[A] What did you think of Ayu's performance of Crossroad? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 12th September 2010, 07:36 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Her voice has improved so much! She has learned to control that crazy vibrato, haha. She sounded amazing~ crossroad is such a gorgeous song, I hope she performs it a lot! ^^

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 12th September 2010, 07:50 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

My favorite thing was just her energy! She had great presence~ It was very powerful.

Her vocals were okay. I know they're an improvement...but they were just a little too low for me. I think the song sounds a lot better with her vocals in the studio version.

But it didn't really matter because...just how she performed was really amazing...seriously...like wow.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 12th September 2010, 09:06 AM
Sky high Protector

Seriously I think Ayu took some sing lesson. Since April, her vocal is really better. The MS performance was really beautiful & she made few mistakes while she had done a lot before.
Her voice is clearer & she controls more her vibrato now.
I watched the live a lot of time. I'm really glad.
Old 12th September 2010, 10:01 AM
Initiate

A really really good performance ! that's all i can say !^^!
Old 12th September 2010, 11:19 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

She's definitely improved.
Old 12th September 2010, 11:50 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I agree about the control she has with her vibrato.. can't get how different she sounds, it's honestly amazing how well she's singing! I've never thought her voice sounded particularly bad, but I can sense an improvement!
Old 12th September 2010, 03:00 PM
Curtain call Initiate

idk but I think the whole performance was perfect I don't care what anybody says.

such and amazing song god I love it.

I loved how Kumi was lip singing to ayu ^.^
Old 12th September 2010, 03:07 PM
Dolls Initiate

I also really like that performance. The song is greate..a nd she sung it really good, for me.
Old 12th September 2010, 03:08 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ ^ Agree 100%

I'm so glad Kuu & Ayu seem to get along, I giggled when I saw her singing Trauma XD

Anyway, I think it was a flawless perf
Old 12th September 2010, 03:28 PM
As if.. Initiate

definitely she improved a lot ^_^ I loved her performance!! =)
BTW... Where can I see the entire show?? I was at school so i didn't watch it Live... =/
Old 13th September 2010, 01:48 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
My favorite thing was just her energy! She had great presence~ It was very powerful.

Her vocals were okay. I know they're an improvement...but they were just a little too low for me. I think the song sounds a lot better with her vocals in the studio version.

But it didn't really matter because...just how she performed was really amazing...seriously...like wow.
I think that was probably the altered version you saw baby. I haven't even seen the original version yet! It's still downloading as I type T_________T; But like you said, even with the lower voice her performance was stellar!
Old 13th September 2010, 03:22 AM
Pray H-Initiate

Everytime I watch it, it just gets better. This is my like my 10th time watching it, and it's brilliant.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 13th September 2010, 04:00 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

i played the mp3 version on repeat...
it's just like hearing to studio version...

so...while waiting the HQ version of studio version, i will hear this live version...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 13th September 2010, 10:08 AM
TO BE Initiate

Comparing it to last TV performances, I saw a big improvement on Ayu's voice. I felt that she singed from the heart, and she was doing her best. Really nice to see this attitude
Old 13th September 2010, 06:22 PM
ayu trance Initiate

i was impressed. she had good control of her voice... but she seemed to be struggling with her breathing b/c some notes she held sounded forced and strained. overall, i liked it. this is one of her very few best in quite awhile, imo.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

why is it that I may be the only one who thinks that ayu may have not been singing completely live? If you listen to the CD version of the vocals and the "live" vocals they are too similar to be ayu singing live.. obviously no one remembers the Evolution performance which was just last year... I 'm sorry but I just don't think ayu's voice can improve that much over the small amount of time, especially since she has been recording non-stop, on top of preformances whether it be from TV or in concert. Microphone's "live" felt the same way for me -- they seem just too similar to the CD versions to be completely live. She may have even been doing the same thing with the You were... live and when evolution came on the "microphone" was actually on becaue the vocal's were just completely different, in fact they were too different for her to have actually sung You were.... completely live, with out the aid of any backing track.

USER NO LONGER ACTIVE, PLEASE DELETE.[/COLOR]

Old 13th September 2010, 10:35 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRGRK View Post
why is it that I may be the only one who thinks that ayu may have not been singing completely live? If you listen to the CD version of the vocals and the "live" vocals they are too similar to be ayu singing live.. obviously no one remembers the Evolution performance which was just last year... I 'm sorry but I just don't think ayu's voice can improve that much over the small amount of time, especially since she has been recording non-stop, on top of preformances whether it be from TV or in concert. Microphone's "live" felt the same way for me -- they seem just too similar to the CD versions to be completely live. She may have even been doing the same thing with the You were... live and when evolution came on the "microphone" was actually on becaue the vocal's were just completely different, in fact they were too different for her to have actually sung You were.... completely live, with out the aid of any backing track.
that's nice that you think her live voice sounds too good to be true haha. but yes, it is really live and it is possible for her to improve. she even said in the beginning of this year she was going to focus on her vocals more than ever. she probably got a new vocal coach.
Old 13th September 2010, 10:56 PM
WE WISH Initiate

@VGRK: did u possibly realize evolution is generally much harder to sing for her. I don't find it impossible for her vocals to improve as its been a growing process. What? Is it supposed to take 3 yrs or something?
Microphone lives do not at all sound like the orignal tracks imo and crossroad is just done well. If u can try hard enough( and who knows what access an artist like ayu has to a great vocal coach) then u can improve. There are often times ayu has been able to sing her songs without huge difference from recording
If ayu has been able to record that song with a vocal improvement. I'm sure the live has one too. Just my view of things.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 13th September 2010, 11:04 PM
No way to say Initiate

It sounds like Ayu used a different vocal technique for the live... The recorded version sounds way different :/ I wholeheartedly believe that she was singing If they were to re-record it for her to lip it, you'd think it would sound perfect, yet Ayu had her imperfections during the live (I still think it's beautiful, though ). For Microphone, I believe it was the same. evolution was a while ago, it's not fair to compare that far back~ She wasn't in a very good spot with her vocals at that time, and she's really improved a lot! People who went to AT10 also said that her vocals were amazing. She's just been taking care of her voice better lately, and having great vocal lessons! It's so great that she's improved so much since CDL ~FC~
Old 14th September 2010, 12:11 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Crossroad... was perfect. I even love the fact that the dress wasn't one of those HUGE OVER THE TOP dresses, it was simple with its elegance. Lately when I've watched her lives i'm kind of just like "Alright." and then i delete the file. But I watched this one and I was like "Aw Lordy." Just amazed the whole time. i've been watching it over and over. Its so good. I'm impressed all over again. Every time i seem to doubt her even the very very very VERY slightest. its like she senses it and then decides to kick my ass. XD

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Last edited by Miduhyo; 14th September 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Tags
crossroad, music station