[2006] Does AYU smoke? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 3rd July 2006, 05:19 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX
Yeah, there was pictures of Ayu smoking. (I believe it was her birthday) Was she smoking a cigar or a cigarette? Not sure. I doubt that she's a regular smoker if she really do smoke. Because if she did smoke everyday, her voice would have turned out like Mika Nakashima's...
She actually hav a sexy low voice...

I am just curious whether Ayu smoke or not..and I wanna know the answer..for people who replied/commented correctly, according to the question..thank you..

for people who keep posting things like : does it matter? Its her life... and anything that runs along that line...please read the question I posted again in my 1st post.. I didn't wanna hear anything more than those.why? cuz i see some ppl arguing over some things which wasn't the pourpose of this thread..

「 訳もなく泣けてくるのは。冬のせいかも知れない。」

Last edited by devilayu; 4th July 2006 at 03:48 AM.
Old 3rd July 2006, 06:30 AM
As if.. Initiate

Those answer that say "it's her life, I don't care" are really lame if you ask me. If someone ask "Does she smoke?", a good answer will be "Yes she does", "No she doesn't", or simply "I don't know."

Remember, there's no stupid question but only stupid answer. Don't imply your way of thinking on someone else, they just want a clear answer, not what you think about it. The more you write about what you think, the more likely this all will become a huge debate like it used to be because people like others to think like themselves.

Lastly, here's the picture from A Book where she looks like she's smoking but she isn't, don't tell me you gonna believe he's a guy now because of those moustache (same applies to her cigar):

Oh to the question, my answer is "I don't know".

Channel-Ai
an Ai Otsuka forum

Old 3rd July 2006, 06:42 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Pulsar, things like this cannot be helped. If people have something on their mind in regards to the topic, they will say it...I mean...look how many threads end up with, "I think she had plastic surgery...NO SHE DIDN'T AYU IS NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON..." (I'm personally waiting for people to start talking about how they have a right to express their opinions...)

Your question has been asked, and the answers are always the same. It's just like the surgery threads, I don't think anyone can ever be sure unless Ayu tells us herself.

i already said...I think she does every now and then. It is EXTREMELY popular in Japan to smoke, and most of the country does it. I'm sure she at least knows how.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 3rd July 2006, 10:55 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yys113
Those answer that say "it's her life, I don't care" are really lame if you ask me. If someone ask "Does she smoke?", a good answer will be "Yes she does", "No she doesn't", or simply "I don't know."
Lame is rating what is a good or bad answer. People have the right to voice what they want. A lot of users seem extremely bothered by the fact ayu probably smokes and they try to find a definite answer, probably to ease their feelings about the matter. Yes or no answers here can be rather biased sometimes based on how people feel about smoking. Some people almost treat smokers like criminals, getting into denial about the possibility of ayu smoking.
Why do people need so much to know whether she smoke or not? For me their intention is probably just for them to either get annoyed or relieved by ayu smoking or not smoking. Maybe it's just me, but I find it rather discriminatory to rate someone as a smoker and look down on them just because of the habit. I find smoking bad and I do encourage people not to smoke, but I won't get annoyed when I discover someone I know smokes. It's their life and they do what they want, as long as they aren't causing problems to other people (alcohol abuse, disrespectful smokers, etc). I can explain to them about the risks and such but I won't look down on that person just because they've just chosen to do that.
Seeing 1 pic or 2 of ayu smoking still isn't an answer to tell whether she smokes or not. What if those photoshoots have actually caught one of the very few times she decided to just try a cigarette? Does drinking one beer on your entire life makes you an alcoholist?
There will never be a definite answer unless we clearly see ayumi smoking regularly, like in the case of artists such as KEIKO (who will actually make references to smoking). so far, there's not such a definite answer.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 3rd July 2006, 02:51 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Yeah, the whole point of a forum is so that we can talk about the related issue and expand upon it. I dunno, that might make us more enriched individuals if we listen to others rather than just tossing their supposedly 'stupid' answers to the sides.

