News on London PVs - "Microphone" & "Sexy little things" - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 11th March 2010, 05:48 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
03. Startin'
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Kazuhiro Hara
arrangement: CMJK

ayu: We did the recording for this song in New York, but the sound in the studio was so good it was so easy to sing. There are a lot of people who have an image of "Startin'" being from dancing with the dancers during a tour or a-nation, but it was originally made to be a band-only song. I've done rock songs like "GAME" or "is this LOVE?", but this is the first time I've challenged myself with a vocal style like "Startin'"! While I was singing, I felt "You can sing like this too". What really brought out that new vocal style was doing the recording in the New York studio with such good sound and nice atmosphere.

mister kaz: The PV, too, has a strong, new CG feel like never before, doesn't it?

ayu: Yeah it does. I've known Director Ishii (Ishii-chan), who did "Startin'", since around high school, but even though I knew he was a director, we had never worked together. I was a little at odds as to how he would go about it (wry laugh). And even after knowing eachother so well from long ago, because it's work, you can't just go with it the way you normally would.

mister kaz: And like, your relationship in that case is that of artist-director!

ayu: Right. So that made it kind of... too... humble? So I guess it was a little awkward; it felt like a relative had come to work.

mister kaz: What sort of person is Director Ishii to you?

ayu: He gets it without me having to say it. So it was really easy to do, and I have confidence that we were able to make something really good. It was almost entirely CG, so there was a lot of performing in front of a green screen (to combine the images), but I felt like because it was Ishii-chan, we could do it! Because he believes in it, we could do it!
Here's the source, thanks to evolusean [who has left us, but I think he moved on...] for the translation.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th March 2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:56 AM
Depend on you Initiate

guys xD you're amazing xD I never have those kind of thigs safe... I just save photos/lyrics and videos xD
Old 12th March 2010, 09:36 PM
YOU Initiate

ooooooooooooo
i can't wait for see this news PV's
an listen the songs!!!!!
waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 13th March 2010, 08:23 AM
Don't look back Initiate

I wonder if we'll get to see a new PV before the Music Station live..
(o dear, I better keep my word in the other thread and exercise my restrain from any released material after covers+tracklist)
Old 7th April 2010, 11:35 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu_no_tenshi View Post
okay...so i'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but i just came across some very interesting information. the two PVs that were shot in London are "Microphone" and "Sexy little things". i found this info on a page for actor Emmanuel Akintunde. apparently, he appeared in both the PVs, as they are listed in his work and both PVs were directed by Muto Masashi.

SOURCE
Ayumi's PV drummer's fan page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emmanu...9338603?ref=ts
Old 30th June 2010, 12:03 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Hi everyone!

I just found out and saw Ayu's PV drummer in the new Jerry Bruckhemier film, Prince of Perssia. He was seen alongside Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arteton, the stars of the film.

His fan page below:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emmanu...06935349338603

We should get him to do something in Hong Kong.... in anyway. His IMDB page also says he is a professional drummer!!

Tags
ayumi, emmanuel akintunde, london, masashi muto, microphone, pvs, sexy little things