NEXT LEVEL tracklist + CD2+DVD cover - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2009, 05:23 PM
Lelio Protector

^It's fine, always when we get a new album's tracklist people say it doesn't sound ayuish (even if it really fits her and does sound ayuish).
It's been like that for GUILTY, Secret, (miss)understood, MY STORY etc.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 3rd March 2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:23 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Wow, those names sound so non-Ayu
I can't wait to buy my copy
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:24 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I like the bigger cover, it looks like it suits the style of the album, which is good

"Once you turn into a memory, you exist inside me forever
& that's the cruelest thing there is..."
-18.12.08- -25.06.09- -29.02.12- -06.08.13-

. . . . . .
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:25 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Thanks a lot
I don't really know what to say about the tracklist, seems different and dancey!
But I don't like that cover, her hair is terrible and I don't like the outfit >_<

♔ Sexy Queen ♔

Old 3rd March 2009, 05:36 PM
TO BE Initiate

Ok, I have some issues with the execution (the photography, ayu's posing, the somewhat sloppy photoshopping) but I am IN LOVE with the concept!
The 80s are totally whack back in vogue this season and this album couldn't have been more complementary. Hopefully this will become the happy, fun pop album that (m)u should've been but wasn't.

The song titles are craaaazy, but then again, rarely are the titles indicative of the quality of the songs, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really hope she explores the whole electropop sound further in this album. It's the one genre she hasn't really done, so it'd be nice to hear some of that here. I'm definitely looking forward to this album more so than I have any of her other albums since My Story (perhaps tacky cover = good album? We will never know, so I'm holding my breath. Heh)

Also I don't get the haters! Like, all of you who are accusing her of "devolving a level" or becoming trashy or what have you - do you people think it is EASY to make good quality fun pop songs? Geez!
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:38 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I thought "OMG WHAT IS THIS?!?" when i first saw the cover, but it's kinda growing on me now.

The tracklisting is really cool though
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:39 PM
Liar Initiate

OMG I'm so excited! I love the track names and the cover!!
I'm glad I pre-ordered it because it seems to be gone from CD Japan which is weird!!
I'm so glad she added Naturally to the track-listing for the PCDL CD!
Yay can't wait now! Only 3 weeks

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:41 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Someone else who thinks "RAINBOW-Ayu goes retro and Namie Amuro"...?

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:42 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I love the cover and the tracklist sounds sooo amazing!!!!

Set made by Yoake! Thank you!!!

last.fm | LiveJournal

Old 3rd March 2009, 05:42 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

This albums seems like a mix of (miss)understood, And Loveppears. If thats the case this might be her best Album to date
Old 3rd March 2009, 05:56 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
^It's fine, always when we get a new album's tracklist people say it doesn't sound ayuish (even if it really fits her and does sound ayuish).
It's been like that for GUILTY, Secret, (miss)understood, MY STORY etc.
Well, at least I know that I've never complained about her titles until now. I actually kind of liked Step YOU. But I think I've pinpointed why I don't like whats been released about this album so far:

The titles, the cover, the PVs we have seen so far (with possible exception of Days), Sparkle and it's lyrics......are all a dime a dozen. I can totally picture all of these things coming from artists like Britney Spears and the likes. BUT AYU is not a dime a dozen or at least she shouldn't be! Yep, I think that pretty much sums it up for me. It might end up being a fun sounding album - but at the same time, I can get that from pretty much anyone, anywhere.

btw, when I see the title Rollin', I can't get this out of my head! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAIlrkSZOg

Then when I finally shake that image, I get this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmccdPNPx9g

lol.
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:06 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Well, at least I know that I've never complained about her titles until now. I actually kind of liked Step YOU. But I think I've pinpointed why I don't like whats been released about this album so far:

The titles, the cover, the PVs we have seen so far (with possible exception of Days), Sparkle and it's lyrics......are all a dime a dozen. I can totally picture all of these things coming from artists like Britney Spears and the likes. BUT AYU is not a dime a dozen or at least she shouldn't be! Yep, I think that pretty much sums it up for me. It might end up being a fun sounding album - but at the same time, I can get that from pretty much anyone, anywhere.

