ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ setlists and pictures [V] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 26th October 2008, 01:18 PM
Melrose's Avatar
Melrose Melrose is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpao View Post
Oh dear... I must be abstinent to these videos until the DVD comes out! D: Well though I've already watched the MW performance BUT STILL xD
You're not gonna watch the broadcasted version? ^^
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 26th October 2008, 11:43 PM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I don't know about Marionette, but my name's WOMEN is definitely not lipsynched in the Shanghai clip, she sounds really out of breath and not too good.
I really suspected when I went to the concert that the entire section that includes don't leave me alone, my name's women, even Decision, and then Marrionette, may all have been lip synched. But the only ones I was sure of were Marionnette and Don't Leave Me Alone so I gave her the benefit of the doubt on the other songs. But now that we are getting videos with her sounding the same, combined with the fact that some of the songs surrounding my name's Women are lip synched, it would not surprise me at all if my name's women were too.

Funny how it took doing Asia tours for people to notice these things because in the past it seems that no one bootlegged her Japanese shows.

I would rather hear her true voice and true emotion even if it may sound bad, rather than have it be faked and still honestly not sound THAT great anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Seems to me like Ayu saves the stuff we used to see in her PVs for her concert interlude videos nowadays.

IMO that's good in a way.. kind of.
Yeah, I'm like ok, why aren't we getting this kind of quality in the PVs? Why was Wateru Takeishi only hired again to do Tour of Secret's videos and then why in the PVs are we still getting stuff like Takehide Ishii?

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 26th October 2008 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 27th October 2008, 01:04 AM
MissElin_'s Avatar
MissElin_ MissElin_ is offline
forgiveness Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Swedish girl living in Nagoya
Posts: 5,015
^That was a good last question you had there...
__________________

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 27th October 2008, 01:18 AM
Melrose's Avatar
Melrose Melrose is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I really suspected when I went to the concert that the entire section that includes don't leave me alone, my name's women, even Decision, and then Marrionette, may all have been lip synched. But the only ones I was sure of were Marionnette and Don't Leave Me Alone so I gave her the benefit of the doubt on the other songs. But now that we are getting videos with her sounding the same, combined with the fact that some of the songs surrounding my name's Women are lip synched, it would not surprise me at all if my name's women were too.

Funny how it took doing Asia tours for people to notice these things because in the past it seems that no one bootlegged her Japanese shows.

I would rather hear her true voice and true emotion even if it may sound bad, rather than have it be faked and still honestly not sound THAT great anyways.

Yeah, I'm like ok, why aren't we getting this kind of quality in the PVs? Why was Wateru Takeishi only hired again to do Tour of Secret's videos and then why in the PVs are we still getting stuff like Takehide Ishii?
Hmm, thank you! Someone who doesn't just shout out that the songs aren't lip synched without looking into it. : D decision could also be lip synched? Oh my. : / I didn't even look into that one. I'll be very depressed if it does turn out to be lip synched.. Especially because the live decision from CDL was SO awesome. I guess we'll find out when the JP version is broadcasted..

And yea, I agree, I'd rather hear her live voice, too. I really prefer live singing over choreography any day. Just scrap decision, my name's WOMEN, evolution, etc. choreography and leave the show to a few (max 1-2) concert climaxes which could have been (don't) Leave me alone and Marionette. But that's just my opinion. :3 I don't know how you feel about that..

Do you think she lip synched so much in the past too, though? I got the impression that before AT05 she hardly ever lip synched (0-1 per concert). And then gradually it started getting more up to the point of 4 songs in a row now with AT08 if decision is lip synched too. Very disappointed. Like, 4 songs in a ROW? That's pretty big.

But you know, maybe it's just different in Japan, and they prefer lip synching over meh-average vocals?

