New song:『Pray for you』 - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 14th February 2021, 08:00 PM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
i'm looking forward to the bit of action happening in her career again.
I'm really happy for this too, really. I'm pretty sure this is only happening because Avex can't hold concerts safely yet, but I still hope they make the most out of adding a long-awaited additional best album to Ayu's discography.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 18th February 2021, 08:36 PM
Akutenshi's Avatar
Akutenshi Akutenshi is offline
monochrome Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post


Words are important, and "in my opinion/from my perspective" are used to differentiate between you acknowledging that other people think differently and you think that's fine, or you thinking what you are saying is fact and you judge those who think differently.

We seem to have a problem with people misunderstanding why it's important to use words to explain their point better. People here aren't your friends, they barely know you. If you walk into a room irl and say something like "x artist has gotten really bland" then you'll get the same response from strangers if they like that artist. It's more likely you'd say "Well, their last song wasn't my thing, for x y and z", which is what you say to welcome discussion and not seem like you're preemptively shooting it down.

Is it unnecessary? Well, since people are commenting that they needed to repeat that they do consider it just their opinion, I personally wouldn't say it is. If multiple people are misunderstanding you consistently then sometimes it's good to look at the finer details of the wording you're using to make sure you're representing yourself in the best way.

After Zeke's signature back in the day I really thought on why we would see consistent debates on his wording, and this is the big key difference really. If you're allowing yourself to be open to discussion and other people's opinions, then say so, because people don't know you and won't assume the best. And everyone here has had bad experiences of being told their taste is shit point blank lmao, unfortunately not everyone comes onto a forum wanting a discussion and it's just the reality of things that we have to signal when we do or that we know not everyone thinks the same as us.


This is amazingly off-topic but since it's on the topic of AHS as a community, I'll roll with it. My apologies to those coming here for Pray for you news
While I can understand what you're saying, what makes it any different from people just saying "this song is great"? Because it's a positive expression and not a negative one, the same rules don't apply?

You touched on people feeling like they're being judged by someone who says "this is bland/bad/etc", but why then is it acceptable to judge those who voice negative opinions? I expressed a negative opinion, and a whole conversation was started with people quoting me shooting down my opinion. I didn't approach the conversation this way - I didn't quote a bunch of people who enjoy the song so far and shoot them down. Why is the standard not applicable here? That's my problem with this whole situation. And this doesn't just happen to me. I've been on this forum for 15 years - this has often been a situation when a minority opinion is stated.

You also touched on "people don't know you and won't assume the best", and I agree. But again, the standard needs to be applicable to both sides. It's ok for people to project their assumptions onto my comment and take issue with how I express myself because they don't know me personally, but I have to adjust my thoughts and feelings for people who I don't know personally myself?

It's totally ok for people to like different things. It's also totally ok to express your feelings how you see fit. Again, I didn't personally attack or insult anybody. If people choose to view it in that lens, that's their prerogative, but I have no way of knowing the personal histories of every single member on this forum, and it also isn't my responsibility. The same way I wouldn't expect anyone to know anything about mine.

I'm sorry if I seem stubborn, I just don't think it's really that complicated. All any of us can offer are our opinions, therefore, it's a pretty safe rule of thumb to realize that a statement someone makes IS their opinion. We should all be able to state what we feel and think on a forum, as long as we aren't attacking members or breaking rules. This is the last I'll say so as to not take the topic too far away from the song anymore

Last edited by Akutenshi; 18th February 2021 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 19th February 2021, 10:31 PM
Mikytaryan's Avatar
Mikytaryan Mikytaryan is offline
Gut it-pez Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
While I can understand what you're saying, what makes it any different from people just saying "this song is great"? Because it's a positive expression and not a negative one, the same rules don't apply?
I understand that for you this sounds like you are right and you truly believe in your ideas, and for me this just feels two ways: a person that strongly believes in something and a behavior that disrespects what others feel.

I always assume that behind any behavior is a positive intent so I'm going with this, but voicing the fact that you feel everyone else is wrong it kind of disrupts the forum dynamic. And it's not just you - I know that sometimes insisting on something can be more hurtful, but I feel that in this context, what you say doesn't apply.

This is a forum indeed, a place for opinions, but it's also a place of socializing, a place where most of us have found comfort in these crazy times. Having someone disrespecting social conventions (politeness, stating beforehand things like "in my opinion", criticizing a product, not the person, etc.) is a bit hurtful. Keep in mind that we are in a social context here, and believing that everyone else should just accept and adapt to something just because for you that feels like "freedom of thought and opinion" is unrealistic.

