[BoA] 26th official thread: COPY & PASTE - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 5th September 2010, 05:02 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

All these live videos are all SO awesome!! SO WISH I COULD'VE GONE!!

Btw, to anyone that did go to SMTOWN LIVE '10, how was the pricing on the merchandise stuff? Oh, and i saw some on YesAsia too. How's the quality of that BoA fan they sold? Oh, and is the cap(hat) actually expensive?
Old 6th September 2010, 07:10 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
All these live videos are all SO awesome!! SO WISH I COULD'VE GONE!!

Btw, to anyone that did go to SMTOWN LIVE '10, how was the pricing on the merchandise stuff? Oh, and i saw some on YesAsia too. How's the quality of that BoA fan they sold? Oh, and is the cap(hat) actually expensive?
Actually, I don't think they even sold any merchandise there at the LA show. I was pretty disappointed because I looked all around for it and couldn't find any. There was just this free booklet they gave out with pics of the artists (all pics we have already from their newest shoots for their albums/mini albums etc).
Old 6th September 2010, 10:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^oh that sucks. I've been looking around for a cheap place to get the cap... Just everywhere seems to wanna charge a TON for 'em. YesAsia wants $54, and somebody on ebay wants $59.99US +$9.99S&H.....

So i guess i won't bother...
Old 6th September 2010, 04:51 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

^ That is WAY too much. Yeah, I don't think you should bother. You can get a lot of other different things for that amount of money.
Old 6th September 2010, 07:47 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Well i saw the caps came in 3 different colors available. If they gave me all 3 for $50, there's a very small chance i might... but i dunno how anyone's gonna buy that cap with people on YA and ebay wanting SO much of a ridiculous amount for them. I think YA's gonna have to keep dropping the price for anyone to really bother.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:32 PM
winding road Initiate

Very interesting interview with her brother!

Quote:
‘BoA’s Older Brother’ Kwon Soonhwon “Little sister BoA, a dancer like none other since she was young”

ㆍ The story of 3 siblings strongly united by music

Singer BoA has made her comeback to the Korean music industry after 5 years. After having debuted at a young age, in the blink of an eye she has become a musician who is in her 10th year, and after taking a venture with an extreme transformation she has once again lived up to her fans’ expectations and is receiving passionate love. In particular, this album is drawing more attention with the participation of her older brothers, pianist Kwon Soonhwon and music video director Kwon Soonwook. I am curious about the 3 siblings, who are each spreading music appreciation in their individual paths.

Little sister BoA of whom he’s proud, was a dancer like none other since she was young
He has two younger siblings. Music video director Kwon Soonwook (30) and BoA. They are for certain living through music. In particular, BoA has now become a top star who has moved beyond Asia and is garnering worldwide attention. Older brother Kwon Soonhwon is incredibly proud and boastful of that little sister.

Ever since they were young the 3 siblings were always joint through music. But by no means were they brought up with a particularly musical background by their parents. Instead, they received rewards and freedom accordingly when they perfectly carried out duties given to them.

“At the time there weren’t many ways to play. I didn’t particularly like recreational activities and back then computers weren’t that widespread. So watching TV and listening to music was everything for me, my younger brother, and BoA. In particular we all liked music so we would sing along and dance. When group ‘Fire Engine’ released songs the house would be in chaos with us dancing (laughter).”

BoA, who specialized in the gayageum* as an elementary school student, loved music and dance like her older brothers. Her coming to debut as a singer began with the 3 siblings’ love for dance. However, contrary to existing belief, she wasn’t recruited when she followed her older brothers to an agency’s audition.

“Truthfully, my younger brother was the leader of a dance team at the time. He dances very well, you see. He’s won 1st place in a dance competition before. So my younger brother and I and BoA, the 3 of us went to a dance competition together and after my younger brother danced he said that his little sister is a good dancer too and introduced her, so BoA went up on stage and danced as well. And it was then when a representative from SM Entertainment who was there saw and recruited BoA."

Afterwards BoA began to receive intensive training during her 5th year of elementary school and spent her life as a trainee, and debuted at the young age of 13. Kwon Soonhwon says that there are times when BoA feels like an older sister rather than a younger sister. Having separated from her family early she must have undergone many hardships, but his younger sister always remained strong in front of her older brothers.

“Rather, I learn from BoA as I watch her. Maybe it’s because she entered society as a young teen but she sticks to her word no matter what and is perfectly punctual. There’s nothing to find fault with. No matter what obstacles she faces with the tasks given to her, she always carries through assertively. Ever since she was young she spent her life with people who are at least 10 years older than she is so I think she became aware of the world.”

However, he frequently feels heartache. Many times he has felt regret and sadness for his younger sister who was unable to receive all the abundant love like everyone else as the baby of the family as she flew to and from Japan and the U.S. and given the burden of having to endure everything alone. When it was decided she would go to Japan not long after her Korean debut, he was moved to tears as he brought his little sister to the airport.

“There was a time when BoA was injured ahead of her entry into the U.S. in 2008. She had surgery on her arm and everything was in a frenzy. In the midst of all that the press conference couldn’t be canceled and I saw her attend it, and she was in so much pain and it was so difficult for her… But what was even more upsetting was that malicious comments like ‘You could just get anesthetized and simply set the bone for something minor like that, what are you coming out bandaged for’ were being written by netizens about that sister. I saw just how much my younger sister suffered the day before the press conference. The netizens were so heartless and I hated them.”

