[Official Message] A BEST -15th Anniversary Edition- - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th January 2016, 10:48 AM
winding road H-Initiate

CD+Blu-ray+DVD?? WTF?

Tbh, this is boring. A new best I woud be up to, but the same best? It's nice and all to have the songs remastered, but I don't really care about this release... might order it only for the photobook though... or not, seeing the price and why would I ever need a DVD if there's a blu-ray with the same content already?

Last edited by pimenta; 28th January 2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 28th January 2016, 10:59 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

The songs were fine the way they were before and almost all of them were remastered for A COMPLETE anyway...why can't she put this much focus on remastering (or indeed, just doing it correctly the first time around) 90% of her discography from the last six(xxxxx) years?
Old 28th January 2016, 11:04 AM
July 1st Initiate

Ah, so the news do refer to a release of A BEST, but not in the way that I expected. My heart actually leapt when I saw "A BEST" on the news thread. I thought it would be A BEST 3.

This might be interesting. The contents of the Blu-ray and DVD are totally meh (don't we already have that in A CLIP BOX?), but the photoshoots may have some rare materials.

(Damn now I have a hankering for A BEST 3)
Old 28th January 2016, 11:08 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
The songs were fine the way they were before and almost all of them were remastered for A COMPLETE anyway...why can't she put this much focus on remastering (or indeed, just doing it correctly the first time around) 90% of her discography from the last six(xxxxx) years?
This so much.

Old 28th January 2016, 11:10 AM
Who... Initiate

i honestly hope that this is not the "New Album" she was talking about. although a picture on her face book did say "5 more days" so maybe in another few days we will get some more news as to a new album? she really is loaded January up with new info. this and AT16 and maybe a new album? this is a lot lol.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:13 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

^ well she can't really work on A BEST remastering that was done in LA lol so I think that post referred to smth else

tumblr

Old 28th January 2016, 11:24 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Hmm I'm one of those people who hardly hears the difference between "original" and "remastered" quality, so I don't really care for this stuff. Although it's nice to see some unreleased cover photos, I guess. Oh well, I'll just wait patiently for new material.

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 28th January 2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:28 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeReSu View Post
I loved A BEST, I love my own a best copy and this release is ridiculous, I'm sorry.
This is nothing new except for these bonus things. And this is really, really expensive.
It's great to celebrate the 15th anniversary of this Best who marked the Jpop - That I agree with - but it's too much. I just have the impression that it's just to make more money, money, money.
This release is just for hardcore fans I think. A collector: nothing more, nothing less.
^you are right

I will wait till the new album release

I don't have A BEST but I already have the "hamasaki ayumi" DVD so I don't need a new DVD with the same content and I don't care about a T-shirt and a Photobook and with that price ... So bye bye darling
Old 28th January 2016, 11:29 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
i honestly hope that this is not the "New Album" she was talking about. although a picture on her face book did say "5 more days" so maybe in another few days we will get some more news as to a new album? she really is loaded January up with new info. this and AT16 and maybe a new album? this is a lot lol.
What picture? I can't find it o_o
I sure hope there's still an album coming. The tour only starts in May, maybe she's planing an album to be released before it? Or during, if it follows Colours release pattern.

Old 28th January 2016, 11:33 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

What a dissapoiment...
Old 28th January 2016, 11:43 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

I find this more interesting than getting A BEST 3, but it's still something that I don't see me buying... Too expensive and not that much worth it imo. I think it's more impactful/meaningful for her Japanese audience, but to me it's not that much :/

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 28th January 2016, 11:51 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Well this is slightly underwhelming, fantastic for collectors, but I can't help but feel as if this wouldn't have happened if A BEST hadn't of been doing so well digitally. I wish she had released this on her 20th anniversary, and I think I would be more interested if she had re-recorded vocals or changed arrangements, although I will admit the photobook sounds cool.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:00 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

next week have a big news again, may be new original album????

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=oricon&ie=utf-8&pn=0
Old 28th January 2016, 12:10 PM
P.S II Initiate

Is there any chance of TA version?
Old 28th January 2016, 12:15 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I think it's so pointless if she doesnt resing the album. I would die for a resung A SONG FOR XX in the glory of its old arrangement.

(and im secretly hoping for some TRIBUTE album for her 20th anniversary and Utada will be singing one of her songs hehehe)
Old 28th January 2016, 12:21 PM
Lelio Protector

So they might still be keeping A BEST 3 for the 20th anniversary

At least there should be a new album coming.

I really love the deluxe package but 9000 yen (and I don't need the DVD). I wonder what to do.

I also hope it's going to have the same promo, 40+ magazines, a lot of tv promo, billboards all over town and cool countdown CMs. LOL

Last edited by ayumisrael; 28th January 2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:39 PM
SCAR Initiate

I'm happy about this release but honestly how good do you think this could sell? The entire population already owns a best and bought it digitally these past two years lol.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:40 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I'll be completely honest with you; I did have a hunch that A BEST is re-released so I wasn't that surprised. When you think about it, it was pretty obvious that it will get a re-release at some point since it was so successful on digital charts. I really wanna see that Anniversary Book now. Ayu's photobooks are always so great♥

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Last edited by Minttulatte; 28th January 2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: fixed stuff so I don't sound stupid.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:44 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Y'know, I rarely call things "lazy", but this time this is how I feel about the DVD and BD thing... like, they didn't want to do two separate versions THAT much? Just throw it all together and people choose which one they wanna use?

Old 28th January 2016, 12:50 PM
P.S II Initiate

CDJapan's description... Comes with both DVD and Bluray?!

Quote:
Fifteenth anniversary edition of "A Best" release from Ayumi Hamasaki includes 16 tracks total. Features remastering, using original master tapes by Stephen Marcussen. This edition includes a bonus DVD with 12 music videos. Also includes a bonus Blu-ray with up-converted versions of the music videos. Comes with a booklet with liner notes, private shots, and old materials. Box packaging with a T-shirt with an artwork randomly selected from seven kinds. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.
Closed Thread

Tags
a best