As for me, I would have no idea. I've never seen her with a cigarette in hand in any pictures. I don't like smoking, but in Japan, it's really not a big deal. For a singer, it's rather risky and MAY be detrimental to her voice, but hey, so long as she has it under control. Her voice could be lower for any reason: getting older, conscious style change, et cetera. I honestly think she doesn't have the same clarity as she did at the beginning of her career (when she sings live, this is most apparent to me), but is it because of smoking? I don't know.
Old 3rd July 2006, 03:06 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yys113

Remember, there's no stupid question but only stupid answer. Don't imply your way of thinking on someone else, they just want a clear answer, not what you think about it. The more you write about what you think, the more likely this all will become a huge debate like it used to be because people like others to think like themselves.

Lastly, here's the picture from A Book where she looks like she's smoking but she isn't, don't tell me you gonna believe he's a guy now because of those moustache (same applies to her cigar):

Oh to the question, my answer is "I don't know".
OMG..u totally said all I wanted to sae...lol...

And yes I get wad some of you mean..a thought came to you and you simply just typed it out..but HEY!..All that I really want to sae on the previous post was..dun go off topic....yea...peace

「 訳もなく泣けてくるのは。冬のせいかも知れない。」
Old 3rd July 2006, 03:55 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
Mika Nakashima's vocals sound like that because she's a very shy person, not because of cigarettes. It's noticeable how she gets nervous when she sings, how she doesn't interact much in stages and how she can be rather clumsy on live shows. That's typical of someone who's anxyous. That's not because of cigarettes. For cigarettes to cause restriction of lung capacity and damage to the larynx, it needs years and years of regular smoking. Being nakashima that young, and I assume she isn't really a heavy smoker, you can't really blame the cigarettes for her vocals sounding the way they do. Maybe in 30 years or so we can make such assumptions but it's not like someone smokes 1 cigarette today and they will already have severe vocal impairment. (I honestly don't see any other problem in her vocals, they sound clean and nice. She does have signs of anxiety when singing sometimes though. And her last song, her voice is a little hoarse but well, I don't think it was smoking)
You have just written down my thoughts and opinion
Thanks for that, you're Mika's defender
I guess she's smoking because of the nerves, she's a bit nervous and as you have said anxious person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsar
She actually hav a sexy low voice.
Definitely agree

sorry for oftopic

if it comes to Ayu, thanks for the pic of 'male' Ayu. IMO, such discussions are pointless, because until Ayu by herself will tell in interview she is a smoker, it'll be just a speculation.
Old 3rd July 2006, 05:54 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Out of pure speculation from what I have seen and read, no, she is not a smoker.

I'm very sure she has tried smoking though, more than once, at some point in her life.

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 3rd July 2006, 07:07 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
Some people smoke cigarettes once in a blue moon. That's probably the case of ayu. Anyway, does it really matter if she smokes or not? It's her body and she does whatever she wants to it.

Mika Nakashima's vocals sound like that because she's a very shy person, not because of cigarettes. It's noticeable how she gets nervous when she sings, how she doesn't interact much in stages and how she can be rather clumsy on live shows. That's typical of someone who's anxyous. That's not because of cigarettes. For cigarettes to cause restriction of lung capacity and damage to the larynx, it needs years and years of regular smoking. Being nakashima that young, and I assume she isn't really a heavy smoker, you can't really blame the cigarettes for her vocals sounding the way they do. Maybe in 30 years or so we can make such assumptions but it's not like someone smokes 1 cigarette today and they will already have severe vocal impairment. (I honestly don't see any other problem in her vocals, they sound clean and nice. She does have signs of anxiety when singing sometimes though. And her last song, her voice is a little hoarse but well, I don't think it was smoking)
I was more talking about the CD version, than on live shows... I never heard her sing in TV performances. =/

Girls' Generation is .

Old 4th July 2006, 05:46 PM
No way to say Initiate

I personally think that IF she does, it's on rare occasions, like if she's at a party or something. Think about it: Don't you think that if she was a heavy smoker, she wouldn't be able to do all that singing and dancing under all of those hot lights while wearing clothes that could be tight and uncomfortable?

If she was a moderate smoker in the past, she could've thought about her career and lightened up on it.

