Ayu recommended eye shadow & eye brow powder on twitter - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 6th July 2010, 03:58 PM
sending mail Initiate

i would love to get my hands on those products.

Old 6th July 2010, 09:12 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yes, the makeup she used was Rimmel. Well, Gori used it, haha. (He's her makeup artist.)

Shouldn't most Rimmel London products be available in America as well?
Old 6th July 2010, 11:45 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yes, the makeup she used was Rimmel. Well, Gori used it, haha. (He's her makeup artist.)

Shouldn't most Rimmel London products be available in America as well?
Yes but makeup products can vary from country to country, and since Ayu is Rimmel's spokesperson in Japan, I'm sure she has access to some makeup items that aren't even on the market yet.

tumblr

Old 7th July 2010, 02:30 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

next time i go make-up shopping, im totally gunna look for ayus make-up lol XD

I live for
Big Bang Ayumi BtoB YG Family

Old 7th July 2010, 05:11 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

i thought ayu recommended an eye brow powder too.... those look more like eye shadow

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 7th July 2010, 05:51 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I recall she just showed us some lipgloss and eyeshadows.

Quote:
Yes but makeup products can vary from country to country, and since Ayu is Rimmel's spokesperson in Japan, I'm sure she has access to some makeup items that aren't even on the market yet.
I see... maybe someone from AHS can supply overseas users with that Japan-only makeup?

Last edited by truehappiness; 7th July 2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 7th July 2010, 07:49 AM
fairyland Initiate

the palette is amazing but the colours are so strong i cannot figure ayu out with that make up

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 7th July 2010, 03:04 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by C+R+E+AYUMI View Post
the palette is amazing but the colours are so strong i cannot figure ayu out with that make up
what do you mean? lol =]

I live for
Big Bang Ayumi BtoB YG Family

Old 7th July 2010, 05:49 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I recall she just showed us some lipgloss and eyeshadows.

I see... maybe someone from AHS can supply overseas users with that Japan-only makeup?
That would be nice. There are alot of makeup forums where people swap makeup or someone pays someone in another country to buy makeup and send it to them.

tumblr

Old 9th July 2010, 09:55 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Hmm that is weird, but I'm pretty sure they are both Rimmel products, for the eyeshadow the Crown pretty much screams Rimmel, IDK any other product that has a Crown Logo or anything similar. But the thing is I can't find the eyeshadow she has on the Rimmel site, I don't know if its because it new or its not listed on their site. Like someone else said earlier Rimmel doesn't carry the same products in all countries. But seriously I went through all the products in all the different countries they have available on the site and I can't find that eyeshadow

Ok so my photoshop skill sucks sue me...
Old 9th July 2010, 04:16 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

^maybe it's only on the Rimmel Japanese site!

Old 9th July 2010, 11:53 PM
Far away Initiate

http://www.rimmellondon.com/UK/produ...Eyeshadow.aspx

I found this eyeshadow palette on the UK website, the colours look almost identical to the 2nd eyeshadow palette in the pictures given, but the shape is different?

Maybe Ayu meant not just the colours but also the quality of the rimmel product is what she loved? I think there's plenty of rimmel eyeshadows with similar colours and quality. ^^
Old 11th July 2010, 01:24 PM
Real me Initiate

I think Rimmel is a higher quality drugstore brand, so their products are better quality but more expensive than like, Covergirl or Maybelline. It's good to know that she's not high maintenance and using only Bobbi Brown or something though. I assumed her recommended makeup would be something high quality, but I was wrong!

tumblr

Old 11th July 2010, 02:18 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda♥ View Post
I think Rimmel is a higher quality drugstore brand, so their products are better quality but more expensive than like, Covergirl or Maybelline. It's good to know that she's not high maintenance and using only Bobbi Brown or something though. I assumed her recommended makeup would be something high quality, but I was wrong!
I don't really get the whole "drugstore" thing. Imo maybelline, RIMMEL, GOSH and so on, are just as good as MAC...and so on

I tried searching for these eyeshadows on rakuten...no result. I'm thinking she got those from the UK.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 12th July 2010, 01:35 AM
poker face Initiate

I was going to say, it better be Rimmel, she has tie-ins xD.