I am sad to see that Ayu's song-gift to us has become a subject of debate for other still open wounds, but I still believe that Ayu was also a driver for unity in a common interest - and that is the wellbeing of Ayumi Hamasaki and the appreciation for the music she is still offering us. Regardless if we like the songs or not, she is still here, working, giving her best.

So, I can't wait to hear Pray and enjoy a sweet ballad during this long awaited spring

P.S. apologies if my reply is also a bit off-topic. I know that constant debates sometimes will lead to nowhere. I hope everyone can feel safe talking here, and I will also try my best to not take anything too personal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 19th February 2021, 11:21 PM
AndyF AndyF is offline
LIMIT Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 28
Even if ayu releases a new "I am..." some people here will still complain and say that this is "a bunch of uninspired songs". So in the end of the day, it's a matter of opinion and I'm really excited to hear a new song.

Last edited by AndyF; 19th February 2021 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 19th February 2021, 11:36 PM
voltron's Avatar
voltron voltron is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,676
I'm looking forward to new music, but I can't say the preview excited me a whole lot - I haven't listened to it more than once. That said, it doesn't mean that I won't grow to like or appreciate it, and her vocals definitely have a chance to change that perception.

I do totally understand people not liking this kind of song, and I'm the same way. I tend to love her power ballads and ones where she uses more of a full voice, but what becomes same-y to me is the airy ballads she has been doing for the past decade (not all of them, but a lot of them - think Days-like vocals). I think a different vocal delivery would makeup for a "classic" sounding composition.

And I don't want to get into the tone policing conversation here too much other than to say I also think there's a big difference between the younger and older members of this forum and how personally they do or do not choose to take things. And of course there are cultural differences at play, since members are from around the world. If you dislike someone raving how much they love something all the time, get over it. If you dislike someone saying something is boring or uninspired, get over it. There have been a handful of members over the years who go over the top to the extreme and come across as attention-seeking, and that I understand getting annoyed with - but otherwise this is all just discourse, and a difference of opinion is natural.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 20th February 2021, 12:43 AM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 35,368
Everyone has their preferences but often things get 'personal'. I've chosen to not really engage outside of what I feel because it's not really my business and it's just less stressful to just let people do as they do.

I will say it is annoying as hell to get attacked if you like something for christ's sake... like what is that even? lol
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 20th February 2021, 02:30 AM
DavidChaiLatte DavidChaiLatte is offline
YOU Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Everyone has their preferences but often things get 'personal'. I've chosen to not really engage outside of what I feel because it's not really my business and it's just less stressful to just let people do as they do.

I will say it is annoying as hell to get attacked if you like something for christ's sake... like what is that even? lol
I don't know... I feel like the opposite holds true here as well. People quite often get attacked for expressing their disappointment.

All in all, I think we can all agree we are still here on AHS because we all care about Ayu to various degrees. Opinions can vary but at least that is one thing all of us (99%?) have in common.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 20th February 2021, 10:06 PM
love in music's Avatar
love in music love in music is offline
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 13,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
Again, I didn't personally attack or insult anybody. If people choose to view it in that lens, that's their prerogative, but I have no way of knowing the personal histories of every single member on this forum, and it also isn't my responsibility. The same way I wouldn't expect anyone to know anything about mine.
You did though, right here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
Second, it is completely okay to not blindly praise everything your favorite artist does
You are saying that those who don't share your opinion are "blindly praising" what she does. Honestly, I've seen people say this many times to try to devalue the opinions of people who like something. They just MUST be blind fans who love everything she does to like something you don't like, right?

I think both fans who love something and fans who don't could work on being more respectful towards each other. So many times I have seen fans devalue the opinions of fans who dislike something and call them a "hater" or fans devalue the opinions of fans who like something and call them "blind".

I think in reality, most of the time fans are neither of those things. People just have different tastes and it's cool. If people could stop for a second and think "hey, they have different taste than me, that doesn't make them wrong and there's no need to devalue their opinion, in fact, I'd love to hear why their taste is different than mine" then conversations would probably go much more smoothly. When people are already devaluing someone else's opinion and writing them off to be a certain type of person, it definitely sets people up to act defensively and not want to continue to have an interesting conversation.

Last edited by love in music; 20th February 2021 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 23rd February 2021, 06:25 AM
AyuCanada AyuCanada is offline
As if.. Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 274
I keep coming to this thread every day hoping the new messages are about the song.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cdl 20-21, music for life, pray for you

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.