CDL 07-08 DVD on TV News - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 14th June 2008, 02:10 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever*ayu View Post
nice...thx!

It's gonna be a DVD+Documentary package once again, how many DVDs are there?
I always love the off-shot parts of ayu practicing with her staff, etc...but it'll be better if there's english subtitled *sigh*...
according to cdjapan, there's only 1 dvd and the off shots is 'making movie'...
Old 14th June 2008, 02:18 AM
still alone Initiate

wow this DVD is LOVE ^^, it's really hi-budget something ^^

well she sounds very nice and I dun think they edited that much ... talkin' 2 myself is awesome and so do the others ^^, Sotsugyou Sashin is really nice ^^
Old 14th June 2008, 04:35 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
that looked relli good!

but it wasnt as good as her previous count downs.

thanks for sharing!
Old 14th June 2008, 05:27 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Wow! Thanks a lot!
Can't wait for the DVD!
Old 14th June 2008, 05:36 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

i have feeling, that she will announce her overseas tour date on the day CDL 07-08 release, hope it will come true!!!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 14th June 2008, 05:46 AM
End roll Initiate

Location: At the forbidden place where I am waiting to fly away
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku411 View Post
Thanks for the clip!

Hmm... I listened to the clip and the TV version alongside each other, and:

For talkin' 2 myself, she basically sounds the same as TV ver. For Boys & Girls, same thing. For both you don't hear backup vocals as much.

SURREAL sounds a little different in the DVD ver., but in the DVD ver. you hear less Peco and more Ayu. In the TV ver., you hear more back-up.

evolution sounds basically the same. For glitter, the part that the clip shows from the DVD ver. also has less Peco in the vocals, so it sounds different in some parts. The last part of the last line though sounds different from the TV ver. though, like that was tweaked a little maybe.

For Sotsugyou shashin is seems like they completely removed Peco & Princess on the DVD ver. On the TV ver. they were there, and they kinda messed up Ayu in my opinion. (I don't think Ayu sung this song bad... I thought it was pretty good.) So it gives Ayu's voice more clarity without them.

MY ALL also sounds pretty much the same also, except less backup again. So you hear more Ayu. I think they probably lessened the depth of her "desu" in the first part of the chorus, but everything else basically sounds like the TV version.

---

That said for all the songs, I think the main diff. is that the backup vocals aren't as prominent, resulting in more of Ayu's voice -- making it sound clearer and higher. This was definitely edited so Ayu's voice would be clearer, and I always did get the feeling that the backup in this CDL was a little loud.

Also, for this promo they didn't really use clips where Ayu really sounded bad and off-key. I guess we'll see how that turns out on the actual DVD.
Basically agree on what you said. The main problem of the TV version is all about those horribly loud backup vocals.

Despite Its Brightness

It Is A Gloomy Sky...

Old 14th June 2008, 06:22 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Thank you!
Glad to see the vocals are better in the DVD ^-^!
Now it will be a 100% enjoyment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu View Post
I don't want to disrespect ayu or anything but she sounded so bad on the LIVE TV version and in this clips she sounds really good!! Either the quality of the TV version just sucked or avex has been messing with vocals again...

Either way it still sounds really good
Avex obiously did some audio twitching.~~ we all know wad it was like in the TV version. =x esp for songs like "giltter" and "MY ALL'

Last edited by thesilentspeaker; 14th June 2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 14th June 2008, 06:25 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

oo thanks for the video~
Old 14th June 2008, 08:08 AM
Two of us Initiate

Wow longer than I expected. thanks!
Old 14th June 2008, 10:10 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Hmmm so basically Ayu SOUNDED NORMAL in CDL...it was just because of the LIVE TELECAST that made the BG VOCALS standout more..and this caused the songs to sound OFF...

so conclusion: it's not Ayu's fault now...

though i havent watched the TV version fully, But i'm sure glitter is editted..and the rest pretty much sound the same...(for Ayu)

[my gut feeling still tells me that AYu wasnt in tip-top condition on that night...she really sounds like she has a flu...]
Old 14th June 2008, 10:33 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku411 View Post
Thanks for the clip!

Hmm... I listened to the clip and the TV version alongside each other, and:

For talkin' 2 myself, she basically sounds the same as TV ver. For Boys & Girls, same thing. For both you don't hear backup vocals as much.

SURREAL sounds a little different in the DVD ver., but in the DVD ver. you hear less Peco and more Ayu. In the TV ver., you hear more back-up.

evolution sounds basically the same. For glitter, the part that the clip shows from the DVD ver. also has less Peco in the vocals, so it sounds different in some parts. The last part of the last line though sounds different from the TV ver. though, like that was tweaked a little maybe.