Quote:
Yeah, I'm like ok, why aren't we getting this kind of quality in the PVs? Why was Wateru Takeishi only hired again to do Tour of Secret's videos and then why in the PVs are we still getting stuff like Takehide Ishii?
Yea, seriously! X_X The prelude clips of some songs are better than the PVs imo.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 27th October 2008, 02:28 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
decision could also be lip synched? Oh my. : / I didn't even look into that one.
That one I'm really not that sure of. I hope it's not. But I'm assuming that it has a high possibility to be since all of the songs surrounding it seem to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
Do you think she lip synched so much in the past too, though? I got the impression that before AT05 she hardly ever lip synched (0-1 per concert). And then gradually it started getting more up to the point of 4 songs in a row now with AT08 if decision is lip synched too. Very disappointed. Like, 4 songs in a ROW? That's pretty big.
Well, back during Tour of Secret, Evan Chan, a Chinese singer, went to her show and said to the media that a lot of it was lip synced. Everyone practically killed the guy over making that comment, saying that Ayu would never lip synch. I personally can't really comment on tour of secret because I didn't go to that one. I've only seen the DVD and Avex is infamous for making the dvds sound better. I personally think that either Avex edited that DVD too much or she was lip synching 50% of the concert. So once again, since I wasn't there to experience it myself I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one and say that they just edited the sound for dvd a lot.

I saw both her tours in 2004 and 2005 multiple times. 2004 was totally live. 2005 was too except for alterna. (I mean come on she is hanging out of a ball with a bar across her stomach most of the time) I also was at CDL 06-07 and I don't really remember suspecting any lip synching then either. So it does seem to be that she has started to do it more and more often recently. I don't know how much it has to do with the ear, but it seems like the larger factor is that her performances are just becoming more and more choreographed. But then there is the infamous case of her lip synching Theme of a-nation at CDL 05/06 - I still can't think of any good explanation for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
But you know, maybe it's just different in Japan, and they prefer lip synching over meh-average vocals?
Actually no, artists rarely lip synch in Japan. It is starting to get more common, but still when compared to the west or China and Korea, Japan has very little lip synching. Even Johnny's boy bands are usually at the very least half live, if not completely live. I've never heard Namie lip synch, Morning Musume very rarely, never heard Koda lip synch except for using doubling(I don't count that as lip synching), the list of artists could go on and on. Typically on an episode of Music Station, if anybody lip synchs its almost always a western artist.

So no, I would say that Japan prefers average vocals to lip synching way more than any other country.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 27th October 2008 at 02:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 27th October 2008, 03:53 AM
Luther10's Avatar
Luther10 Luther10 is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 328
I'm so tired of these lip synch comments, always made by the same two posters. Please just stop, you've made your point...
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 27th October 2008, 04:11 AM
jbrat2219's Avatar
jbrat2219 jbrat2219 is offline
JEWEL Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post

I saw both her tours in 2004 and 2005 multiple times. 2004 was totally live. 2005 was too except for alterna. (I mean come on she is hanging out of a ball with a bar across her stomach most of the time) I also was at CDL 06-07 and I don't really remember suspecting any lip synching then either. So it does seem to be that she has started to do it more and more often recently. I don't know how much it has to do with the ear, but it seems like the larger factor is that her performances are just becoming more and more choreographed. But then there is the infamous case of her lip synching Theme of a-nation at CDL 05/06 - I still can't think of any good explanation for that one.
I'm not offering this as an excuse, this is a real question xD; hahaha

Do you think that maybe she's insecure about her singing ability lately? I mean as many have pointed out, it's recent, around the time of her hearing loss... I think that may be the case, but since I've never been to a concert and compare her TRUE singing voice to what might be suspected as lip synced... I don't know...
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 27th October 2008, 04:18 AM
JinHamasaki's Avatar
JinHamasaki JinHamasaki is offline
ever free Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,299
I was at ToS, and the live concert was great, but her voice was nothing compared to the DVD. Particulary, during some parts of 1LOVE she didn't sing loud enough, and in other parts she nearly broke our eardrums!!! But it was still a great performance. Secret wasn't as clear as it was on the DVD, too.

It also depends where you sit, since I was on the left side, I'm sure the acoustics of the area and even the arena aren't top-notch. If anything, I'm finding a lot of artists using really strong backing vocals nowadays, Ayu with her faster songs, most of Namie's new stuff, Koda's, Rihanna at MTV Awards, the list goes on...

And I'm kinda surprised everyone is noticing that Avex butchers the DVD....they've been doing that FOREVER for all their artists. Yes, Dome Tour, concert tour 2000, Namie's concerts, Koda's, etc etc....Remember the mic issues at Ayu's CDL 2002-2003 for WE WISH (her mic went OFF)...yeah well, Avex gave her perfect vocals.

They don't edit every imperfection out, though. I can't vouch for other record companies but I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same.

