Marina & The Diamonds ~Radioactive~Electra Heart<3~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 26th February 2015, 05:55 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I've only listened to Froot and Happy... A friend of mine was obsessed over I'm a Ruin and the mv, but I always forget to watch it lol

Probably I'll go her concert on a festival here in Sao Paulo, Lollapalooza Ansious!

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 27th February 2015, 01:53 AM
Far away Initiate

^ I won't i'll have to rely on Multishow to see it.

As for the album, yes, i listened the whole thing and it's lovely. Better Than That is one of the best tracks imo and some say it's about Ellie Goulding and her "betrayal" on Marina. Some of the songs have really good/strong lyrics, like Solitaire, Can't Pin Me Down, Better Than That and Savages.
Old 27th February 2015, 04:08 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I listened to the album. I thought it was actually a pretty big letdown, lol, considering the two albums it follows. It's not bad per se. You can tell she put a lot of effort into the tracks, and it's definitely, definitely her most polished album. But it's also just really boring. None of the tracks are really that exciting, and nothing is melodically all that intriguing. Basically it's all been there, done that. Like, Electra Heart had a lot of strong tracks that all held a unique place in the album tracklist. TFJ had tons of quirky melodies and progressions that hold your attention as you listen to the songs. But FROOT is all just... background music really. It's just super same same within itself and nothing new for her discography sadly. The album track highlights imo were Blue and Forget just because they were a little bit fun instead of the rest which is just mopey, and even those have terribly awkward lyrics and aren't really that exciting lol. If you really, really like the promo tracks, then you'll probably like the album since everything on it is basically the same song repeated 11 times.

Also, sorry RealLight, but I have to disagree with you about the lyrics. XD Marina is a painfully, painfully awkward lyricist on this album. She did OK with Electra Heart because it was meant to be tongue in cheek, but the lyrics here are all meant straight seriously and I feel like she can't really handle that sort of writing at all. However, it seems like you're not a native English speaker, so I'm guessing it's harder for you to hear how awkward and incompetent all the lyrics sound to a native ear.
Old 16th March 2015, 06:16 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I gave it a listen and I still really like froot (the song). I think the album is really sonically consistent and the lyrics are kinda nice. I agree that all the songs sound the same but maybe the album was meant to be listened to in full and it's just one big song. I think that's a very interesting concept actually. An album that focuses more on one big thing than individual things. Luckily the songs do have some differences in them so that they can be differentiated.
Also, besides froot, I like blue, forget, gold, and immortal.
Old 16th March 2015, 07:16 PM
End of the World Initiate

I've not listened to the whole album yet but I'm just... not that exited really. Aside from FROOT I've not really liked the preview tracks or the ones that came out in the last few days. At least Electra Heart was fun even if it wasn't that great compared to TFJ.

I was so so excited when FROOT (the song) came out, it was a bit silly and kind of had the best of EH and TFJ. When that living la dolce vita part comes in, it's great. The rest of the songs were such a let down.

Even based on the songs I've heard I have agree about the lyrics, Immortal was just so cringe inducing.

I just find it so hard to believe this is the same person who gave us gems like Mowgli's Road, Obsessions and Oh No!. I'm going to go and actually listen to the album now....

edit: ok wtf is Happy doing as track #1 on this album???????

Last edited by relmy; 16th March 2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 28th April 2015, 12:32 AM
too late Initiate

I actually love Froot. It's a great album.

Savages, I'm a Ruin, Solitaire, Forget ... okay, I kind of love every song except Gold.

Old 28th April 2015, 04:26 AM
appears Initiate

I'm not disappointed with the album, cause there aren't any songs I hate, but I am disappointed that I'm not listening to the album more. The whole album sounds like Electra Heart left over tracks. They're not bad, but I don't absolutely love any song in particular, it's all just an okay album.

It's just like A ONE with ayu in the sense that no songs are dangerously awesome or experimental or different, They're all just kind of there...Nice, but not great.
Old 28th April 2015, 06:21 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

In the end Gold has grown on me a lot. It's such a chill song. I could lounge and listen to it all day.
Old 30th April 2015, 04:28 PM
End of the World Initiate

How is the song FROOT so good but the album so forgettable?

I quite like the first half of the album, up to and including Gold (sometimes I like Can't Pin Me Down) but everything after that is just another version of a song on the first half of the album with the bad luck of being later on the tracklist. :/
Old 30th April 2015, 05:39 PM
Heartplace Initiate

^ Right? That's how I feel lol. It's such a polished album, and the songs are all pretty solid (excluding some cringe-y lyrics) but as a whole listen it's reeeally flat and starts to feel like one long song once you get into the second half.
Old 30th April 2015, 06:51 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way, sometimes I forget the album exists and when a song comes on shuffle it's hard to remember its name or how the song goes at all...

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 9th May 2015, 10:34 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Went to her concert in Hamburg 2 days ago and it was just mind blowing: them abs, them arms, them breast, that persona, that voice and that live sound. a
she sang a good mix of all three records, and I still hate myself for missing the Lonel Hearts Club Tour now. However, she started with Bubblegum Bitch and that one was as awsoem as on the CD lol She said the show is a introduction to FROOT which will be followed up by the Neon nature Tour later this year. She is also planning to re-relase FROOt with some more songs.

I'm a Ruin live in Hamburg
Old 9th May 2015, 10:56 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm really looking forward to the re-release!
I can finally buy the album physically now tbh
Old 30th May 2015, 09:38 AM
Dolls Initiate

I listened to Froot and I really like some songs. Its my first album of hers and I don.t have anything else to compare with. The title track been on replay for the last few days ))
Her vocals are really nice too.
Old 7th June 2015, 02:26 PM
TO BE Initiate

I like the album a lot, it's light years ahead of her first two albums. Of course I like the title track, "Happy" and "I'm a Ruin". "Savages" and "Immortal" are also excellent. The rest isn't very memorable, but it's all pretty decent. Nothing that remarkable, but nothing offensively bad either.

Not really looking forward to the re-release. It's a tacky move. Move onto a new album please.
Old 7th November 2018, 10:48 PM
I am... Initiate

Any fans still around? haha
She has dropped "& the Diamonds" from her name and now just goes by Marina.

She's just released a new song with Clean Bandit and Luis Fonsi called Baby

Last year she also collaborated with Clean Bandit on a song called Disconnect

Old 9th February 2019, 05:44 AM
I am... Initiate

Marina's new single Handmade Heaven:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiOGlYjKgX8
(video embedding has been disabled)
Old 15th February 2019, 04:33 AM
I am... Initiate

Double Album LOVE+FEAR out April 26. (8 tracks each)

Tracklist- LOVE:
1. Handmade Heaven
2. Superstar
3. Orange Trees
4. Baby (with Clean Bandit)
5. Enjoy Your Life
6. True
7. To Be Human
8. End of the Earth

FEAR:
9. Believe in Love
10. Life is Strange
11. You
12. Karma
13. Emotional Machine
14. Too Afraid
15. No More Suckers
16. Soft to Be Strong

+ UK and North America tour
Spoiler:

On twitter she wrote, "I’m creating a very different show to what I’ve done before. Excited." and that there will be more tour dates added for other countries.
Old 15th February 2019, 05:33 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

I really like Handmade Heaven, so I am pretty excited what she comes up with.
The album cover looks pretty. Only April 26 so far away tho....

Old 2nd March 2019, 01:33 AM
I am... Initiate

New song released already!

Superstar