Kind of like I saw this video of fans meeting Ayu and they wanted a picture, so he gave the camera and said "Sorry it's not a Lumix" and Ayu reli cutely said "Ohhhh that's not gooood"

Because unsurprisingly, a company doesn't just pay for a star to do a CM or something, they expect them to be loyal, hence the whole Britney Spears being dropped by Pepsi once she was spotted drinking Coca Cola or something like that. But now that everything is so out there with the internet and everything especially Twitter, Ayu might have to be careful with what she says xD
Old 12th July 2010, 05:57 AM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post
I don't really get the whole "drugstore" thing. Imo maybelline, RIMMEL, GOSH and so on, are just as good as MAC...and so on

I tried searching for these eyeshadows on rakuten...no result. I'm thinking she got those from the UK.
Drugstore as in usually much cheaper and stuff you can find at Walgreen, CVS, Rite Aid and other drugstores. It doesn't neccisarily mean "lower quality", thought it's always hit or miss with those kind of brands. I think with MAC it's highly unlikely that they'll make a low quality product.

tumblr

Old 12th July 2010, 10:34 PM
Far away Initiate

Drugstore brands tend to be much cheaper but I find still similar quality as most designer brands. The difference is, drugstore brands you can go pick up from your local supermarket, and you have various brands for different prices. Whereas designer brands are a lot more expensive because they have a designer label, but all high in quality, still. Most designer brands you have to order the specific product over the internet, by the companies official site.

I don't think that just because a designer brand is designer and it has a high price dosen't mean they're all better than the drugstore brands. I think it's about finding what sort of make-up suits your skin type. There are lots of people who love MAC, but also lots of people who don't because the product dosen't work as well with thier skin, whereas a cheaper drugstore brand will. When testing different lipsticks, I sometimes found that cheaper drugstore brand lipsticks worked better for me than more expensive brands. MAC's prices I can tolerate if I know i'm getting quality and quantity for my money.

Last edited by Ayu_Love; 12th July 2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 13th July 2010, 05:02 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

MAC is not a drugstore brand here in canada... they have their own counter in department stores or their own store

i think ayu probably uses rimmel now just because she is the spoke person.... she probably never used rimmel in the past just because she probably shop only at high end places where they won't sell rimmel.... i can't imagine ayu going to a drug store or walmart type store picking up rimmel eye shadow.... i think she she uses high end designer brands, but being a good spoke person she won't shows these pics to us

Old 13th July 2010, 06:14 PM
fairyland Initiate

^MAC isn't a drugstore brand anywhere. But, it's the easiest to access non-drugstore brand. It's just really popular.

I think the only reason that Ayu posted those pics of Rimmel stuff and talked about how much she loved them is because, as most people said, because she is a spokesperson for them. I highly doubt that she uses it on a regular basis. I doubt that she even uses even one high-end brand. Everyone's skin tones and textures are different, and many celebrities use a mix of different high-end products, because they can afford them.

I'm a huger lover of make-up, but like most girls I'm on a budget, so I have used every single drug-store brand out there. I think that Rimmel has more selection and unique products, and prettier packaging, but they aren't the best ever. A lot of stuff I get from them ends up crumbling, which is annoying. I wouldn't recommend using things just because Ayu uses it. Like I said, different people, different skin types, different reactions to products. You need to test all of them, and see what works for you. If you like how Ayu's make-up is done, you don't need to use the exact same brand as her, you can use ones that fit better with your skin and still get the same look. But, if you are looking to try new things, and want to test some new stuff, then yeah, you can use Rimmel cause Ayu does.

Last edited by happiholic★; 13th July 2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 13th July 2010, 07:21 PM
Far away Initiate

Sorry if it looked like I said MAC was a drugstore brand. I was comparing it as a designer brand to drugstore brands, is what I meant.

^And I agree. You need to experiment what make-up brands work best for you, and can still achieve exactly the same looks from one brand using another brand. To be honest I really don't care for many designer brands unless it's products were high quality and gave me my money's worth. Even then i'm not willing to pay £20 just for a lipstick, but that's just me. I love make-up very much, but I'm not willing to spend that much money on designer brands who overcharge, when you can find cheaper make-up that does the job the same.
Designer labels can be so expensive just because they have a designer label. Some are quite a rip-off, to me. :/ I can think of better things to spend my money on.

But yes, Ayu is probably just being a good spokesperson. (I found that my rimmel eyeshadow would crumble after while, too. Or sometimes be too sheer.)

Last edited by Ayu_Love; 13th July 2010 at 07:32 PM.

Tags
twitter