The Official Madonna Thread V - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 20th May 2019, 01:45 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ honestly? I think it is not that bad. But maybe that is we tolarate much more, because we still support Ayu.
I am not saying Madonna's vocals were good, but they weren't the thing that killed the performance, at least to me.

I agree on the masks and "political" statement. Glad I missed it at first. Aside from that her performance wasn't that dreadful everybody claims it to be. I hope, my country will learn and not invite singers who have little to do with ESV and aren't there for other reasons than to hype the show (and themselves) I rather listen to Phoenix, damn Fairytale or the bloody Dancing Lasha Lumbai. But I am going offtopic.

Old 20th May 2019, 10:01 PM
Daybreak Guardian

The official YouTube version sounds horrible but at least it's been confirmed it is heavily edited. To me, the vocals weren't even that bad but it sounds like she's singing from really, really far away. The performance, in general, was extremely boring. Like, it's Madonna but there was nothing special about it. I'm surprised I could watch the whole thing until the end.

Also, "Future" is so far the worst song from Madame X, in my opinion. I'm honestly not even excited for the album anymore.
Old 21st May 2019, 12:21 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

The ESC made the following statement after her performance : "In the live broadcast, two of Madonna's dancers briefly displayed the Israeli and Palestinian flags on the back of their outfits. This element of the performance was not part of the rehearsals which had been cleared with the EBU and the host broadcaster, Kan. The Eurovision Song Contest is a non-political event and Madonna had been made aware of this."

I think the backlash mostly comes from the fact that she got paid over a million dollars for this performance, that she was hyped a lot during the night and in the end she didn't deliver. If she had come here for free (or for money of course but with no disclosure of the amount she got paid) maybe people wouldn't be so harsh.

I'm not into any of her songs from the upcoming album, it's pretty disappointing.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 21st May 2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 27th May 2019, 05:57 AM
Over Initiate

I'm actually quite surprised with how much I've come to enjoy Medellín.

It's kind of my jam now.

"Si te enamorooooooo~"
Old 28th May 2019, 01:31 AM
still alone Initiate

Medellin still hasn't grown on me. But Crave is fucking awesome!
Old 7th June 2019, 05:50 AM
too late Initiate

I'm really impacted with Dark Ballet. Best clip and music so far, it's very weird (in a good way).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 7th June 2019, 10:07 AM
still alone Initiate

Old 13th June 2019, 02:38 AM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
^I watched it live and she was okay for the first few seconds of Like A Prayer but then she started singing out of tune and it stayed that way. She also souded very out of breath from just walking down the stairs. Honestly, I can get why she got so much backlash since her live vocals weren't good and the performance's concept didn't save much. She was paid a lot too apparently and she got hyped up the whole night. I do think it is exaggerated to say that it ended her career like, yes it was bad but who knows what went wrong. It can happen but she simply did not deliver (vocally and performance wise) so people reacted a certain way. She just sounded very weak and if it's age then oh well.. If it was something else then one can only hope that future performances will sound better.

The masks were quite tasteless in my opinion, such as the whole political statement thing. The ESC didn't allow the contestants to make such since it's supposed to be more about the songs and fun. But then again, that's Madonna.

They edited/used a different audio for the performance on YouTube (it has some obvious autotune) and I honestly don't have a problem with that but after 200 million people hearing the live vocals, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the next thing they laugh at.

Edit: they delete many other videos of the un-edited performance but here you can check parts of Like A Prayer.
https://youtu.be/Arq5XQXuI98
https://youtu.be/FVyyZZV0UPk
Hatari (Iceland) had the Palestinian flags during their televote reveal, and Conan (Portugal) later revealed his color scheme was meant to represent the Palestinian flag. Hatari's was the most obvious, so it's still up in the air what the EBU will do with RUV (Iceland's broadcaster).

It was reported the contract was only signed the Wednesday of ESC week (May 15th), and the green room interview was actually footage from Friday's jury show. Judging by the performance, she knew what she was doing: there's no way she didn't plan from the moment the guy offered her the 1.5 million USD, but strung them along enough to not have them rescind the offer.

Like a Prayer wasn't all that bad, but Future wasn't very good. It makes sense that she was there to promote her new album, but I'm sure there were better songs. Message-wise, it made sense given her performance, but still. Haha.
Old 24th June 2019, 02:33 AM
still alone Initiate

Madonna Achieves Ninth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Madame X'
Old 24th June 2019, 05:10 PM
still alone Initiate

Good for her!
Old 30th September 2019, 03:00 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Have been listening to the Music album a lot recently.
I’ve always loved what it feels like for a girl.

It resonates so well even today. Pretty amazing.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 4th October 2019, 07:16 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Not a huge fans of her newest album. There are a few tracks that is very experimental, and i love her courage and creativity for that, that's the credit that I need to give her. But there are a few tracks, which I can imagine she wanted to do it grand, glamour, epic (ie God controls) and to break through a stereotypical "pop" song's structure, but i don't think it works for me

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Tags
give me all your luvin', madonna, mdna