Although her older brothers weren’t able to be by her side often, BoA attained success as she received their encouragement and support. So as she celebrated her 10 year anniversary, she had her older brothers participate in her 6th album 「Hurricane Venus」 which she released in Korea after 5 years.

Kwon Soonhwon was responsible for the piano accompaniment for the song “Don’t Know What To Say” and Director Kwon Soonwook produced the music video for “Game,” which was the first piece to be released. Kwon Soonwook had produced music videos for Seo Inyoung, Seo Youngeun, Poppin’ Hyunjun, Kim Miyeon, Acoustic D, Sori, and many singers by that point.

“BoA proposed the idea first. Asking how it would be if we participated in this album together. Because my little sister is such a huge star, I felt that I’m still lacking to be helping or participating in the album production so I just said I was thankful that she would even say that, but then I thought it would be specially meaningful to do that together with my younger siblings. Because it’s my little sister’s album I wanted to do better than usual so I put in extra effort and concentrated more.”

After the interview Kwon Soonhwon played the music included in BoA’s album for us and smiled happily. He said that he felt it was more precious and heartwarming because it’s none other than family, and playfully complained that he felt regretful about how difficult it is to see his younger sister because she’s too busy. However one could feel the heartwarming familial affection they, who are already one as siblings, share as they protect one another. It was a summer afternoon when one could feel warm strength emitting even from a cold drop of rain.

■ Writing / Reporter Yoon Hyunjin ■ Photos / Ahn Jinhyung (Freelancer)

* The gayageum is a traditional Korean instrument

Source: 레이디경향
Original article: here
English translation: live laugh love @ soompi
Note: This is a translation of only the BoA-related portions of the article
Old 9th September 2010, 11:47 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^that....is long

i still have to listen to the whole album since i was away but i loooooove Game and Hurricane Venus!!! JQWJOWJGTOA and im soooo mad i missed all the performances and stuff can someone tell me how many times she has won on music shows??

oh and this week is her goodbye stage and then the repackage right?

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 10th September 2010, 12:23 AM
winding road Initiate

^ Her goodbye stage was 2/3 weeks ago =P Repackage is going to be released around mid-September. Main track title starts with "C" letter and has choreography.
With HV She won hmm... Let me think... 5-6 times? I don't remember, I couldn't watch all performances. She performed Dangerous with HV for the first week, and later only HV. There is a performances download thread made by me floating around... I didn't updated it but you can get very first perfs here. I'll try to find a link or you'll search for yourself?
If you're interested, she also performed at KJE's Chocolate with Dangerous, Stand By and some other stuff~ You can find perfs at YT easily. She was attended some special concerts too, but with HV as standard + sometimes with NO.1 and My Name too.

...I don't know what else to say Do you need anything else to know?
First post have much stuff, check it out~
Old 10th September 2010, 12:26 AM

^WHAAAA REALLY????? nooooo no thats okay imma good hunter thanks~~

ooh yesyes i watched the chocolate show, she was adorableee but ugh im so mad at sm that she isnt going to be on any variety shows NOT EVEN STAR KINNGGG D:

lol thanks sweetyy

Old 10th September 2010, 12:30 AM
winding road Initiate

^ She's going to be in HaHa Mong Show next week episode ! She cheated us a little

you're welcome honey.

Last edited by noisy_harmony; 10th September 2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10th September 2010, 01:46 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

nice article, thanks for sharing

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 11th September 2010, 03:18 AM
sending mail Initiate

Performances at SM Town Live were awesome! I so wish I was there, I'm beating myself up right now

Old 11th September 2010, 08:42 PM
winding road Initiate

Who wants to see how that marvellous location from Hurricane Venus MV looks irl ?
Old 11th September 2010, 09:02 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post
Who wants to see how that marvellous location from Hurricane Venus MV looks irl ?
Wow ... just wow ... no offense to SHINee fans but they look like a bunch of queens XD
Old 11th September 2010, 09:35 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^i find a few of them do look rather feminine there.
Old 11th September 2010, 09:51 PM

^^well.. key isnt called a highclass diva for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post
^ She's going to be in HaHa Mong Show next week episode ! She cheated us a little

you're welcome honey.
YAYYY CANT WAIITTTTT!!!! is that with mc mong?

Old 11th September 2010, 10:23 PM
winding road Initiate

^ Yup!

Well, it's k-pop... Guys are more attractive than females.
Old 12th September 2010, 01:29 PM
winding road Initiate

BoA @ HaHa Mong Show (3 minutes is always something)
Old 12th September 2010, 03:40 PM

^SHE IS SO FREAKIN ADORABLE AWJTOIPWGTJOGTQP even with the fug hair! lmao those dudes XD they were in heaven when she hugged them

Old 14th September 2010, 01:50 PM

sorry for double post

REPACKAGE WILL BE RELEASED THE 24TH!!!!!!!!

from soompi

OMGOMGOMGGG SO EXCITED!!!!!! hopefully she will do something special for her 10th anni, like an extra DVD with all her MVs or something!

Tags
10th anniversary, boa, copy & paste, hurricane venus, i see me, kpop