COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ Live Broadcast - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th December 2010, 03:55 PM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
You will be able to purchase the tickets through having a USTREAM account in like... a day. Just wait a bit~
but can i can't get my TA discount through ustream...i'm fine with paying 2600yen, but not 3150yen. it's a bit expensive, i just wanna show my support and appreaction to ayu's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
Why not? Should be able to purchase it, because mu-mo asks for nothing but your name and e-mail address when buying the ticket. I think we just don't log-in to mu-mo, so they won't detect the tenso address. Just buy it as if we aren't members.

But the TA thing is dumb. All members should have access to the discounted price, overseas or not.
hmm. that's an idea. i'll try now to see if it works.

My Instagram

Old 26th December 2010, 03:55 PM
No way to say Initiate

How many people have signed up for it? I swear some of you would defend and rationalize with Ayu and Avex if Ayu pick pocketed your wallet, grabbed all the cash and cards in it and threw it back in your face.
Old 26th December 2010, 04:34 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
I don't know why people keep throwing around "I'm gonna just get it for free" when that's what they would have done regardless of whether CDL was free-to-watch or not online.
I agree with this part =) And really, everyone who though it would be for free is very naive...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th December 2010, 04:39 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

To be honest, I was never really that big on the USTREAM thing (read: I never cared if she did it or not since I usually get the DVD anyway) but people really seemed to push it on Ayu and Max. The frustrating thing is that the same people who wanted this got it, but it wasn't exactly what they wanted (free), so they're complaining about it and would rather it have never happened. Just what kind of message is that supposed to send?

I doubt many overseas fans who requested this will be paying for it because they'll be off downloading it for free, but I do hope that a lot of Japanese fans who were unable to get tickets can see the concert.

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th December 2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 26th December 2010, 04:44 PM
July 1st Initiate

I didn't care for it at first too. But now that she has made it possible, I am really tempted to buy it. CDLs are always awesome.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 26th December 2010, 04:54 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
To be honest, I was never really that big on the USTREAM thing (read: I never cared if she did it or not since I usually get the DVD anyway) but people really seemed to push it on Ayu and Max. The frustrating thing is that the same people who wanted this got it, but it wasn't exactly what they wanted (free), so they're complaining about it and would rather it have never happened. Just what kind of message is that supposed to send?

I doubt many overseas fans who requested this will be paying for it because they'll be off downloading it for free, but I do hope that a lot of Japanese fans who were unable to get tickets can see the concert.
Well, I'm pretty sure she made it to see how was it going to be more than expecting a huge success...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th December 2010, 05:03 PM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
I didn't care for it at first too. But now that she has made it possible, I am really tempted to buy it. CDLs are always awesome.
buy it then. i just bought my ticket through TA shop.

My Instagram

Old 26th December 2010, 05:54 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
Lol but the thing is I'll be on a family holiday then. Not in the country, no computers too. By the time I get back, I can probably catch the very last replay. So if I buy a ticket, it's really just for support only, since I doubt I can watch it.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 26th December 2010, 06:05 PM
As if.. Initiate

I dunno what to do, 30 euros for an encoreless live ... if it was minus 1000 yens I would buy a ticket without thinking twice but there, I still don't know what to do. I didn't buy the last CDL so I don't even think in "DVD to be released" term, more : is it really worthy ?
Old 26th December 2010, 08:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
How were you able to buy it through TA?

ayu tumblr last.fm personal tumblr

Last edited by indyplus; 26th December 2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 26th December 2010, 08:46 PM
Daybreak Initiate

@TrueHappiness: I agree completely with you, that's exactly what their logic is. I just think €30 / 40$ is a ridiculously high amount of money for something like a stream that isn't even live. I hate to say this but Hikki did it for free and 100% live. And that was a very exclusive concert fans probably paid a lot for as well (to actually be there).

But I know this isn't about Hikki and Ayu. This is about EMI and Avex, and at this point I really hate the person at Avex who thought "hey let's charge em over 3000 yen for a non-live incomplete stream lolz". Or the person at the pay-channel who made Avex do it or who ever.

Just to make it absolutely clear: I don't blame Ayu anything and her intentions are the best. Hope I'm safe now lol.
Old 26th December 2010, 08:48 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

If this doesn't do well then Avex might say to Ayu don't listen to the international fans. I can understand not getting the tickets because I'm not. I hope this goes well.

