About Ayumi lip-synching - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 16th June 2006, 07:50 PM
MY ALL Initiate

About Ayumi lip-synching

I know it's not common that she does, but it has happened. I suspect there's already a thread like this somewhere, I could not find any. I belive this can be a thread of it's own.

I do not blame her for it and I do not care, she got her reasons. I simply want to know, I enjoy knowledge .

I am amazed by the Japanese "live" culture, TV shows and concerts is always live. In the US/Europe entire concerts being lip-synched is not too uncommon, and TV show apperances are rarely live.

I'm quite sure she has never ever lip-synched during a concert, it's often VERY obvious when artists do. But I haven's seen all her concerts yet (CT 2000, AT2k3-2k4), I'm saving some of them for later, even though I have them all.

Does anyone know if she ever lip-synched during a concert?

Here's some examples where she lip-synched during TV performances:

SEASONS@Morning Museum, it's really obvious in this one, they even used the original CD track.

AUDIENCE@Music Station 20.10.00, for this song she sings over her own voice, the track that is playing in the background has her voice in it but she is not lip-synching. The crowd is completely crazy so towards the end she forgets that her own voice is playing together with the instrumental track and removes the mic from her mouth. Funny, because she notices her mistake immediately .

Some people say that theme of a-nation '03 during CDL 2k5-2k6 was lip-synched, last time I watched the DVD was yesterday, I can't really judge if it is or not. Possibly they did something like with the AUDIENCE performance mentioned above.

Some people blame her to be lip-synching as soon as she is wearing a head-mic, for example GAME/my name's WOMEN/About You of AT2k5, after watching the DVD an unhealthy amount of times I'm completely sure those are not lip-synched.

I do not want posts like "OMG!!! I KNOW SHE LIP SYNCHED THIS OR THAT SONG THERE AND THEN!!!" in this thread, so please refrain from them .

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 16th June 2006, 08:01 PM
spacelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel
Some people say that theme of a-nation '03 during CDL 2k5-2k6 was lip-synched, last time I watched the DVD was yesterday, I can't really judge if it is or not. Possibly they did something like with the AUDIENCE performance mentioned above.
With the CDL performance of theme of a-nation, you can tell she was lip-synching on the tv version because she forgot some of the words ^.^;; Or maybe she was singing w/ a loud backing track? The world may never know...
Old 16th June 2006, 08:03 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Hmm, I will watch the TV version again some time soon, it was a long time ago I did, to check if I can notice anything.

Old 16th June 2006, 08:08 PM
BEST Initiate

Omg that performance of Audience was her best ever O_O

I'm not really sure if that counts as lip-synching though. She did sing it... it was more as a backup vocal or something... she also used it when she performed Fly High at the Japan Gold Disk Awards on the same year, except she let it sing about half the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTwBw...i%20fly%20high

She lip-synched one line in HAPPY ENDING @ her AT2005 tour when she was acting "very emotionally", but other than that, it's very hard to tell. Many artist usually lip-synch during ballads to "rest".
Old 16th June 2006, 08:16 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora
She lip-synched one line in HAPPY ENDING @ her AT2005 tour when she was acting "very emotionally".
How did you notice? I need to know because to me it seems like it's not and I doubt she'd lip-synch just one line.

*watches Fly High*

Old 16th June 2006, 08:23 PM
BEST Initiate

There were heaps of talk about it when it came out. It happens right after that guy is taken away (so she's supposed to cry [which makes it difficult to sing hence why just the one line]). You can tell because the vocals are much clearer and louder, then return to normal.

Simple theatrical matter
Old 16th June 2006, 08:39 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Thanks for telling me, I will think about it the next time I watch it, probably easier to notice when I know.

I watched the Fly High performance, it seemed like she was really bothered by something or didn't feel well, she seemed confused overall, especially after the song. Or is it just my imagination ?

In the beginning, during the rap part when she isn't singing, it looks like someone walks up to her and tells her to, or is that just someone in the background?

Old 16th June 2006, 08:44 PM
BEST Initiate

omg immel! Already over 1000 posts Congrats!