BUT there is no proof, so I'm just stating what I think. You should all know that everything I probably said in this post is not necessarily true.
Old 4th July 2006, 06:43 PM
no more words Initiate

I'm thinking the same, she surely tried smoking, she might be smoking on occasions, but I guess if not she herself decided to completly drop it, then Avex would press her to not smoke, obviously due to voice issues.
Old 7th July 2006, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Venus
I personally think that IF she does, it's on rare occasions, like if she's at a party or something. Think about it: Don't you think that if she was a heavy smoker, she wouldn't be able to do all that singing and dancing under all of those hot lights while wearing clothes that could be tight and uncomfortable?

If she was a moderate smoker in the past, she could've thought about her career and lightened up on it.

BUT there is no proof, so I'm just stating what I think. You should all know that everything I probably said in this post is not necessarily true.
Nice point, yet it's quite obvious we can't prove that Ayu smokes or not.. Lol
Old 14th July 2006, 07:14 PM
spacelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Venus

Well Namie Amuro used to smoke and she did heavy singing and dancing. She winded up quitting when she got pregnant though.

But I think Ayu smokes...in private.
Old 14th July 2006, 09:01 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

there have not been any official word that she is a smoker and there wont be one... why? because they have to protect her image...

all the other things that have been said are only rumors and speculation... if any1 wants a definate answer, forget it...

Ichi Rittoru no Namida
One Litre of Tears

Old 16th July 2006, 03:02 AM
BEST Initiate

Curious Question: Why do they have to protect Ayu's image and didn't protect Namie Amuro's image?

[off topic (about Mika), sorry]

I basically think that after debuting and singing for so many years, Mika shouldn't feel as anxious as she was before, which is really not a reason why she's not so great on live performances. Her voice cracks on every performances! ie: On her glamorous sky perfs, her voice cracked severely on every live. The acoustic version of the song just made her voice sound worse than the original version.

To the question: I really don't know if she smokes or not and I don't think you should believe in anybody's answer until Ayu says so herself =P

Last edited by zeroshin888; 16th July 2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 16th July 2006, 07:53 AM
Over Initiate

I think Namie is different than the image of Ayu, Namie is like trasgresive, tattoes and smoke..Ayu was like an innocent and correct model of teenagers, dont know how to explain better sorry -.- I am not against anyone who smoke or have tatooes =) Namie is my fave all the time =) but its so stupid that artists have to protect their image, why should they hide that they smoke? it will ruin the image?? why??? they are persons like us that instead of have a "ordinary" job they have another job...

Amazing Set by JpopDream <3
Old 16th July 2006, 08:12 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^^i don't think it would ruin her image now...i mean...people already think she's a fake doll...

would it be worse to be a fake doll who smokes...when everyone around you smokes anyway?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 16th July 2006, 08:47 AM
Over Initiate

I completely agree, she is a fake doll everyone know that she is not the same person u see on tv (or at least I hope everyone knows that) so if she smokes I dont think she needs to hide it anyway, she is on legal age so who cares?

Old 16th July 2006, 09:32 AM
Introduction Initiate

This opinion is based only on the assumption that Smoking is looked down upon in Japan like it is in the USA.

If it is publicized that Ayu smokes i think it would damage her reputation severely, young kids who've been told their whole life that smoking is bad would shy away from ayu. Ayu's fanbase is comprised of a good portion of young kids, and if they start going away from her the sales would hurt for sure. So if I were managing Ayu i would try hard to hide her smoking(if she actually does).

With that being said back to the OP's question, i don't believe that Ayu is a smoker, like others have said I'm sure shes done it on multiple occasions but probably not regularly. If she is a smoker they are doing a pretty good job covering it up.
Old 16th July 2006, 10:46 AM
Over Initiate

well I think its stupid, I dont like smoking actually but I think its wrong to do it but who cares if my fave artists do it, my life continue even if they smoke, I like their music so as long as they continue to do it I will listen to them, smokers or not, actually those fans who would go away from Ayu if she smoke are not real fans, they are obsessed by the person not by the music, because they think its perfect, but no one is perfect in this world. I am sure all my fave artists have a dark side and part that are bad and if I would know them I would get hurt by they selfishness and so on but I dont care because I like the music, I dont search for their perfection =)