For Sotsugyou shashin is seems like they completely removed Peco & Princess on the DVD ver. On the TV ver. they were there, and they kinda messed up Ayu in my opinion. (I don't think Ayu sung this song bad... I thought it was pretty good.) So it gives Ayu's voice more clarity without them.

MY ALL also sounds pretty much the same also, except less backup again. So you hear more Ayu. I think they probably lessened the depth of her "desu" in the first part of the chorus, but everything else basically sounds like the TV version.

---

That said for all the songs, I think the main diff. is that the backup vocals aren't as prominent, resulting in more of Ayu's voice -- making it sound clearer and higher. This was definitely edited so Ayu's voice would be clearer, and I always did get the feeling that the backup in this CDL was a little loud.

Also, for this promo they didn't really use clips where Ayu really sounded bad and off-key. I guess we'll see how that turns out on the actual DVD.
Thx alot for that one!! I totaly agree. Cuz when I was there I didnt react over bad vocals. They where good imo.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 14th June 2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Hmmm so basically Ayu SOUNDED NORMAL in CDL...it was just because of the LIVE TELECAST that made the BG VOCALS standout more..and this caused the songs to sound OFF...

so conclusion: it's not Ayu's fault now...

though i havent watched the TV version fully, But i'm sure glitter is editted..and the rest pretty much sound the same...(for Ayu)

[my gut feeling still tells me that AYu wasnt in tip-top condition on that night...she really sounds like she has a flu...]

Weeeellll.. No matter how low the quality of the TV version, you can't really make someone sing off-key in certain songs and then good in others. ^^; They simply edited the songs in which she was off-key (glitter & SURREAL). Hopefully they did it to untitled ~for her~ too. ^^

They shouldnt have edited Ayu's voice during until that Day for CDL 06-07 though. It was amazing when at the end she was dancing so hard that she couldnt sing into the mic properly and you hear her voice fade. @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
^is that really necessary?
The comment or watching the DVD version so she doesn't sound like crap? Maybe crap's a bit of a large word, but she was off-key in most of the song and chorus. xP

Last edited by Melrose; 14th June 2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 14th June 2008, 11:11 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Location: Currently @ Ann Arbor, MI || originally from Hong Kong
Well, MY ALL and untitled ~for her~did sound a little off-key but Ayu was crying a lot during them as well. And there were a lot of echoes which also affected the vocals negatively. I'm sure the DVD version would sound really nice though. =D I'm really looking forward to the release!

I'm guessing that Ayu was talking about the performance in the rehearsals not being natural enough. There was something about how they "cannot do it" and the words used were quite negative. =( It seems that this CDL was very hard work for Ayu. I can't wait to see the DVD.

I was saved by the love that I tried to keep away
Set by truehappiness

Twitter || Niall is pretty (tumblr)

Old 14th June 2008, 12:27 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

ahh, i want compare the DVD with TV live version
Old 14th June 2008, 02:01 PM
Initiate

Thanks alot for the video!!
Old 14th June 2008, 02:21 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

basically, in our country there is no such promotion of new albums or concerts at all, that is why i hate slovak music...simply veeery poor standard compared to Japanese music business.
Old 14th June 2008, 06:27 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
watching the DVD version so she doesn't sound like crap? Maybe crap's a bit of a large word, but she was off-key in most of the song and chorus. xP
The comment itself really wasn't necessary. Like someone said before, she was CRYING during the performance of untitled ~for her~...why edit it? It shows her true emotions.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 14th June 2008, 06:36 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The crying sections are probably unedited.

They don't seem to edit mistakes with vocals and stuff since Ayu tends to freak out when those happen, but when she's simply singing and it's somewhat off, they strengthen the vocals and do a little audio tweaking so it's not THAT bad..

However, I don't think that people should make a big deal out of it, since people are paying for this DVD, they are going to want an "article of the finest quality", not some simply recorded and un-retouched version of Ayu in concert.

I mean, would you pay for an artist's photobook if they had stretch marks and pimples everywhere? :\ Would you want someone to use their first take singing a song on an album?
Old 14th June 2008, 07:18 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
^I personally would like to hear Ayu's voice live, un-edited on the DVD. But maybe I'm the only one.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 14th June 2008, 07:41 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Then go see her live.
Its reaaally hard to record a live show and get the recording to sound like it actually did, live.
I totaly agree with truehappiness. Since they dont edit her voice that much at all, they often just make her voice a bit more clear and lower the back-vocals.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.