[News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [III] - Page 29 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2021, 04:25 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I saw on twitter that all the version of the album were out of stock in several stores like HMV so I assume they really didn't expect it to sell so the stock was low.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 12th April 2021, 02:01 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKathy View Post
Like Hikaru Utada. Her song has 25 million views. But I believe it's because of Evangelion. Give the opening theme of Attack on Titan to Ayu, and she will have 100m views. Just kidding, but yeah..
I think she’d have more luck with Jujutsu Kaisen, but I do wish she’d do a major anime/videogame tie-up again. It would seriously help.
Old 12th April 2021, 06:28 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
Let's recap a few things about the japanese music industry right now... Last year only 3 female solo acts (JUJU, LiSA and Milet) topped #1 for albums on Oricon. If we go to the single chart, only 2 (Mariya Takeuchi and LiSA). If Ayu gets the #1 with A BALLADS 2 she will be the first female solo act to get the #1 for album this year so far. So this shows how much female solo acts are not selling at all in Japan. And for streamings, Ayu is doing pretty well (better then most acts from her same generation - except for Utada that alrrady got 10millions streams on her latest song). So maybe is - more than - time to wake up and face the reality and stop being bitter about her not selling 100k.
Que pedrada. Assim você me mata.
Old 12th April 2021, 06:32 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
Wait, first female solo to get number 1 album this year? Utada’s latest album did not reach 1 on the first day?
It peaked at #2 and looking at how it is selling it gives me the impression that animes tie-in are driving the sales for solo acts. The solo male singers from the EXILE TRIBE from this generation are reaching 50K maximum from what I saw though.
Old 12th April 2021, 09:10 AM
As if.. Initiate

Yeah, like LiSA, and I saw how Ku’s most streamed song on Spotify is the one she sang for Black Clover.

If she can get a tie in for One Piece, My Hero or even Black Clover.. that will be great
Old 12th April 2021, 01:56 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
I saw on twitter that all the version of the album were out of stock in several stores like HMV so I assume they really didn't expect it to sell so the stock was low.
If this is true then maybe we will see an increase this week?

She’s 7th (11 April 2021)
Old 12th April 2021, 09:44 PM
appears Initiate

Billboard Japan for the period of 2021/4/5~4/11

#3 A BALLADS - 11,584

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/98918/2
Old 12th April 2021, 10:11 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

Quote:
If this is true then maybe we will see an increase this week?

She’s 7th (11 April 2021)
Hope it is indeed because of a lot of people buying it and not because of a lack of stocks due to the covid situation...
Old 13th April 2021, 12:44 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

A BALLADS 2 is at #3 on the Oricon Weekly Album Ranking with 11k copies sold, making it Ayu's 53rd TOP10 album.
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2190231/full/

Old 13th April 2021, 01:05 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I find the sales + position to be great for what this album is tbh. I think It’s what avex expected as well. Probably it’ll reach 15k+ so yeah, congrats to Ayu!
On the other hand, the possibility that the numbers have anything to do with the contents of this album and they’ll keep dropping kinda scares* me. I believe she would do great (20k+) with a studio album but who knows...

*im kinda traumatized because Tommy heavenly stopped releasing music due to low sales. It’s all her fault.

Edit: anyway, why should I worry about physical sales at all? Lol She’s doing great on streaming. I forget we’re in 2021.

Last edited by Toniayu123; 13th April 2021 at 01:08 AM.
Old 13th April 2021, 01:26 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It sold similar to A7 Classical which probably cost the same thing to do(But the price of A ballads 2 is much more expensive)
Old 13th April 2021, 01:34 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

My copy has arrived in Canada! It has an small postcard with it of alternate cover. Can't wait to listen to this remastered version in the car .
Old 13th April 2021, 01:40 AM
Initiate

Unboxing video of TA version 2 cd/2 dvd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ztKYfgIb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post

*im kinda traumatized because Tommy heavenly stopped releasing music due to low sales.
Yeah, the worst part is that she keeps teasing that there's new music coming but then doesn't follow through. She answers questions online all the time but always dodges questions about new music and just releases goods that nobody asked for. I think people would rediscover Tommy and get some sales if they put out a new buriguri album, but that probably won't happen....

Last edited by AJFmzk; 13th April 2021 at 01:45 AM.
Old 13th April 2021, 04:34 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Looks like avex knew since the beginning it wasn't become a best-seller. Hmmm... Is it going to reach 15K or 20K?
Old 13th April 2021, 09:09 AM
Lelio Protector

I’m not sure it’s only ayu though.

I’m hearing around that recently Avex is in a pinch and it has money problems.
Rather than physical CDs, at least with ayu they try to get money from lives (which became a problem because of corona) and selling goods (and I suppose online stuff). That’s why I also think ayu concentrated on touring rather than making new music these past couple of years.

I’m not sure about other avex acts though, avex is nowhere and nowhere in the leading acts label nowadays unfortunately.
Old 13th April 2021, 09:19 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I’m not sure it’s only ayu though.

I’m hearing around that recently Avex is in a pinch and it has money problems.
Rather than physical CDs, at least with ayu they try to get money from lives (which became a problem because of corona) and selling goods (and I suppose online stuff). That’s why I also think ayu concentrated on touring rather than making new music these past couple of years.

I’m not sure about other avex acts though, avex is nowhere and nowhere in the leading acts label nowadays unfortunately.
Guess it's more a "Anything Goes" stuff, but I was curious about that: if avex breaks for good, what Ayu should do? Signing with a new label? Making her own label and hiring some management to arrange her live shows (like Madonna did with Live Nation)?

I know it's a hypothetical and strange scenery, but I was thinking about that a lot since avex financial issues popped up a while ago.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 13th April 2021, 10:19 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Guess it's more a "Anything Goes" stuff, but I was curious about that: if avex breaks for good, what Ayu should do? Signing with a new label? Making her own label and hiring some management to arrange her live shows (like Madonna did with Live Nation)?

I know it's a hypothetical and strange scenery, but I was thinking about that a lot since avex financial issues popped up a while ago.
When artists make their own label... it rarely boosts them.
Old 13th April 2021, 12:52 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

A BALLADS 2 first week position & sales - #3 ; 10,984

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7300675695

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 13th April 2021, 04:37 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
I find the sales + position to be great for what this album is tbh. I think It’s what avex expected as well. Probably it’ll reach 15k+ so yeah, congrats to Ayu!
On the other hand, the possibility that the numbers have anything to do with the contents of this album and they’ll keep dropping kinda scares* me. I believe she would do great (20k+) with a studio album but who knows...

*im kinda traumatized because Tommy heavenly stopped releasing music due to low sales. It’s all her fault.

Edit: anyway, why should I worry about physical sales at all? Lol She’s doing great on streaming. I forget we’re in 2021.
Ok who’s tommy?
Old 13th April 2021, 05:01 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Ok who’s tommy?

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Closed Thread

Tags