It's After Eden in the 2nd thead of Kalafina! - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd September 2011, 04:55 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Did you notice the typo that they wrote?
The back of the cover, where the tracklist listed, I saw Los Angels XD

Anyway, for the lyrics of Mune no Yukue, what do you think that sentence means?
Quote:
let me roll in the river of life
let me flow down the river of life
go the sun round the river of life
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 23rd September 2011, 05:49 PM
Heartplace Initiate

^ Maybe it's just a mistake. I guess it should be something along the lines of: "go to the sun round the river of life" (would make more sense to me! ).

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 24th September 2011, 09:13 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiharo View Post
Here are the scans of the album, I couldn't scan the pamphlet because it would break.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20LE%20scans/
thanks^o^
Old 25th September 2011, 04:28 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Here are the scans of the album, I couldn't scan the pamphlet because it would break.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20LE%20scans/
Thanks! They're beautiful!

So, I caved and listened to the album on youtube. Granted, I listened to the songs out of order, so I can't judge the album as a whole, but I love the album tracks! They're all so organic and gorgeous. I think my favorites are destination unknown and Sandpiper. I want to hear every single song on this album live!

Unfortunately, right now I can't afford the album unless they put it up on iTunes (which I really hope they do...soon)
Old 26th September 2011, 04:39 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I'm bringing some old topic, I remember someone ever asking that, Why *insert certain Kalafina members here* never got solo lines? Where is her lead song?

Ok, I'm bringing a clear answer from cpme.net, this is official, because Kajiura herself is involved.
Spoiler:
Hi,

I'm not watching the forum lately but george1234 gave me the link to this thread.

I just remembered something that Kajiura once said on her twitter - I might be able to find it back, but it was several months ago already. Anyway.

She said that many people have been asking her why she doesn't give more lead vocals to some particular vocalists. Then she said that she doesn't think of who should be given more lead vocals, but rather, whose voice sounds better in that particular part. Also, for her, lead vocals are as important as background vocals and choir parts. Then she explained that she, herself, has always been alto, and she usually had to sing background vocals - and she likes that more than singing the melody.

Keiko is alto too, so it's normal that she doesn't sing as many lead vocals.

EDIT: Took me a while, but I found these posts, starting at this one: http://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/28653519687

and ending here:
http://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/28655847641

She actually said a lot more than what I just said. Unfortunately I don't have time to translate right now.Pasting in reverse order:
Quote:
# ふふ、そしてアルト同士な皆様よ、賛同のご意見ありがとうございます。アルト楽しいよね〜(>▽<)。ハモ 楽しもうぜー! Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 06:15:43 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# 作り手のわがままなのかもしれないけれど、そういう封に聞いて頂けたらなあ……と願っています 。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 06:13:49 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# ただ、個人の歌い手さんとして聞くとしても、メロディーを歌っている時の××さんも、コーラスやってる時の ××さんも、同じように頑張ってるし同じように個性も魅力も発揮していると私は思っているんです。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 06:13:41 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# 皆様色々なご意見ありがとう!一つだけ付け加えるとしたらね、特定の歌い手さんを応援して頂いたって勿論大 歓迎なんですよ。みんなそれぞれ魅力ある歌い手さんだと私は思っているので! Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 06:13:16 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# アルトだったけど、第九のソプラノに回った事もある。歌下手だったけど、音域だけは無駄に広かったから(笑 )、でもねやっぱりアルトが好きだったのさ。今はもうソプラノ音域は無理だけどー。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:56:45 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# ……てかよう、私自分の幼稚園から大学までの合唱部人生においてずっとアルトだったし、アルトめっちゃ楽し いんだぜ!ハーモニーの全体像を一番堪能出来るのは、低音歌いなんだぜ!低音歌い万歳!(笑)。いや、勿論 高音歌いだってとっても気持ちいいし大事なのは知ってるけど! Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:49:07 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# せっかくお声をお寄せ下さった方には申し訳ない、という気持ちもありますが、ここはもう変わらない所なので 、無理かもしれないけれどご理解下さい、とお願いするしかありません……。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:46:46 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# ただ自分の担当するユニットにおいては、それが初めからのやり方だったし、それを今後も変えるつもりもない 。それだけの事なんです。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:46:34 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# だから申し訳ないけど、そういった意味での平等性を求められても、残念ながらそのお声にお応えする事は出来 ません。正直諦めて下さい、と申し上げるしかありません。皆様からのお声をないがしろにしたい訳では決して ないんですが……。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:45:51 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# 女子歌ユニットにおいて「メンバー全員が同じようは配分でメロディ−を歌う」的な考え方を否定するものでは 勿論ありません。ただ、そうしようという考え方は私には一切無いし、今後もそう考えて曲を作ることはないで しょう。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:45:18 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# 誰がメロディーを歌って誰がコーラスを取るか、は完全に曲ありき。「特定の誰かにメロディーを歌わせる為だ けに」曲を書く、という事は、少なくとも自分の「複数メンバ−コーラス重視」と考えているユニットにおいて は、私はやりません。 Δευ 25 Οκτ 2010 05:44:51 πμ EET via TweetDeck

