[Utada Hikaru] Midsummer Rain Shower ♪٩(✿′ᗜ‵✿)۶♪ the 53rd thread - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd April 2016, 06:05 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Does anyone has the video that she cover the Green Day's song?
I don't have it for download but it's on youtube.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 22nd April 2016, 06:21 AM
Initiate

u3music just tweeted that the new album is almost done! An album that is "Full color 'Utada Hikaru'," as he describes it...

Source U.Blog

AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:39 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepRiver View Post
u3music just tweeted that the new album is almost done! An album that is "Full color 'Utada Hikaru'," as he describes it...

Source U.Blog

AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never call her lazy again.
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:41 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

That is amazing news! I can't wait to hear/read more.

#Ineedthisalbuminmylifenow

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 22nd April 2016, 08:59 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
I will never call her lazy again.
It took her 8 years, and I may be alone with this, but I'm not impressed with the last three songs we got. She seriously has to step up her game or do a second album pretty fats after this one.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:09 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I was OK with Sakura Negashi, but I think the two new songs are very impressive (lol). Sad that you don't enjoy those last three. I hope the other songs in the upcoming album will get your love .
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:45 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Sakura Nagashi and these other two ate my soul again and I worship them to death. She's one of those few artists that never fails to impress me.

And I'm SO excited for the new album release omg. It's been so long since the last one~ ;___;

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 22nd April 2016, 01:37 PM
Secret Initiate

Sakura Nagashi was the best thing to happen to J-Pop in a while and Maanatsu no Tooriame is gorgeous. I've yet to actually listen to Hanataba though lol. I can't wait for the album.
Old 22nd April 2016, 03:18 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Oh man I can't wait for this! And I can't believe it's been that long since Heart Station. It'll be interesting to see where she goes with this album.

livejournal / last.fm / tumblr / goodreads

Old 22nd April 2016, 03:40 PM
rainy day Initiate

If you can't appreciate the intricate beauty in the arrangement of Sakura Nagashi - the fact that it generates such an environment - there is no hope for you.
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:38 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

They just bore me...they are not bad but also nothing I want to listen to again and again.
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:32 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
It took her 8 years, and I may be alone with this, but I'm not impressed with the last three songs we got. She seriously has to step up her game or do a second album pretty fats after this one.
Nah, I'm ok with this considering she could have just left music completely.
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:29 AM
appears Initiate

A new album this quickly?! I was expecting at least one more single, maybe a physical release, before the album comes out. Either way, I can't wait for the new album. I hope it continues to build on the maturity we've heard in Sakura Nagashi, Hanataba, and Manatsu. I love this direction. I also hope it's got the creative electronic stuff like HS and UB, or maybe even some old school pop and R&B from DR and FL.

-> <-
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:47 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Well u3 just said her album is almost done. She could release another digital single before releasing this new album.

I hope she'll do a pv for a new song (that is, she's in the pv). She should ask kiriya to shoot a pv for her again.
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:22 AM
YOU Initiate

I wonder how many songs will be on the album. She kinda had time enough to write several albums worth of new music.

I'm hoping she'll add a few (or even just one) English songs on the album as well. It would be awesome if she could combine both her English and Japanese careers in some way.

That being said, the Manatsu pv is probably one of my favorites.
Old 23rd April 2016, 11:55 AM
MY STORY Initiate

^There is no English singing career anymore tho because Teruzane and Hikki told Island Def Jam to fuck off after they released that Utada best of album without their approval. Also, she said years ago she wishes to keep her English and Japanese music careers apart because they're so different in style so I doubt English songs will be included on a Japanese album suddenly.

Also, I think Utada's new album will have the usual 11-12 songs + a interlude.

I kinda hope she'll release catchy pop/dance songs like This Is Love and Keep Tryin' on the new album. Not in the same style but I personally love Hikki's catchy pop tunes, maybe even more than anyone else's combined. XD It would be nice to hear new ones (not that I'm bored with the oldies yet, I doubt it's even possible to get bored with them).

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Last edited by Minttulatte; 23rd April 2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 23rd April 2016, 01:05 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
^There is no English singing career anymore tho because Teruzane and Hikki told Island Def Jam to fuck off after they released that Utada best of album without their approval. Also, she said years ago she wishes to keep her English and Japanese music careers apart because they're so different in style so I doubt English songs will be included on a Japanese album suddenly.

I kinda hope she'll release catchy pop/dance songs like This Is Love and Keep Tryin' on the new album. Not in the same style but I personally love Hikki's catchy pop tunes, maybe even more than anyone else's combined. XD It would be nice to hear new ones (not that I'm bored with the oldies yet, I doubt it's even possible to get bored with them).
I'm hoping she does some fun, catchy stuff too. The way she does it is all her own.
Old 23rd April 2016, 02:26 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post

Yeah I know it's unlikely, It's just wishful thinking on my part that she'll release a bilingual album like Namie in the future. I prefer her Japanese songs over her original English songs anyway, but I figured that if she'd release English songs in the vein of her Japanese ones they'd be awesome.

And I'm down for more songs like This is love, Keep trying and Traveling. And a new theme song for KH, a cover album and another international tour for that matter.

Last edited by thomas; 23rd April 2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 23rd April 2016, 04:35 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
They just bore me...they are not bad but also nothing I want to listen to again and again.
Don't worry, I also think Sakura Nagashi is a bit lackluster. It's ok, but I never feel like running to listening to it. Kinda like a chore. The two new songs I really really like though. However, I don't love em just yet.
Old 23rd April 2016, 07:29 PM
Curtain call Initiate

This whole thread..........

I think most people preferred her not coming back
Closed Thread

Tags
jpop, utada hikaru