Last edited by JinHamasaki; 27th October 2008 at 04:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 27th October 2008, 04:35 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
I'm so tired of these lip synch comments, always made by the same two posters. Please just stop, you've made your point...
ummmm ok. So we shouldn't have any kind of discussion about Ayumi on an Ayumi message board then right? Nor should I answer someones questions about a topic if they ask it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
And I'm kinda surprised everyone is noticing that Avex butchers the DVD....they've been doing that FOREVER for all their artists. Yes, Dome Tour, concert tour 2000, Namie's concerts, Koda's, etc etc....Remember the mic issues at Ayu's CDL 2002-2003 for WE WISH (her mic went OFF)...yeah well, Avex gave her perfect vocals.

They don't edit every imperfection out, though. I can't vouch for other record companies but I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same.
Well, for Namie I haven't really noticed much of a difference or any difference really between her live show voice and what is released on DVD - I didn't think she used an excessive amount of doubling either. She really is just a very good live performer.

And yeah,CDL 02-03 I think is the first time that it became obvious to everyone how much Avex can tinker with their dvds. Her vocals were gone for pretty much all of We Wish and then the DVD comes out and magically that song has vocals now.

The only other artist whos dvds I think come close to the editing of Avex's are Gackt's dvds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Do you think that maybe she's insecure about her singing ability lately?
I think it's definitely a part of it. The only problem is it doesn't explain the lip synching from CDL05/06 in Theme of A-Nation - I wish I could find that video on youtube or something, but I can't seem to.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 27th October 2008 at 04:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 27th October 2008, 04:45 AM
JinHamasaki's Avatar
JinHamasaki JinHamasaki is offline
ever free Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Well, for Namie I haven't really noticed much of a difference or any difference really between her live show voice and what is released on DVD - I didn't think she used an excessive amount of doubling either. She really is just a very good live performer.

And yeah,CDL 02-03 I think is the first time that it became obvious to everyone how much Avex can tinker with their dvds. Her vocals were gone for pretty much all of We Wish and then the DVD comes out and magically that song has vocals now.

The only other artist whos dvds I think come close to the editing of Avex's are Gackt's dvds.
I think Namie's a good performer, too, but I definitely hear a lot of backing track especially on the choruses of her faster songs. I've never listened to gackt's DVDs...now I'm itching to .

anyways, I'm pretty excited about AT2008's tracklist, I just hope the DVD comes out quicker and NOT with the backstage stuff chopped into the middle of the concert >.>, and more overseas stuff
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 27th October 2008, 04:52 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
I think Namie's a good performer, too, but I definitely hear a lot of backing track especially on the choruses of her faster songs. I've never listened to gackt's DVDs...now I'm itching to .

anyways, I'm pretty excited about AT2008's tracklist, I just hope the DVD comes out quicker and NOT with the backstage stuff chopped into the middle of the concert >.>, and more overseas stuff
Yeah on the choruses of some of her songs, she definitely does, but usually that's it. Still no lip syncing though and considering the amount she moves on stage, it's very impressive.

I hope the DVD comes out quick too, but now that they announced they are broadcasting the show on tv, I've got no clue what they plan to do about the DVD.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 27th October 2008, 06:50 AM
Ayumi_lover's Avatar
Ayumi_lover Ayumi_lover is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I really suspected when I went to the concert that the entire section that includes don't leave me alone, my name's women, even Decision, and then Marrionette, may all have been lip synched. But the only ones I was sure of were Marionnette and Don't Leave Me Alone so I gave her the benefit of the doubt on the other songs. But now that we are getting videos with her sounding the same, combined with the fact that some of the songs surrounding my name's Women are lip synched, it would not surprise me at all if my name's women were too.

Funny how it took doing Asia tours for people to notice these things because in the past it seems that no one bootlegged her Japanese shows.