# レコーディングをしていても、下ハモ録っている時とかワクワクするんだよね。ああやっとこの「歌」完成した 、的に。下ハモ(もしくは三声四声)含めての一つのメロディー、という曲も結構多いんです。 5:43 AM Oct 25th, 2010 via TweetDeck

# その分、コーラスやハーモニーが無ければ、曲の魅力減るどころか半減、という曲も結構多いと思います。そん な曲を作っています。だから複数メンバー必要なんです。「メロディーを歌っていない人」もその曲においては 絶対に不可欠な存在なんですよ。 5:43 AM Oct 25th, 2010 via TweetDeck

# 私は、コーラスを重視する自分のユニットにおいては、メロディーを歌っている人もコーラスを取っている人も 、どちらが主役と考えた事はないんです。どちらも無くてはならない存在。役割は完全に五分五分 です。 5:42 AM Oct 25th, 2010 via TweetDeck

# 「何人組」的な歌ものユニットをやっていたりすると、たまに頂くんですよね、「××さんがメロディー歌う部 分が少なすぎる、もっと歌わせて」的なご意見を。 5:42 AM Oct 25th, 2010 via TweetDeck
Link to the post: http://forum.canta-per-me.net/viewto...p=90014#p90014

To be honest, those answer makes me love Kajiura more than before.
Quote:
Old 26th September 2011, 09:54 AM
still alone Initiate

^Thanks for sharing that! Honestly, I don't mind Keiko not having lots of solos (even though her vocals are my favorite from Kalafina) because she harmonizes a lot and I love her harmonizations almost more than anything in their songs. Usually when singing their songs I'd just harmonize alongside with Keiko because it's just so fun.
Old 26th September 2011, 02:19 PM
Will Initiate

Even if Keiko doesn't get that many solos, I still think she sings more parts than the other because she can harmonize with both ladies.

Koda Kumi Concert Audio

Old 26th September 2011, 10:10 PM
Sky high Protector

I think the answer it's logic! this kind of question never crossed my mind because I always think that Kajiura (or another composer) think about the best voice or the best instrument for the part of a song.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:29 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
^Thanks for sharing that! Honestly, I don't mind Keiko not having lots of solos (even though her vocals are my favorite from Kalafina) because she harmonizes a lot and I love her harmonizations almost more than anything in their songs. Usually when singing their songs I'd just harmonize alongside with Keiko because it's just so fun.
I do the same thing! Her parts are usually my favorites.

I think that, even if she doesn't have as many solos, she still sings quite a bit, because she does most of the harmony, so it balances out (though I do love her solos...The lives of songs like "Yami no Uta" and "Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete iku" are to die for! ).
Old 27th September 2011, 03:38 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Yuki isn't the type to play favorites or give all these lines to one girl because she's the leader or popular (like in a LOT of other girlbands) and it's pretty much clear in her work that she pays extraordinary detail to harmonies and backing vocals not just the lead so her answer doesn't really surprise me. But of course, there's always people who need to hear it from the horse's mouth to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky_way View Post
Even if Keiko doesn't get that many solos, I still think she sings more parts than the other because she can harmonize with both ladies.
If you combine all the shared lines she'd done with them, it'll probably match or outnumber the solo lines that Wakana and Hikaru get.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 27th September 2011, 10:20 PM
walking proud Initiate

I have to say there is a lot of balance in the vocals for sure ...I love all three of the girls & can say with confidence that they all have beautiful vocal talent, but Wakana still remains my favorite out of the bunch.
Old 28th September 2011, 03:01 AM
Will Initiate

I've recently re-discovered my love for lirica. Flawless song

Koda Kumi Concert Audio

Old 8th October 2011, 05:52 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Did you guys remember about Kalafina Records?
The book features a long interview with each member, and all of the girls reveal their past in this interview, which is really interesting to read.

Someone already translated Wakana parts, you can read it here, but it's not finished yet, there are 3 of them.

(I warn you, those interview are really inspiring, prepare some tissues before reading, proceed with caution)

Wakana - Part 1
Wakana - Part 2
Wakana - Part 3

For the others, I haven't find Hikaru interview, only Keiko, though it's just roughly translated, so I will just write some of them here. Under Spoiler.

