Ayumi Loses Number 1 Spot on Oricon - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 11th August 2005, 07:35 AM
monochrome Initiate

Yesasia had to restock the CD, so my copy of fairyland didn't even get sent out until yesterday. Maybe my CD has yet to be counted toward her sales yet ;-)
Either way I'm DYING to hear the remixes.. especially the Step You one. I previewed it on iTunes and it sounds really good.
Old 11th August 2005, 08:36 AM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakkun
You don't know what you're talking about, B'z has had 35 consecutive no.1 singles since 1994, they aren't no craze like OR.
How true. This is clearly the era of ORANGE RANGE. I wish all our purchases and overseas purchases in Asia counted toward Oricon. I think that globally, Hamasaki Ayumi is more popular than B'z, however. O.O I dunno. I could be wrong.
Old 11th August 2005, 10:46 AM
Initiate

I'm not surpirsed! I expected this. I knew, that "fairyland" is a bad single, that hе won't be good enough! I told ya` guys! And I was right! Heh, experience...

Old 11th August 2005, 10:50 AM
immature Initiate

maybe , perhaps ayu should do to a break like 12 months break and then come back with a brand new single .. im pretty sure the single will sell a lot if she does this ~~
Old 11th August 2005, 11:53 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAISKA
I'm not surpirsed! I expected this. I knew, that "fairyland" is a bad single, that h? won't be good enough! I told ya` guys! And I was right! Heh, experience...

well... it did better than STEP you/is this LOVE? so I'm not complaining. I also don't think the sales drop (a whole two spots ) had much to do with whether or not its a "bad single" considering that most people probably bought the single before hearing the entire product.

Gimme more
Old 11th August 2005, 02:01 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

This drop is expected since she is facing tough competiton this week. It's summer and a lot of singles by very popular artists are constantly churned out so having a week at number 1 in these competitive months is good enough. Step You was released in a period with less competition. Come on, The only competition she had for step you in the second week was Tackey and Tsubasa, who aren't really as legendary as B'z or (to a lesser degree) Gackt. As said by the posters here, B'z had the most No.1s for a Japanese artist and they have the record for most consecutive no. 1s... something which ayumi may have great difficulty to catch up to.
Old 11th August 2005, 02:17 PM
Because of You Initiate

it doesnt really matter what rank she is right now, wut matter is how much she sells in the week. she mite b #3 n still b able to sell 100K
Old 11th August 2005, 02:20 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Also u can't say Koda Kumi will never pass Ayumi cause Flower doesn't even have a Pv and look where is it on the charts.
That's true. With no PV, #4 is really good.

Girls' Generation is .

Old 11th August 2005, 03:31 PM
Mirror Initiate

well she has stayed #1 for quite a few days, so it is only natural that she drops to #2
sa long as she doesnt plummet to #10 real soon, it is fine
Old 11th August 2005, 04:16 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusoka
well... it did better than STEP you/is this LOVE? so I'm not complaining. I also don't think the sales drop (a whole two spots ) had much to do with whether or not its a "bad single" considering that most people probably bought the single before hearing the entire product.

I second that.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 11th August 2005, 04:28 PM
monochrome Initiate

I'm sure a million people have said this before, too, but I don't think there's any anyone should worry or be disappointed just because Ayu can't stay number 1 for weeks on end.
If you look at America's most popular artists, some of their albums don't even reach number 1, or only stay there for a short time, but the artists are still very respected, popular, and sell plenty of CDs.

Same in Japan! Ayu has been around a long time, and if you ask the average Japanese person, they'll usually say that she's just a Japanese Britney Spears or that she's already disappeared. Even though she doesn't have the best reputation and she's been around a long time, she STILL sells better than lots of the other popular artists in Japan! That is really an accomplishment in itself. Few artists in America can maintain 7 years of success like Ayu has.

If Ayu can only stay at number 1 for a week, just be content that you bought your CD and helped out in whatever way you could. It's still an accomplishment to reach number 1! Ayu's constant success rate will not allow her to be sacked by Avex, so if you're worried about her retiring from too much failure, you really don't need to worry at all.
Just keep supporting her! That's what I do for Beni, too! Her last single sold like 5000 copies and hit the number 40 spot or something, but she's still got a new single on the way, and I'll buy that one too
Old 11th August 2005, 04:35 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty518
If Ayu can only stay at number 1 for a week, just be content that you bought your CD and helped out in whatever way you could. It's still an accomplishment to reach number 1! Ayu's constant success rate will not allow her to be sacked by Avex, so if you're worried about her retiring from too much failure, you really don't need to worry at all.
very well put *applauds you*

Gimme more
Old 11th August 2005, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAISKA
I'm not surpirsed! I expected this. I knew, that "fairyland" is a bad single, that hе won't be good enough! I told ya` guys! And I was right! Heh, experience...
no you were not right. fairyland is seemingly the most succesful single from ayu since 2003. Just the fact that there are lotsa good single at this moment doesn't mean fairyland is any less than the other ones.
Old 11th August 2005, 06:52 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody!
no you were not right. fairyland is seemingly the most succesful single from ayu since 2003. Just the fact that there are lotsa good single at this moment doesn't mean fairyland is any less than the other ones.
agree! oh and anyway, B'z albums doesn't even sell as much as Ayu's..and to put it positively, it's more fun to watch fairyland's position in various rankings rather than just be in the 1st spot (just like all the hypes during STEP you/is this LOVE? )

... well as long as it ends up in #1 every week
Old 11th August 2005, 06:54 PM
ourselves Initiate

It doesen't seem to break the 400.000 though. Isen't half the sale usually the first week?
Old 11th August 2005, 06:58 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjasss
maybe , perhaps ayu should do to a break like 12 months break and then come back with a brand new single .. im pretty sure the single will sell a lot if she does this ~~
Please people, don't get mad with me, but Ayu can't do that. She's a IDOL. She's not like Utada. She needs to release a new singles always, because if she don't, her popularity will lower. OK, maybe not, but Ayu and AVEX don't believe her popularity would still be high if she gave a break because in Japan people consider her an IDOL, not a ARTIST. I'm not saying I agree with this. I really love Ayu, more than Hikki, but...
Old 11th August 2005, 07:01 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody!
Don't think so. We just have the first week sales and Inspire and Carols both did better =\.
Old 11th August 2005, 07:10 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907
Don't think so. We just have the first week sales and Inspire and Carols both did better =\.
Can you post the 1.st and second week sales for those two singles please? Anyone?
Old 11th August 2005, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907
yes they did. but something weird is going on with the singles. step you did MUCH worse than inspire and carols, but in the end, step you beated the crap out of those singles.. It';s more than logical fairyland will do the same. it will sell better than step you, which means th best single since 2003
Old 11th August 2005, 08:00 PM
P.S II Initiate

why is everyone so pessimistic?

well, not everyone...

Got Ayu?