[Utada Hikaru] Midsummer Rain Shower ♪٩(✿′ᗜ‵✿)۶♪ the 53rd thread - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2016, 07:23 PM
Lelio Protector

Both songs are way better than Sakura Nagashi imo. manatsu no tori ame is really beautiful. I just hope she will have more up beat songs next since it's already 3 ballads in a row, but at least the 2 single songs are really pretty.
I'm one of the small amount that, despite of the good lyrics, wasn't too fond of Sakura Nagashi, so I'm glad the new single sounds like it will be great.

manatsu no tori ame's composition kinda give me vibes of Mayo Okamoto's Alone.
Old 4th April 2016, 08:04 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I like Midsummer Rain Shower a lot better already. It's just really nice to hear her voice again.

Also she looks gorgeous.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 4th April 2016, 08:13 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post

I like this one better the first song is really banal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
Ooh the second song made me emotional I missed her voice so much lol

For me personally, I'm satisfied with the comeback. It's great to hear Utada singing again. But I definitely will wait for the full versions first before judging.
I absolutely love the second song. THAT is Utada. I'm hoping there's a bit more to the production though, as they did mention that the song "starts" with piano and Utada. But Manatsu is on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal17 View Post
I like the second song preview better than the first. Manatsu no Toori Ame reminds me of an old Utada song, can't remember which. Still, none of the two seem spectacular. Waiting for full to judge.
Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro?

-> <-
Old 4th April 2016, 08:26 PM
Dolls Initiate

@orbitalaspect : yeah! Dareka was the song. I like a lot this song, so hopefully the new one will be good.
Old 4th April 2016, 08:41 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
So what do you guys think about these two songs overall? To be honest, I think this is a pretty plain comeback. I was expecting something more fierce and outstanding, and even though I do not mind ballads, these are not really strong or unique. I don't want to go as far as to call them "boring", at least until I hear the full-length versions.
Not boring at all. These new songs are better than Be My Last.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 4th April 2016, 09:01 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Manastsu is pretty solid as well. But I totally adore Hanataba. I've already repeated that op for over a hundred times .
Old 4th April 2016, 09:19 PM
rainy day Initiate

Be My Last is amongst her best. The arrangement is gold! New songs aren't anywhere near BML.
Old 4th April 2016, 09:50 PM

True BML is one of the best. But I wouldn't compare the new songs to BML, especially Hanataba. BML and Hanataba give totally opposite vibes, and I don't see myself listening to BML while sitting under cherry blossoms .

Last edited by bluegie; 4th April 2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 4th April 2016, 10:10 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I love both songs, and how melody oriented they are and how japanese they sound... This is something new for her!

Also, between Hikki's 3 last songs having japanese titles and sounding very traditional jpop and the whole Made in Japan thing Ayu is doing (and Shiina's last album), it seens like more tradicional japanese take on pop music is going to be a trend.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th April 2016, 10:29 PM
Voyage Initiate

^Yes, it struck me too that her last three singles have had Japanese titles.

I'm satisfied with what I have heard so far. I think Manatsu no Tooriame will be my favourite but Hanataba wo Kimi ni sounds very sweet. What do we think the PVs will be like? I'm assuming she won't be featured in them much like how she isn't shown on the single covers.
Old 4th April 2016, 11:00 PM
YOU Initiate

I actually like how Midsummer Rain Shower fits the current montage, so I'm hoping the mv will be similar with a montage showing people and stuff.

That being said, since people mentioned Be My Last I feel obliged to remind everybody of the perfection that is BML orchestral live:

Old 4th April 2016, 11:31 PM
æternal Initiate

It seems Manatsu no Toori ame will be more interesting than the other track. They were also showing its preview this morning on Zip! when I turned the TV on. I love the atmosphere it gives even just from the short preview. Is it just me? or this song is like Be My Last, dareka no... and COLORS in one?

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 5th April 2016, 12:13 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
It seems Manatsu no Toori ame will be more interesting than the other track. They were also showing its preview this morning on Zip! when I turned the TV on. I love the atmosphere it gives even just from the short preview. Is it just me? or this song is like Be My Last, dareka no... and COLORS in one?
I think she sings similar to BML in Manatsu, and the arrangement is very Dareka. I also hear a lot of the maturity we had with Sakura Nagashi. I don't hear COLORS in the clip at all. COLORS is very unique even among Utada's songs.

-> <-
Old 5th April 2016, 12:20 AM
Curtain call Initiate

A new thread woooooo how long has it beeeeen.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I think she sings similar to BML in Manatsu, and the arrangement is very Dareka. I also hear a lot of the maturity we had with Sakura Nagashi. I don't hear COLORS in the clip at all. COLORS is very unique even among Utada's songs.
Actually, my cousin thought Manatsu is the mellow stretched out version of COLORS. My brother thought it sounds like Kairo (esp the chorus part). And I don't hear similarity between those three . I still think Manatsu is more dareka-ish.
Old 5th April 2016, 02:11 AM
still alone Initiate

I absolutely love both previews.

I think making a comeback with generally safe songs is...well, safe lol. I think it's wise. And I don't think they're bad songs.
Old 5th April 2016, 02:20 AM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Be My Last is amongst her best. The arrangement is gold! New songs aren't anywhere near BML.
Be My Last is my favorite song from her discography but I think it's insane to even think about the possibility of comparing these two news songs with BML.

The era/mood/time/delivery is totally different. I like this new one better than the drama song, but I'm still waiting for something more upbeat, like Play Ball for example.

Of course, maybe she's past those type of songs and going for an acoustic route this album. Won't complain.

Old 5th April 2016, 02:33 AM

Hmmn, I don't mind if she's make an album with ballads only . So far I'm really happy with the songs, and I'm sure that she will have something to surprise us. Again, she can't make something hard for a morning drama or news. Usually people who watch morning dramas are older people, so I think they appreciate Hanataba more than BML type of song. And I doubt the news program would accept a song with super beats like Passion. They sound safe, but they totally fit the themes.
Old 5th April 2016, 02:33 AM
SAKURA Initiate

I'm (already/so far ) completely & absolutely satisfied with Utada's comeback (it's still all so surreal...she's back! ) because these two new songs are simply beautiful! Plus, I'd say they are so Utada and yet, more new & much better. I think I may like "Manatsu no Torriame" a tiny bit more, probably because I love that dramatic feel it has to it. Still, I think "Hanataba wo Kimi ni" is lovely, as well and I am absolutely looking forward to the music videos!

Also, just gotta say...Utada is just GORGEOUS in those promo pics...she looks amazing!!!

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 5th April 2016, 02:37 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
Be My Last is my favorite song from her discography but I think it's insane to even think about the possibility of comparing these two news songs with BML.

The era/mood/time/delivery is totally different. I like this new one better than the drama song, but I'm still waiting for something more upbeat, like Play Ball for example.

Of course, maybe she's past those type of songs and going for an acoustic route this album. Won't complain.
Someone else brought up BML. I don't think they are similar at all; I was just saying it near impossible to say these tracks are better songs than BML.
Closed Thread

Tags
jpop, utada hikaru