Well, i wasn't at show so i can't say for sure, but DLMA -> Marionette is a really big part of concert, and if we had reports from those who was at both HK shows saying that her voice was better in second day, i think they mentioned difference in her voice in this big part of concert too.
Also we have reports from japanese leg that show wasn't lypsynched. Anyway it's just a question - could you belive that she did it with so much choreography? In fact i can't hear many from her singing Marionette in HK show because crowd and music was too loud(( So i prefe thinkin that Ayu is live singer. Maybe if I would be there....
But for that reason... i don't see a problem why acapellas aren't lypsynched. That one from Shanghai concert sounded pretty similar to japanese one they just added background music and verse that we don't have from japanese concert.
This information about lypsynching isn't really confirmed, some saying that it was, some - that not. But belive me, i was at concert here in my country that was lypsynched. And you can easily see that it is lypsynching when somebody also doing a choreography with it. From all videos i saw Ayu sounded live to me(but i reallly want to see dlma which sounded live from Japanese news clip).
Just 1 thing that scares me is Ayu began to use her voice as a background, we heard this in A-Nation Greatful Days. Even if it was easy to hear where was Ayu and where was recording. When she uses recording of her voice in chorus for example instead of Peco and Princess, she would sound great, but everybody would say - c'mon, that was lypsynching!


PS What's wrong with Theme of A-nation on CDL05/06???

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 27th October 2008 at 06:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 27th October 2008, 07:09 AM
freedreamer's Avatar
freedreamer freedreamer is offline
Don't look back Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 18,060
Damn im slow...but MW IS WOW! very very gd...

whether or not Marionette, mnW and d-lma are lipped...i still have to applaud her for that performance in each wan...because they are truly gd..and well-done (esp Marionette...that puppet thing is really cool)..
But really, did she lip-synched all the way??? there's probably some LIVE backing track playing as well with her voice...

Dearest sounded really hard for her ...O.O
but yea...expected...still it sounded more powerful with her present vocals..

and the recording thru a fone is really bad anyway...we always get the wrong perception of the real feel...it made her voice more..harsh

Voyage was nice though hahaa

Fly High was great too! i like her new vocals for this song..the chorus was brilliant

and i already commented on d-lma somewhere else...it was very gd..

seriously the shanghai people practically recorded the whole thing o.o LOL

Last edited by freedreamer; 27th October 2008 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 27th October 2008, 07:17 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Ayumi Lover: It seems like you are trying to find any evidence or reason to point to her not lip syncing. (even saying that Greatful Days at A-nation was only doubling) Most fans, no matter what they hear in concert will report that she didn't lip sync simply because they want to believe that she didn't - I don't fault anyone for that because it is just human nature. Very few people can actually look at their favorite artist objectively when it comes to subjects such as this. I mean just look at hard core Britney Spears fans to this day that deny her lip syncing. But when you have video evidence of her sounding exactly the same on different dates, it's almost impossible to dispel.

The CDL 05/06 thing was during the live tv broadcast of the show, Ayumi was performing Theme of A-Nation. At a certain part, the camera was on her face and she pretty clearly mouths the wrong word, but a completely different sound came out. For the DVD release of the concert Avex used a different camera so that you can't see the mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 27th October 2008, 07:41 AM
Ayumi_lover's Avatar
Ayumi_lover Ayumi_lover is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Ayumi Lover: It seems like you are trying to find any evidence or reason to point to her not lip syncing. (even saying that Greatful Days at A-nation was only doubling) Most fans, no matter what they hear in concert will report that she didn't lip sync simply because they want to believe that she didn't - I don't fault anyone for that because it is just human nature. Very few people can actually look at their favorite artist objectively when it comes to subjects such as this. I mean just look at hard core Britney Spears fans to this day that deny her lip syncing. But when you have video evidence of her sounding exactly the same on different dates, it's almost impossible to dispel.

The CDL 05/06 thing was during the live tv broadcast of the show, Ayumi was performing Theme of A-Nation. At a certain part, the camera was on her face and she pretty clearly mouths the wrong word, but a completely different sound came out. For the DVD release of the concert Avex used a different camera so that you can't see the mistake.

Well, i don't mind if she lypsynched some songs. I also don't mind if TV perfomances are lypsynched, but i'm totally addicted to LIVE sound so if it is live concert it must be live. For that reason i don't realy like Avex's edited DVD's - they often doesn't looks live, i can give you many examples. but question isn't that.

