New single MOON / blossom 7/14, 1st part of 3 single project [II] - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2010, 09:01 PM
Trauma Initiate

Mmm I actually think she's rushing a bit. I'm afraid if she releases too much, it'll be like Ayu overload (which sounds nice) but could be deadly for her career.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:01 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
^Well, if I get unlucky and the first press editions get sold out before I get to order, I'll buy one from you.

***edit: WTH? Why did YA remove moon/blossom from my cart and then jack up the price? o.O
I had that happen once. Its cause they just got the word about the posters. Once they find out there will be a poster they change it and up the price. However, even if you order before they find out about them they'll still add it to your order and not ask for the extra money.

EDIT:

@MintKisses: I don't think this is too bad. I counted and she had like 7 singles for the "I am..." album years ago.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:02 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Oh I see now. Well, this is my first time shopping with them so I'll know better next time. >.<

I also see now that they added the B3 poster to it... but also changed the shipping unit to 3. At this rate, I'm going to spend a lot more on this single than I originally planned to. >>

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 28th May 2010, 09:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^The one thing I will say about YesAsia is that its easy enough to qualify for free shipping. Add another item you've been meaning to pick up to the order and you should be fine. Also, they always mark the orders as being worth SO little. When i bought the Special Limited RnRC boxset, they marked it as only being worth $10USD despite I spent like $140 on it to begin with. They save me a ton from customs, since I never have to pay when buying with them.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:24 PM
Daybreak Initiate

That's good to know. Hm, I never had trouble with customs on any international order I've ever placed tbh though. I just went ahead and ordered it from CDJ (since I just found out they also don't charge until the items shipped), I will get my Ayupans and Hello Kitty bag from YA though. :3

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 28th May 2010, 09:31 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Maybe its just Canada's customs that likes to be a real annoyance then. I once got a $11CAD customs charge over just one CD i ordered from CDJ. I don't entirely blame CDJ, but I don't really bother shopping with them too much anymore. Besides, with most Japanese artists I try to buy OS Presses of the releases. It's only a select few artists where i always buy Japan Press. Also, I buy so much Korean and some Chinese stuff as well, that it just becomes easier to use YA as CDJ doesn't carry those things. And those concert collectibles is another recent extra plus with YA. Most times I just wait 'til they're on sale to buy them, but it's still a nice extra.

Last edited by ILoveGeniuses; 28th May 2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:05 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
^Maybe its just Canada's customs that likes to be a real annoyance then. I once got a $11CAD customs charge over just one CD i ordered from CDJ. I don't entirely blame CDJ, but I don't really bother shopping with them too much anymore. Besides, with most Japanese artists I try to buy OS Presses of the releases. It's only a select few artists where i always buy Japan Press. Also, I buy so much Korean and some Chinese stuff as well, that it just becomes easier to use YA as CDJ doesn't carry those things. And those concert collectibles is another recent extra plus with YA. Most times I just wait 'til they're on sale to buy them, but it's still a nice extra.
CDJapan and YesAsia have nothing to do with the customs charge and the laws of the country you live in. I have quite a different experience, for instance YesAsia stuff used to come within 3 weeks after the parcel has been dispatched, but then the last two parcels I've ordered took over 40 days, with CDJapan it takes a week at most, not to mention that unlike YesAsia they have a decent shipping prices (yes I live in Serbia and for some reason we're not valid for free shipping @ YesAsia anymore and their shipping prices are ridiculous). YesAsia is cheaper cuz they offer the HK/other Asian versions of the releases, bu their customer service is slow and it takes them days to reply while CDJapan pretty much answers in less than 24 hrs. As for the custom charges I only ever get charged once when my order had 3 CDs and a Mashimaro toy xD

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 28th May 2010, 10:05 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Canada customs IS the culprit here. Except for YESASIA, if I buy anything else from outside of Canada I ALWAYS get charged an additional 5$ per parcel handling fee plus tax. Its highway robbery.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:10 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
CDJapan and YesAsia have nothing to do with the customs charge and the laws of the country you live in. I have quite a different experience, for instance YesAsia stuff used to come within 3 weeks after the parcel has been dispatched, but then the last two parcels I've ordered took over 40 days, with CDJapan it takes a week at most, not to mention that unlike YesAsia they have a decent shipping prices (yes I live in Serbia and for some reason we're not valid for free shipping @ YesAsia anymore and their shipping prices are ridiculous). YesAsia is cheaper cuz they offer the HK/other Asian versions of the releases, bu their customer service is slow and it takes them days to reply while CDJapan pretty much answers in less than 24 hrs. As for the custom charges I only ever get charged once when my order had 3 CDs and a Mashimaro toy xD
I didn't mean i was blaming YA or CDJ. Just CDJ always labels the parcels as being their full worth (so if I spent 6000 Yen they'll mark the parcel as being worth that much when shipped) while I've always had YA label them as being worth practically peanuts. I've honestly had problems with both places. I've been shopping with YA for 8 years now, and for my own personal reasons I tend to prefer using them. I think its just different for each person depending on their own preferences and experiences.