btw, when I see the title Rollin', I can't get this out of my head! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAIlrkSZOg

lol.
If ayu can pull it in her own way (like she did with Sparkle) then personally I don't care about anyone else.
I also don't understand what's wrong with Sparkle's lyrics. A lot of people (or girls can relate to such lyrics) and the song sounds darker than those songs usually does.
I don't want ayu to recycle to A Song for xx.
I'm glad ayu tries new things.
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:17 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
If ayu can pull it in her own way (like she did with Sparkle) then personally I don't care about anyone else.
I also don't understand what's wrong with Sparkle's lyrics. A lot of people (or girls can relate to such lyrics) and the song sounds darker than those songs usually does.
I don't want ayu to recycle to A Song for xx.
I'm glad ayu tries new things.
It's good to try new things, but also don't lose what makes you great in the first place. I still hope that the album will be very good, I just have low expectations right now. (maybe thats a good thing though) As for Sparkle - the whole song is really just ok for me. I kinda got tired of it after only a few listens.(which rarely ever happens with an Ayu song for me. I still have Rule on constant repeat.) The lyrics are quite shallow for Ayu's standards, especially if you have at least a decent understanding of the original Japanese. And she did say that she was going to try a new way of writing lyrics, thats why I hope it doesn't mean the whole album will be in that style.
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:22 PM
Far away Initiate

I like the cover and the tacklist is wuhu~ so different. : D
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:24 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
It's good to try new things, but also don't lose what makes you great in the first place. I still hope that the album will be very good, I just have low expectations right now. (maybe thats a good thing though) As for Sparkle - the whole song is really just ok for me. I kinda got tired of it after only a few listens.(which rarely ever happens with an Ayu song for me. I still have Rule on constant repeat.) The lyrics are quite shallow for Ayu's standards, especially if you have at least a decent understanding of the original Japanese. And she did say that she was going to try a new way of writing lyrics, thats why I hope it doesn't mean the whole album will be in that style.
I'm sure at least the ballads will stay deep lyrics.
As long as ayu doesn't strip in a bad taste it's fine lol.

What I hope is that there will be only 3 inteludes top.
3 Will be enough.
Birdge into the Sky most likely will be an introduction and maybe Load of the SHUGYO or/and Pieces of SEVEN. Hopefully only those 2/3.
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:32 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:

lol.
and this XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brdqJ29PQac (Proud mary or Rolling on the river XD)

Mmm i don't know what to think... really is different... so I don't know which kind of songs they will be...

the cover.. xD they won't have to change the web design at all XDD

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 3rd March 2009, 06:38 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
I'm sure at least the ballads will stay deep lyrics.
As long as ayu doesn't strip in a bad taste it's fine lol.

What I hope is that there will be only 3 inteludes top.
3 Will be enough.
Birdge into the Sky most likely will be an introduction and maybe Load of the SHUGYO or/and Pieces of SEVEN. Hopefully only those 2/3.
Yeah, the day that Ayu starts stripping, might be when I'll have to call it a day finally. lol

I'm really not sure what songs could be ballads though other than Days since none of the titles really jump out at me as ballady, but we'll see.

And actually on Japanese Ayu fanboard they are speculating that 4(!) of the tracks are interludes. Bridge into the Sky, Discommunication, Load of the Shugyo, and Pieces of Seven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking.proud View Post
and this XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brdqJ29PQac (Proud mary or Rolling on the river XD)

Mmm i don't know what to think... really is different... so I don't know which kind of songs they will be...

the cover.. xD they won't have to change the web design at all XDD
lol, exactly what I thought too. And another reason why I don't particularly like the cover - it's completely a rehash of what they JUST did.
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:38 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I don't like the cover , but the track list sounds pretty good.

Old 3rd March 2009, 06:50 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

LOVE IT!
Old 3rd March 2009, 06:51 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Yeah, the day that Ayu starts stripping, might be when I'll have to call it a day finally. lol

I'm really not sure what songs could be ballads though other than Days since none of the titles really jump out at me as ballady, but we'll see.

And actually on Japanese Ayu fanboard they are speculating that 4(!) of the tracks are interludes. Bridge into the Sky, Discommunication, Load of the Shugyo, and Pieces of Seven.

lol, exactly what I thought too. And another reason why I don't particularly like the cover - it's completely a rehash of what they JUST did.
I really hope that it's not an interlude (disco-munication sounds like it can be a great song but go figure) we can't know anything until we get previews.

Curtain call is most likely a ballad (and maybe LOVE 'n' HATE is a rock ballad?) don't know just speculating because of the titles.
I'm sure that Curtain call is a ballad since she always have at least 1 new ballad PV on the DVD of the albums.
MY STORY - walking proud, (miss)understood - rainy day, Secret - JEWEL, momentum, GUILTY - Together When... so I think that Curtain call is a ballad.
I also wonder if there will be a hidden track (though chances are 50-50 as always until we get the last track =P).
Closed Thread