Problem isn't in that i'm a fan that killing everybody who would say Ayu lypsynched. I think problem in you, maybe you tire from Ayu? or just won't to see her growing. I would show you example

Quote:
2005 was too except for alterna. (I mean come on she is hanging out of a ball with a bar across her stomach most of the time)
^your words in this thread

And on the other hands your words 2 years ago:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=26

Quote:
But she was obviously singing is this LOVE? and (m)U on the headset mic live, so when this DVD comes out and people start saying that she lip sanc alterna(many people probably will say that once they see it), I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say no, she didn't."
you changed your mind on this question because now you a revealing lyp synch in her new image. But she is just growing as for me. And well about alterna, it also was live as for me because in dvd I can see that her stomach was okay for all perfomance and when she was out of ball that was not stomach, but i don't know these word... mmm.. pelvis????
And yeah, i was fan of sime band which was live-only, but after they made a serie of fully lyp-synched shows i stopped to listen to them, but i still adore their live shows

PS don't mind answering to this if you won't

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 27th October 2008 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 27th October 2008, 08:42 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
Well, i don't mind if she lypsynched some songs. I also don't mind if TV perfomances are lypsynched, but i'm totally addicted to LIVE sound so if it is live concert it must be live. For that reason i don't realy like Avex's edited DVD's - they often doesn't looks live, i can give you many examples. but question isn't that.

Problem isn't in that i'm a fan that killing everybody who would say Ayu lypsynched. I think problem in you, maybe you tire from Ayu? or just won't to see her growing. I would show you example


^your words in this thread

And on the other hands your words 2 years ago:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=26



you changed your mind on this question because now you a revealing lyp synch in her new image. But she is just growing as for me. And well about alterna, it also was live as for me because in dvd I can see that her stomach was okay for all perfomance and when she was out of ball that was not stomach, but i don't know these word... mmm.. pelvis????
And yeah, i was fan of sime band which was live-only, but after they made a serie of fully lyp-synched shows i stopped to listen to them, but i still adore their live shows

PS don't mind answering to this if you won't
I think you are kind of twisting my words. If you go back and look at anyones post from two years ago, they are going to be at least a bit different than what they think today. All that's clear in that post is that miss Understood and is this Love? were live and that I at least had suspicions at the time that alterna was lip synched, but like most fans just didn't really want to believe it. All I really did was just validate what I was saying in the previous posts - when it's your favorite artists, fans just don't want to believe something that might be negative, myself included sometimes. But when I really look at it objectively, yes, it was most likely lip synched. That's all my years as a fan of Ayu have given me, I haven't become burned out on Ayu (I mean just look at my playlist below, lol), but I have been able to become more objective. I'm not burned out on Ayu or don't want to see her grow, as you put. (who would honestly say that they don't want Ayu to grow?) One of my main issues is that over the last year to two years is that she hasn't really grown; she's stagnant.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 27th October 2008, 08:53 AM
Ayumi_lover's Avatar
Ayumi_lover Ayumi_lover is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,043
oh well you saw this show once. and you changed your mind about it so many times... well you just don't mind that memory isn't 100% reliable thing in this case, so...
this interesting. also, for you, i'm not saying Ayu NEVER EVER yp synched. She did. But i prefer to think that not on live tours!
just because it is live, and if you're saying that she lypsynched it's same as she is cheating and not sincere.
And I think you're not right. She's growing. Copmpare AT06 and AT08!! She's really growing in choreography, shows, and i like her vocal even more nowdays
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 27th October 2008, 08:59 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
oh well you saw this show once. and you changed your mind about it so many times... well you just don't mind that memory isn't 100% reliable thing in this case, so...
this interesting. also, for you, i'm not saying Ayu NEVER EVER yp synched. She did. But i prefer to think that not on live tours!
just because it is live, and if you're saying that she lypsynched it's same as she is cheating and not sincere.
And I think you're not right. She's growing. Copmpare AT06 and AT08!! She's really growing in choreography, shows, and i like her vocal even more nowdays
Huh? You are kind of going all over the place now. It's hard to understand your train of thought actually and you seem to be getting mad now, over what I'm not quite sure. But just to clear a couple of basic things - I saw the show more than once. And I don't know how I changed my mind so many times? 2 years ago I said I suspected alterna was lip synched but was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, and now looking at how I thought back then more objectively I'm saying that it most likely was lip synched. I'm not sure what the problem is there?

