ayumi hamasaki Summer TA Party ~presented by AWA~ - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th August 2016, 01:01 AM
No way to say Initiate

Movin' On Without You...AGAIN?
Old 9th August 2016, 03:58 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I watched it full yesterday, the whole thing felt like an acapella concert, like the music was really low HANABI was my favorite and actually liked End Roll with Miccie, gettin' really tired of xoxo/lelio tho.

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 10th August 2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 9th August 2016, 04:04 PM
Who... Initiate

she should sing more than Lelio Lelio Leli Lelio DJ!!, like maybe the whole song every now and then
Old 10th August 2016, 05:26 AM
As if.. Initiate

Actually I like movin on without you... It was a very nice performance because of the energy she put in and the atmosphere/stage was awesome, she looks awesome too, I really love the look she looks younger!
But I wished Ayu would take proper voice lessons, she sounds horrible, her voice problem can be solved easily with a good vocal coach. Not Timmy but someone who knows the voice in and out, the student can only go as far as his/her teacher teaches him/her.

IU - EIGHT (Vocal Cover)

SINGER x SONGWRITER x MUSIC PRODUCER
Website x Youtube x Instagram

Old 10th August 2016, 05:49 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

I thought she was taking voice lessons? I guess she stopped
Old 10th August 2016, 06:43 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEY View Post
Actually I like movin on without you... It was a very nice performance because of the energy she put in and the atmosphere/stage was awesome, she looks awesome too, I really love the look she looks younger!
But I wished Ayu would take proper voice lessons, she sounds horrible, her voice problem can be solved easily with a good vocal coach. Not Timmy but someone who knows the voice in and out, the student can only go as far as his/her teacher teaches him/her.
It's not a problem of voice lessons. It's just that she destroyed her vocal cords and throat by the way she was singing since her debut to maybe 2006.
Her singing method back then is known for causing serious strain on the vocal cords when used often. She has been singing like this for almost 10 years without any break... So you can hear the result now ←
Old 10th August 2016, 08:24 AM
Who... Initiate

why you guys talking like she sounds so bad? she has her high and lows LIKE EVERY ARTIST, she can't control her voice perfectly but i have heard A LOT of worse singers than her. sometimes her lives makes me wanna stop watching it because of her bad vocals ( like Many Classic Moments in MIT) but she can sound good as well. so she has not ruined her voice, she just doesn't control it. remember how good she sounded in CdM? didn't she take voice lessons before that tour? and look how good it became.

she didn't sound perfect here but i really enjoyed listening to this. End roll was the worst but other songs sounded just good

i wonder why people bothers to watch and listen to her lives if they are so bad if she can't sing, go listen to someone how's voice you guys enjoy listening to
Old 10th August 2016, 08:41 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I still love her lives, love the emotion and passion she puts into it, not sure if she needs vocal lessons, I think she needs some vocal rest, if she took some time to rest her voice (months or at least a year) I'm sure she would sound better, Ayu is the only artists I know that release an album and tours every single year, and she's been doing it practically since her debut, seriously she needs a break .
Old 10th August 2016, 10:17 PM
Depend on you Initiate

That was a disappointing concert. She could at least have taken the voice from the tracks, singing over the instrumentals. I'd be very angry if I had paid for a concert and got that instead. The play she's just singing along seems half assed. And moving on without you... seriously, I pray the heavens will let this song die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Raito View Post
It's not a problem of voice lessons. It's just that she destroyed her vocal cords and throat by the way she was singing since her debut to maybe 2006.
Her singing method back then is known for causing serious strain on the vocal cords when used often. She has been singing like this for almost 10 years without any break... So you can hear the result now ←
Could you explain that to me? You mean that really nasal high-pitched voice from her old songs? I'm curious

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Last edited by Yoake; 11th August 2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10th August 2016, 11:27 PM
appears Initiate

THANK god she sang over the tracks, because she always sounds bad when singing summer songs. Nothing new. End roll and Hanabi sounded godly.
Old 11th August 2016, 12:10 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

EVERY singer needs voice lessons. And they will need it for their whole career. For some odd reason both Ayu and Hikki postponed those far into the first decade of their careers, and the results are clear on their lives.