I didn't notice that person, but she usually has funny looks after performances lol. During some dubbed parts she sung them while others she didn't, so you can see why it's confusing as to why there are even dubbed parts in there. I really have no idea.... *goes to watch again*
Old 16th June 2006, 08:48 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora
omg immel! Already over 1000 posts Congrats!
Thanks, hehe.
Quote:
I didn't notice that person
It's precicely when she starts singing in the rap part, the camera is moving wildly but it seems like someone enters from the left side and right at that time she starts singing, looking down.

Old 16th June 2006, 08:53 PM
BEST Initiate

^I think the gap between her finishing singing and understanding the persons comment is way too short...

or she couldn't gone "what the?!" and forgot to sing A bit confusing but very observant nonetheless O_o
Old 16th June 2006, 09:18 PM
spacelion

Quote:
Thanks, hehe.

It's precicely when she starts singing in the rap part, the camera is moving wildly but it seems like someone enters from the left side and right at that time she starts singing, looking down.
Yeah who was that guy? It looked like he was trying to fix her mic! (He probably thought it was broken hence she started singing? ^.^;; Or maybe it was some obssessed fan? Either way it would freak me out!
Old 16th June 2006, 09:25 PM
MY ALL Initiate

^hehe, yeah.

@Yukitora - Just to make sure we're thinking about the same moment, it's at 02:15 in the video. It's someone entering the screen and it looks like Ayu looks at him and then starts singing, it can just be someone who happened to walk into the camera, I don't know.

Image of the guy - really low quality x_x

Old 16th June 2006, 10:22 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Some people blame her to be lip-synching as soon as she is wearing a head-mic, for example GAME/my name's WOMEN/About You of AT2k5, after watching the DVD an unhealthy amount of times I'm completely sure those are not lip-synched.
Ok that is so wrong! Remember Trauma from CDL 2004-2005? She forgot the words? Well, there is no way that is lip synced and she was wearing a head mic.

Ayu does do it sometimes (all singers do) I noticed in Beautiful Fighters that some of her lip movements were way off!

Anyway, I've never seen her lip sync to my knowledge. At least if she does do it she's smart enough not to get caught!

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 16th June 2006, 10:26 PM
winding road Initiate

^......ALL, and i mean ALLL of her pvs have her lip-synch. like in rainy day, watch the chorus, and she sings...and turns away as the music (and her voice) still goes on and on and on....
btw, the audience link was funny XD

also, i DID think that HAPPY ENDING was perfect...a bit TOO perfect O.o;;;;;.....
Old 16th June 2006, 10:32 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Yeah, PVs are always lip-synched for all artists, because else it'd be impossible to make them the way they are made. A PV isn't a live performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora2522
also, i DID think that HAPPY ENDING was perfect...a bit TOO perfect O.o;;;;;.....
Many artists are at their best when singing ballads, ballads are often made to fit their singing capabilities perfectly and can often sound perfect compared to other songs that might be harder to sing live, I think.

Last edited by immel; 16th June 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 16th June 2006, 10:40 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Many artists are at their best when singing ballads, ballads are often made to fit their singing capabilities perfectly and can often sound perfect compared to other songs that might be harder to sing live, I think.
ah...that may explain it. thx ^.^

XD i'm watching the 'fry high' performance (seriously, alot of japanese people need help on their engurishu). as with the audience, some vocal parts are dissonant w/ the soundtrack vocals. i'm not sure about the guy...maybe he's checking her mic?
Old 17th June 2006, 12:30 AM
Daybreak Initiate

immel you always have too much too post about XP

- - -

Thanks for showing these. I was'nt sure which performances she lip-synced at.

Haha, that wa funny on AUDIENCE.
Old 17th June 2006, 12:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Actually, look at the end of HAPPY ENDING in AT05.

It goes from Ayu's own voice, to the CD track [last line.. 'sore something watashi..]

Technically that's not lipsynching since it's just one line.. xD
Old 17th June 2006, 12:37 AM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel
immel you always have too much too post about XP
Sorry...

I'll just go hide in some random dustbin.

Old 17th June 2006, 06:22 AM
Daybreak Initiate

YAY!