[Utada Hikaru] Still Stayin' Gold on the 18th Utada Hikaru Thread! - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2008, 04:31 PM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Don't you think that it's contradicting to say that what makes the quality of their music be less good is that they release a lot of things while they both were at their top musical era while they actually released a lot of things?
You said yourself that now their music isn't good as before but now they don't release like they used too a few years ago (at least ayu doesn't nothing like she used to in 2000 or 2001) and kumi like when she released the 12 singles in 12 weeks.

And hikki's music as well isn't as it used to be but I don't excuse it upon releasing fast (which she doesn't) but like ayu and kumi she still pull some amazing songs.
Hikki is putting out her best stuff ever with HEART STATION and ULTRA BLUE. Kuu and Ayumi? Not so much

I feel bad for Ayu and Kuu cuz they've been forced to put out so much stuff that it's become really crappy for them. I think after years of a hectic release schedule it has taken a toll on the two. I don't want to see Hikki do that, and plus Hikki would NEVER sing with a label that would make her release very often lol.
Old 5th August 2008, 05:46 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
It's not even her 10th anniversary yet when HS and PoL were released.. I'm not saying she should release a new song.. But at least I hope she will be doing something for celebrating her 10th anniversary in December (e.g., making a "the one and the only hikki 10th anniversary" concert). I will feel sad if there's nothing popping up towards December.

And no, I dun want she releases the 2nd English album as the celebration of her 10th anniversary.. This 10th anniversary is quite about her Japanese career, so I rather want she uses Japanese songs/concert to celebrate this important date.

And again no, I dun wanna see EMI releasing a few more free ringtones at the end of the year as a make up for the celebration... That will be too lame..

(yeah i'm too picky about this LOL).
I never said that HEART STATION and POL were released around her anniversary. I know very well that her anniversary is in December, all I said was that I wasn't EXPECTING much from her anniversary, that's all.

And I don't think her English album is coming out this year. I think she's taking her time to make this album a really good one.
Old 5th August 2008, 07:12 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Two albums in one year is too much to expect, but one album and one single/mini-album on the other hand...
Old 5th August 2008, 11:09 PM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Panda View Post
Two albums in one year is too much to expect, but one album and one single/mini-album on the other hand...
Hikki has released one album and two singles already. Don't expect much else lol.
Old 5th August 2008, 11:19 PM
SAKURA Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
Hikki has released one album and two singles already. Don't expect much else lol.
until 2009, that is. or at least, i hope.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 6th August 2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hikki is putting out her best stuff ever with HEART STATION and ULTRA BLUE. Kuu and Ayumi? Not so much

I feel bad for Ayu and Kuu cuz they've been forced to put out so much stuff that it's become really crappy for them. I think after years of a hectic release schedule it has taken a toll on the two. I don't want to see Hikki do that, and plus Hikki would NEVER sing with a label that would make her release very often lol.
I agree. Hikki's fine at EMI. They don't really control her and tbh, I see no problem at being at EMI. Besides, if Hikki was to leave, I think she'd go indy unless pony canyon, avex, sony, or Warner would pay insane amounts of yen to get her on their label. Even so, They'll have to deal with her daddy who is like over her career 24/7. I mean, do they really wanna piss him off if she was either of their label? I can imagine him putting the hamma down on Max.

Quote:
ikr. I'm not really gonna expect much from Hikki at the end of the year. She'll prolly release a BEST album and/or a DVD like she did for her 5th anniversary. I suspect Utada will release her single tho. I seriously can't wait for it. I'm ready for her return.
Old 6th August 2008, 01:30 AM
winding road Initiate

She'll make her own label. "Kuma-chang Records"

...Shouldn't ya'll be making a new thread?

Old 6th August 2008, 01:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
She'll make her own label. "Kuma-chang Records"

...Shouldn't ya'll be making a new thread?

If she does, whoever is the first to sign is going to be an instant hit. To think of it, has Hikki ever said she wanted write for someone else after her retirement?

Hmmm, a new thread?! lol It took forever for this one to reach 500. lol
Old 6th August 2008, 03:00 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
What are you talking about?

M is one of the best songs composed ever and the single did great (and really helped for A BEST as well).
Let alone other songs like evolution Dearest, Endless sorrow which are my most favorite compositions of songs ever.
ayu released a lot mainly until I am... album afterwards the amount of singles she had was decreased so that's the era I meant and that's the era were her music were the best (for most people, fans etc.) I personally think that some of the songs she does now are better than some older songs. But of course I have favorites from both eras and actually a lot of people want ayu to compose again.
Even my japanese bf told me that a lot of her japanese fans are dying for her to compose again.

hikki's music sounds exactly the same too in UB and HS (the whole ethereal pop) but I don't see you caring for that. I don't think it affected UB but it definitely affected HS (for me) and half of the album sounds generic. No one's perfect.

And sometimes bluegie your comments look like you will always find a way to put down ayu and make hikki the best thing ever just because you know both from their debut or 2000 and you are a hikki fan.

I don't like hikki's First Love (except for Automatic) but because it's hikki I bought it and I want to own all of her albums so I got it. What's the point?

For kumi - but she released 12 singles and 12 weeks and that's considered as her best musical era.

I don't think that avex is the best company in Japan for nothing.
They have a lot of successful artists and not for nothing.
I think you've misunderstood my message. I'm not saying her music was BAD in 2001 or 2002. The thing is, she's not born to be a composer, so it's harder for her to compose totally fresh melodies. If you listen to her music, you can find similarities between songs. Let's say M vs. Free & Easy, you can't deny that not only the arrangements are similar, but the composition of the melodies are similar as well. That is what I was talking about. She practically recycling the composition during her I am and RAINBOW era. Not that her composition was bad (actually it was pretty good since I really love M, evolution, Dearest, Voyage, etc.), but when she just released songs that sounded so familiar with her old songs, eventually the fans would get bored. That was why there were lots of fans leaving after RAINBOW era. Of course I hope she will compose again, but I do put my expectation higher on her because she's one of my top 3 idols. I hope she will compose something really outstanding, but not just another M~episode III~ or something like that.

Yes, UB and HS have similar arrangements (I dun need to deny that), but at the same time both albums give me totally different feelings. Hikki made UB so complicated that I didn't really enjoy it. On the other hand, the songs in HS are soothing that it attracts me. Also, songs arrangements and composition are different things. Hikki did make the arrangements similar, but the melodies are somewhat different.

To be honest to you, music wise I enjoy hikki more, that's a fact. Ayu brings me other things besides music (e.g., her fashion, her covers on cd, her live performances, things that hikki is lacking of IMO). I own about 80% of ayu albums as well (I dun buy singles for any artists). So dun say I'm solely a hikki fan but not ayu fan. Just because I have comments on them doesn't mean I hate them. I always joke about hikki's fashion and does it mean I hate her? Things are not just black and white in reality, and I dun blindly think ayu, hikki, or other artists that I like are perfect. They do have their own special abilities. Also, music is a very personal taste. There are things within the songs (music/lyric/arrangement/instrument usage/etc.) that I like from particular artists, and also there are things that I dun like as well.

I really appreciate you stand up and defend ayu (as you always do), but I hope you know that I love ayu as well. Otherwise I won't be still in this forum. I do feel disappointed when you say that I always bring down ayu. I haven't written such long message for a long time, and I hope I dun need to do that again that often.

Case close.
Closed Thread

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru