.
I'm not getting fish lips or emotionless AT ALL.

Quote:
Or, you know, they just didn't go for the cliché dirty roughed up tied up look. Believability is a useless argument. Covers aren't necessarily meant to be believable at all. Do you think the MY STORY cover she falls out of bed like that in the morning?

Is the original pic a 1:1 ratio? That's odd. Usually CD version is 1:1 and CD+DVD is slightly wider than tall, right?

Looking at her cover history, this is my favorite since RnR Circus.
Love songs and FIVE are also good but the former is a bit too much ponytail and the latter is a shameless copy of True Blue.
LOVE again is pretty but it says nothing about the album content. (the album is quite good if you can look past the midi-sample sound) I have no idea what the connection between the cover and album is, or what her message or theme or point is.
Colours is nice but the shape of her arm always bothers me a bit..lol

Last edited by Yoake; 6th June 2016 at 04:17 PM. Reason: double post
Old 5th June 2016, 04:57 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
It's an album cover? Why would they shoot for autheticity?
Old 5th June 2016, 07:50 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
It's used as symbol. You'd like to see the rope in dirt but what with her clean dress, clean face and make-up on?

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, cover, m(a)de in japan, made in japan