Ayu also forced a high pitched nasal voice that wasn't natural to her. Any unnatural way you force your voice while singing damages your voice. This is very clear for Ayu, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and probably Hikki too.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th August 2016, 01:17 AM
still alone Initiate

I too was disappointed in how loud the vocal was compared to the music.
But I highly doubt that was what the audience got. I think that is just how the stream/video was.
Overall I think she didn't sound any better or worse than normal. I think the people who watched the video would have a different opinion if the audio was normal and in decent quality.
Old 11th August 2016, 02:49 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I was there, the vocals sounded fine. end roll was meh, but they lowered the key for Michi.

The reason Ayu was wearing the first dress was because her and the car with her outfit were running late, and Ayu got out of the car and dashed to the venue with the change of clothes coming later.

It was really hot, and hard to move. I had a lot of fun, but I was drained by the end from the heat mostly lol. I'm glad I got to go. There were about 1200? 1400? People. I forget the exact number. I was 453, and we were lined up by number to go in where we could stand anywhere. (No one really pushed and snaked to front which I appreciated. I hated that about the TA tour.)

I'm assuming the background vocals were utilized for two reasons. One because it was outside near the ocean (lots of outside noise) as well as there were no chorus members singing.

image upload

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 11th August 2016, 03:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I was there, the vocals sounded fine. end roll was meh, but they lowered the key for Michi.

The reason Ayu was wearing the first dress was because her and the car with her outfit were running late, and Ayu got out of the car and dashed to the venue with the change of clothes coming later.

It was really hot, and hard to move. I had a lot of fun, but I was drained by the end from the heat mostly lol. I'm glad I got to go. There were about 1200? 1400? People. I forget the exact number. I was 453, and we were lined up by number to go in where we could stand anywhere. (No one really pushed and snaked to front which I appreciated. I hated that about the TA tour.)

I'm assuming the background vocals were utilized for two reasons. One because it was outside near the ocean (lots of outside noise) as well as there were no chorus members singing.

image upload
Thank you so much for the report! Glad to hear from someone who was there. I wish I coulda gone. First outfit makes so much sense now.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th August 2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11th August 2016, 07:43 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
rofl
Old 14th August 2016, 11:29 AM
MY STORY Initiate

I watched a bit of this performance before my fb app began to crash over and over again and I did enjoy the live. In my opinion her vocals weren't shit at all. But I cried inside when Movin' on without you came on because I can't stand how Ayu sings it. It's a breakup song after all. However, I'm planning on watching the whole live through when I'm on my laptop next time.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 14th August 2016, 01:27 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ It may be a breakup song but to me it's more kind of "you're a loser and you don't know how to treat me well so bye bye" than a sad breakup song lol

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 14th August 2016, 05:45 PM
still alone Initiate

Even the original version by Utada is mostly upbeat. It's almost a dance/pop/r&b song. Ayu updated it to a more edm pop style while still keeping faithful to the original. At least that's how I see it.
Old 19th August 2016, 08:51 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Rebroadcast decision - AbemaTV 8/21 (Sun)
https://abema.tv/channels/abema-spec...8T24KHu1KU7bQb

wonder is it possible to fix the sound
Old 19th August 2016, 08:58 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I think I gotta clarify my opinion on Movin' on without you because I feel I was a bit misunderstood so here it goes:

Musically Ayu's version isn't that horrible but I hate that the anger and annoyance that Utada Hikaru has in her voice when she sings this cannot be heard in Ayu's version at all. Her overly cute singing voice completely ruins the song for me. If it was sung as it should be sung Ayu's cover would be fierce/epic as fuck.

And I'm not trying to stir up drama over this song or anything. I just felt like I need to explain my thoughts a bit more.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Last edited by Minttulatte; 19th August 2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Stuff stuff

Tags
awa, m(a)de in japan, made in japan, summer ta party, teamayu