EDIT:

@YumSushi: Yeah, i know what you mean. I try to be careful how much I buy from outside Canada, but its real hard when SO many of the interests I have aren't available here too much. I recently bought 4 soccer items off my favorite team and when it arrived I got charged about $34 in customs.

Oh, and a little more on topic, but arent there any proper previews or covers out of the single yet?

Last edited by ILoveGeniuses; 28th May 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 29th May 2010, 01:23 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
I only got one customs charge from Canada's custom from CDJ. I have been using cdj since 2002 and so far they're good. Besides... if the price of the "gift" is less than $60 CDN, they should not charge you anything. That's why I always mark them as gifts when I ordered stuff from cdjapan. Rarely I will order stuff over $60 bucks.
Old 29th May 2010, 01:39 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

hrm...for some reason i didn't even realize pre-orders were up for this single yet.

i better hurry up!

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 29th May 2010, 01:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I only got one customs charge from Canada's custom from CDJ. I have been using cdj since 2002 and so far they're good. Besides... if the price of the "gift" is less than $60 CDN, they should not charge you anything. That's why I always mark them as gifts when I ordered stuff from cdjapan. Rarely I will order stuff over $60 bucks.

I'm not a person to order only 1 item at once. I order lots in a single order. Still, like I said before, I guess it all depends on each person's personal preferences and experiences. In my case I also buy a lot of OS Presses of stuff. Plus, I also buy Korean and Chinese music and movies, which of course CDJ doesn't carry, so for me, YA works out better. However, I'll admit still do buy an occasional thing from CDJ. Depends on my situation.

Still, does it really matter what website or store each of us buy our stuff? Whatever works for one person may be different for someone else. Whether they get bought on YA, CDJ, HMV or elsewhere it still just counts as a purchase supporting the singers.

Last edited by ILoveGeniuses; 29th May 2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 29th May 2010, 05:59 AM
rainy day Initiate

While I prefer not to get sucked into any more Ayu-spending-extravaganzas (I've spent way to much on R'n'R Circus Box Set + THE LIVE PHOTOBOOK), if these covers are stunning then I might have to snag a copy! I mean, this is a special single project afterall. Countdown to the BIIIIIG 50.

Although forgiveness was terrible for the 30th single. Especially since they celebrated the 30th with a special live. I mean... forgiveness...?

BLUE BIRD was great at the time but still, it wasn't AMAZING.

So I hope 50 just shatters them all.
Old 29th May 2010, 06:05 AM
Initiate

Always so much hate towards forgiveness.

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 29th May 2010, 06:13 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
forgiveness says forgive the haters.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 29th May 2010, 06:22 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
I don't know how anyone who has seen the TV lives of that song can hate it. They're some of the most breathtaking performances I've ever seen and made me love the song so much.
Old 29th May 2010, 06:23 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I'm still waiting for Rock'n'Roll Circus DVD-Audio =_=
Old 29th May 2010, 06:24 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Ahhh!!! I want the B3 poster so bad but I want to just wait for the fricken 50th single...since itll supposedly be only 2 months after that.

This single releases 3 days after my birthday so any1 can send me the poster for free
Old 29th May 2010, 06:42 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I don't know how anyone who has seen the TV lives of that song can hate it. They're some of the most breathtaking performances I've ever seen and made me love the song so much.
I have never seen the TV-Lives but it really really took me a long time to warm up to the song. Even to listen to the song in full. But just like most songs I hate, after I listen to them for a while I usually have this short-lived peak of obsession with it. Lol. It's just all the chanting and drawn-out-ness of it really turned me off. I think the fact that she had so much better just made me dislike it more.
Old 29th May 2010, 07:37 AM
End roll Initiate

I adore forgiveness. I think it's one of her most unique and powerful ballads.

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, moon / blossom, moon/blossom