...and remember, Keiko parts are far from finished, any info written here is just the most interesting notes that some people already translate, so expect more later.
Spoiler:
  • Keiko actually went to Morning Musume audition (3rd generation audition) and even passed the 1st stage but none of her friends passed 1st stage of the audition so she became unenthusiastic and didn't continue.
  • Keiko mentioned before that she's a big fan of Namie Amuro, and she also said that she's a big fan of Britney Spears and Destiny's Child.
  • Because of that two reasons, that explains why Keiko seems like has an idol aura, plus she always looks so energetic during the concerts.
  • Among FictionJunction / Kalafina members, Keiko is considered a senior.
  • She ever busking / doing a street performance in Akiba, but she didn't mentioned when. She said that only 10% people listening to her singing, the rest are just taking pictures of her, she thoughts that it's so rude. (lol)
  • In early years after joining Space Craft group, she's doing a part time in Harajuku, in a boutique shop or something. (?) *bad english translation*
  • Around that time, Wakana and Kaori joined Space Craft group as well, and she feels that she lost her confidence because both of them are able to maintain their vocals very well.
  • At around the same time, her manager ask her about her future, like 'what kind of singer do you want for your future?' and 'what is your favorite genre of music?' She was in confusion so she just answered with 'I don't know' and her manager told her 'you won't become a singer if you just like that' and after that conversation, she began thinking about her future. *another bad english translation*
  • Remember Itokubo? It was a duo consist of Keiko and Itou Ayaka (now she's a solo artist with the name Maria, which is nowhere to be found in 2011), that was Keiko first attempt for building her career. Sadly, the label considered that group as a failure, because the numbers of audience they have is never above 150 people. Which leads to the disband of the group in 2007.
  • When Itokubo disbanded, Keiko feels that 'time probably stopped for 6 months'. In that desperate moment, she thinks that maybe she should try anything else other than singing. A choice between artist or talent, which makes her join VJ MTV audition and Fried Noodles commercials audition. None of them succeded.
  • When Kajiura held an audition for Kalafina, Keiko just desperately trying, by singing Houseki in the audition. She said that, Houseki is the only Kajiura song that she able to sing. She's a bit of jealous with Wakana because of her high voice.
  • It's quite ironic because, Keiko is singing Houseki, a bit jealous of Wakana because of her high voice. But did you know which song Wakana sing for Kalafina audition? It's Kaze no Machi e, a FJ KEIKO song, lol.
Quote:
Old 9th October 2011, 05:08 AM
Initiate

omg I can't imagine Keiko in Momosu! that'd be so weird! Kalafina was definitely a way better fit for her. Thanks so much for the links and notes! Looking forward to more.

Old 9th October 2011, 01:57 PM
still alone Initiate

Thanks! I enjoyed reading it.
Old 10th October 2011, 02:42 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Oh my...Keiko in Morning Musume?!
I'm glad that she is in Kalafina, because she is really an awesome singer!!

@mellody: Thank you for sharing! It was an really interesting...and enjoyable!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 10th October 2011, 08:25 PM
Initiate

It's weird to think that KEIKO auditioned with Kaori (from ELT), Gocchin and Kuu....I couldn't imagine if they had all got in...that would be really strange XD

Kurayami Monogatari that's my Review site!!
Old 8th November 2011, 07:41 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Kalafina [Calendar 2012]
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=2012CL-106

Kalafina Collectibles
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/special/art...html?id=442690
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aderianu; 8th November 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:48 PM
Initiate

:O Whaaat is this beautiful thing? I so want all of this. Right now. Gah.

Old 7th January 2012, 03:01 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Kalafina After Eden Blu-ray and DVD announced!!
January 7th, 2012

Today was announced by the Kalafina official site that the performance of Kalafina’s “After Eden” Special LIVE 2011 that was held at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL」 (old JCB Hall) on November 25, 2011, will be released in Blu-ray and DVD on March 21, 2012!!

There will be also included a short documentary about the event “Kalafina Week in Shibuya”.

Title: 「“After Eden” Special LIVE 2011 at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL」
Release: March 21, 2012
Catalog#: DVD: SEBL-138, Blu-ray: SEXL-13
Price: DVD: 5,565 yen (tax included), Blu-ray 6,615 yen (tax included) 

Setlist:
Spoiler:

JCB Hall, Tokyo, Japan
21 Songs
Music: Yuki Kajiura
Lyrics: Yuki Kajiura
Arrangement: Yuki Kajiura
Vocal: Kalafina
Musicians: Koichi Korenaga (guitar), Kyoichi Sato (drums), Takahashi “Jr” Tomoharu (bass), Hitoshi Konno (violin), Hirotaka Sakurada (keyboard)
Manipulator: Oohira Yoshio

Eden
In your eyes
storia
Neverending
Kotonoha
Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa
Red Moon
Adore
Kugatsu
Sandpiper
Magia
Magnolia
Destination unknown
love come down
fantasia
Kyrie
Ongaku
Mune no Yukue

Encore
Oblivious
Snow falling
Symphonia
Oh damn, I want this...
Quote:

Last edited by mellody; 7th January 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
far on the water, fictionjunction, kalafina, yuki kajiura