And at no time have I ever said that she is cheating and not sincere. Once again, I can't really follow you.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 27th October 2008, 12:37 PM
Melrose's Avatar
Melrose Melrose is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,286
Don't feed the troll ok not troll..but useless argument..thing, sunshine. XD ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
That one I'm really not that sure of. I hope it's not. But I'm assuming that it has a high possibility to be since all of the songs surrounding it seem to be.
Ah, okay. I hope it's live. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Well, back during Tour of Secret, Evan Chan, a Chinese singer, went to her show and said to the media that a lot of it was lip synced. Everyone practically killed the guy over making that comment, saying that Ayu would never lip synch. I personally can't really comment on tour of secret because I didn't go to that one. I've only seen the DVD and Avex is infamous for making the dvds sound better. I personally think that either Avex edited that DVD too much or she was lip synching 50% of the concert. So once again, since I wasn't there to experience it myself I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one and say that they just edited the sound for dvd a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I saw both her tours in 2004 and 2005 multiple times. 2004 was totally live. 2005 was too except for alterna. (I mean come on she is hanging out of a ball with a bar across her stomach most of the time) I also was at CDL 06-07 and I don't really remember suspecting any lip synching then either. So it does seem to be that she has started to do it more and more often recently. I don't know how much it has to do with the ear, but it seems like the larger factor is that her performances are just becoming more and more choreographed. But then there is the infamous case of her lip synching Theme of a-nation at CDL 05/06 - I still can't think of any good explanation for that one.
Don't you mean 2006 w/ alterna, as 2006 was the (miss)understood tour? Which means that you meant 2005 the MY STORY tour was completely live? If so that would be very awesome. ^_^ And errr, Theme of a-nation was lip synched? LOL. o_O It's not -that- hard to sing. Maybe she's either perfectionist or avex wants her vocals to be perfect..? Hmm. And yea, CDL 06-07 was great. ^^ With the TV version you could so hear that even until that Day was live. And she sung is very good imo.

Nice to hear AT06 except alterna was live. I can understand why they did make alterna live lol. And Marionette, with all the weird moves. But theme of a-nation? LOL XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Actually no, artists rarely lip synch in Japan. It is starting to get more common, but still when compared to the west or China and Korea, Japan has very little lip synching. Even Johnny's boy bands are usually at the very least half live, if not completely live. I've never heard Namie lip synch, Morning Musume very rarely, never heard Koda lip synch except for using doubling(I don't count that as lip synching), the list of artists could go on and on. Typically on an episode of Music Station, if anybody lip synchs its almost always a western artist.

So no, I would say that Japan prefers average vocals to lip synching way more than any other country.
Ah, okay. Well that blows that theory out of the water. XD

Quote:
this interesting. also, for you, i'm not saying Ayu NEVER EVER yp synched. She did. But i prefer to think that not on live tours!
just because it is live, and if you're saying that she lypsynched it's same as she is cheating and not sincere.
I don't like it either, but in an interview she said she wanted to capture the audience of live tours with amazing visuals, and I suppose that difficult choreography is part of that. E.g. (don't) Leave me alone and 1 LOVE have pretty crazy choreography so I can imagine she'd sacrifice live vocals for the sake of that "capturing the audience". But quite honestly I've never been to a tour yet, so I don't know if I'd rather have show or live vocals.

^^ Which would you prefer sunshine?

Last edited by Melrose; 27th October 2008 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 27th October 2008, 01:02 PM
maikaru's Avatar
maikaru maikaru is offline
End of the World Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tachikawa
Posts: 1,486
I would never EVER say that she is a perfectionist about her voice, because then she would never have gone on tour in 2000.
omg the A Song for XX in that concert was so horrible... >_< actually, her whole voice. ahaha.

I just really don't get the point of her lip syncing.
We have all heard her at her worst moments..
And it doesn't fool anyone if she has a super good vocal for one song, then back to her normal singing the other rest of concert.

I'm not looking at it as "omg how unpure."
I'm saying.. there is just no point because, I mean take for example dearest.
That's a song I WISHED she lipsynced...
But she didn't.

If she is lipsyncing Marionette, she needs to find a new recording.
I thought Marionette vocals really sucked big time. -_-);
People keep saying "She sounds the same all the time for this this and this song."
Do you WANT her to sound different? I'm not sure...
But the songs from Guilty are not that hard to sing, especially Marionette.
So I think it's pretty easy for her to sound the same everytime she sings it.

don't leave me alone, whatever. I don't like that song, so she can lipsync it forever~ ahaha
I think she recorded herself so she can be on the spinny thingi, and have a good time?

I think at least she should update her lipsyncing tracks.
She sings better now than the beginning of her tour.

...

Except for Dearest. T_T)

Last edited by maikaru; 27th October 2008 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asia tour, asia tour 2008, ayumi hamasaki, concert tour, setlists

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.