Last edited by Amrai-chan; 26th December 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 26th December 2010, 08:52 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
How many people have signed up for it? I swear some of you would defend and rationalize with Ayu and Avex if Ayu pick pocketed your wallet, grabbed all the cash and cards in it and threw it back in your face.
I know Avex likes to milk fans, I'm not denying that, but expecting to get a service for free is a little ridiculous. People act like they charged them the price of the actual concert tickets when really it's not that bad of a deal. And yes, throwing the "pay $40? I'm just going to rip it for free" is a very ungrateful IF you're one of the people who requested the service. Ayu has proven throughout the entire year that she acknowledges and cares about her foreign fans but there is only so much she can do for us. And if people are going to be ungrateful about everything she's tried to do and is continuing to do, what gives her the incentive to do anything for us in the future? Seriously, some of her fans are so spoiled, selfish and disgusting! I didn't ask for the live stream nor did I plan on purchasing it but I might just do it anyway to support her efforts to make it available to fans abroad.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:08 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Seriously, some of her fans are so spoiled, selfish and disgusting!
Calm down.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:10 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
Calm down.
I am calm, dear. But it's true, I'm sorry.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:20 PM
As if.. Initiate

I still don't know if I buy a ticket but my biggest problem is : lowspeed or highspeed ? My internet is having so much trouble lately -_- they are surely playing with the network for a change =o=
But yeah, I wouldn't like to buy a highspeed ticket and realize that they work on the network or dunno what and low my inet speed ! But if I buy a lowspeed ticket and realize that I regret ... urgh I'm complicated !

I didn't think it would be free, it's Avex, it's a bit stupid to think it would be free !
Now, I paid much more for Emilie Autumn's book this summer, then this is damn cheaper, even if I'm obviously aware that it not that cheap in a way and some can't pay, but I don't smoke nor spend my money in clubbing and outrageaous drink, so ...

What I fear is Avex calling for Ayu and tell her that her overseas fans ask for this and this but in the end they didn't give a damn.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:25 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayusan View Post
What I fear is Avex calling for Ayu and tell her that her overseas fans ask for this and this but in the end they didn't give a damn.
My whole point exactly. I hope it doesn't come to that...
Old 26th December 2010, 09:27 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

They have a demo video up so that you can test if your connection speed is fast enough.

http://avexnet.or.jp/ayu/cdl2010-2011/mumo/1m.html - 1Mbps
http://avexnet.or.jp/ayu/cdl2010-2011/mumo/500k.html - 500kbps

Test them out!

Quote:
I hate to say this but Hikki did it for free and 100% live. And that was a very exclusive concert fans probably paid a lot for as well (to actually be there).
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Yes, she did it for free, but she is going on a hiatus and it seemed like they wanted to have as many people as possible seeing the concert no matter what. They had people at the venues, they had the online streaming, they had the concert live during cinema screenings for the concert... and it was all planned rather early in advance. IMO, I think we could have gotten a truly live broadcast of some sort if this hadn't been something that they were scrambling to do after people thought it was a good idea after seeing Utada's example, but with the time they had... I'm surprised they pulled it together.

However, I do think they're going to be using the TV version's footage which would explain the pricing.

If they had no deal with the satellite TV broadcaster like she has had for the last 10 years, we probably wouldn't have this pricing thing going on. (see Utada's concert only popping up months afterward on TV)

I imagine they probably thought... "Maybe we can do this for free?" but then they had to worry about customers who had always paid for the TV broadcast of CDL. I don't know about you, but most of the time when things like concerts appear on TV that are paid for, they are not also broadcast for free somewhere else online. I'm not sure about it, but most Ayu broadcasts that are non-WOWOW might be Pay-Per-View (not confirmed, but I think it might be so...) and people who watch it on TV have to pay money for it. That's how PPV works, but people eventually find ways to illegally get the footage and download the material anyway. Is it fair for those who have paid to see CDL to have a load of people watching it for free online just because Utada did it a few weeks ago?

About the incomplete nature of the concert... perhaps they have no idea how long the encore will end up running for, so they chose not to include it in the viewing? I mean sometimes it goes over in the TV version as well. I remember for PCDL, no one saw the latter part of the encore until much later when they were able to rebroadcast it. Showing the encore might also include editing the footage down which they don't really have time to do in a matter of hours. (Will people sit through the A-a-a-a-a-a-ayu segments and the talk sections?)

Anyway, is it just me or is NO ONE who wanted to have Ayu do the USTREAM thing actually paying for a ticket? Ugh.

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th December 2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:37 PM
And Then Initiate

Hm...the 1mbps won't play properly and the 500kbps looks like crap. I'd pay $40 for the 1mbps but not the 500kbps, so...sigh.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:40 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I am calm, dear. But it's true, I'm sorry.
No one is "disgusting" for having an opinion imho. Of course it's a different thing to say "OMG I hate Ayu she's evil and she doesn't care about us!" or something like that. But all I said is that I think Avex made the stream expensive, and I even added I absolutely don't blame Ayu for it and her intentions were right.

Unless you weren't even talking about me when you said that, in which case I apologize

@TrueHappiness: You're spot-on about the pay TV. I think that's the entire reason. To make it fair towards the people who pay for that channel.

Tags
cdl10-11, countdown live 2010-2011, do it again, love songs, ustream