[Utada Hikaru] The New Album 「Fantôme」 on Sep 28, 2016! ʕ•̫͡•ʔ the 54th thread - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2016, 06:49 PM
Greatful days Initiate

&%QTYHuihqweuigh!

I MISSED IT.

[edit]
It's on JPS!
Old 16th September 2016, 07:57 PM
rainy day Initiate

The melody got portion of another Hikki song stuck in my head. I couldn't figure out what it was but now I finally remembered: it's "Prisoner of Love" - the part where she goes like "I'm gonna tell you the truth," (the pre-chorus I guess you'd call it). That melody or pacing is similar the melody/pacing of the melody in certain portions of this track.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:32 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Finally a pv that can match her best pv production moment...

__________________________________________________ _____________

Recochoku 9.16:

Singles:
No. 2 - 二時間だけのバカンス (feat.椎名林檎)
No. 4 - 道

Uta:
No. 1 - 二時間だけのバカンス (feat.椎名林檎)
No. 6 - 道

Video:
No. 1 - 花束を君に

Last edited by bluegie; 16th September 2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:28 PM
Greatful days Initiate

One of the first reviews of the album is in and U.Blog translated the parts about songs we haven't heard yet:

“Ore no Kanojo”

Starts with a double bass sound. Adds in strings and a ‘band sound,’ and has the scent of a blues track. Lyrically, Utada performs as both a male and female character on the song.

“Ningyo”

Accompanied by a live harp and drums, “Ningyo” is beautiful. Quite adventurous for a pop song to include just vocals, a harp, and drums, but “Ningyo” succeeds

“Tomodachi with Nariaki Obukuro”

The track starts with some programmed drums. Alongside “Michi,” this song really seems to symbolize the album. Features a brass arrangement that was done by Utada herself. Makes one wonder what sort of music she was listening to during her hiatus.

“Kayou no Ookami”

Utada’s own breath is used as part of the beat. The brass section and strings sound as if they’re swirling around the track. Very soulful singing from Utada. The way that the drum and bass repeat and create an almost breakbeat rhythm, giving it a slight hip-hop feel.

“Boukyaku feat. KOHH”

KOHH’s rap draws from this idea of the space between life and death, and Utada’s vocal sound very lonely and yet raw. Heat and coldness, hard and soft, and then life and death. This contrast is illuminated through KOHH’s rapping and Utada’s vocals. The track starts w/ a beat programmed by Utada. It has a very tribal feel. Gives imagination to the idea of death. Could be the most controversial song on Fantome.

“Jinsei Saikou no Hi”

The programmed drums are very charming, and this could be the airiest song on the album. It’s amazing how Utada can so casually drop a perfect pop song like this, especially after a song like “Boukyaku feat. KOHH”
Old 16th September 2016, 11:42 PM
æternal Initiate

Boukyaku having tribal feel. OMG

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 17th September 2016, 12:41 AM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorphose View Post
One of the first reviews of the album is in and U.Blog translated the parts about songs we haven't heard yet:

“Ore no Kanojo”

Starts with a double bass sound. Adds in strings and a ‘band sound,’ and has the scent of a blues track. Lyrically, Utada performs as both a male and female character on the song.

“Ningyo”

Accompanied by a live harp and drums, “Ningyo” is beautiful. Quite adventurous for a pop song to include just vocals, a harp, and drums, but “Ningyo” succeeds

“Tomodachi with Nariaki Obukuro”

The track starts with some programmed drums. Alongside “Michi,” this song really seems to symbolize the album. Features a brass arrangement that was done by Utada herself. Makes one wonder what sort of music she was listening to during her hiatus.

“Kayou no Ookami”

Utada’s own breath is used as part of the beat. The brass section and strings sound as if they’re swirling around the track. Very soulful singing from Utada. The way that the drum and bass repeat and create an almost breakbeat rhythm, giving it a slight hip-hop feel.

“Boukyaku feat. KOHH”

KOHH’s rap draws from this idea of the space between life and death, and Utada’s vocal sound very lonely and yet raw. Heat and coldness, hard and soft, and then life and death. This contrast is illuminated through KOHH’s rapping and Utada’s vocals. The track starts w/ a beat programmed by Utada. It has a very tribal feel. Gives imagination to the idea of death. Could be the most controversial song on Fantome.

“Jinsei Saikou no Hi”

The programmed drums are very charming, and this could be the airiest song on the album. It’s amazing how Utada can so casually drop a perfect pop song like this, especially after a song like “Boukyaku feat. KOHH”

Gosh, after reading that, I didn't think I could get more excited for this release than I already have been. Really looking forward to hearing 'Ningyo', 'Boukyaku', and 'Kayou no Ookami' but they all sound promising.

Does anyone know anything about Nariaki Obukuro, I'm not familiar with him. I'm curious how that collaboration came about.
Old 17th September 2016, 01:00 AM

I will try to avoid more details of the upcoming album. I've already spoiled myself so much by listening all her new songs.
Old 17th September 2016, 02:58 AM
SAKURA Initiate

The PV for "2 Hour Vacation" blew my mind. So cool! and both Utada & Shiina Ringo were looking absolutely stunning, as well - plus, the song's just out of this world! Everything's just so amazing. Thank you, Hikki.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 17th September 2016, 03:25 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I love 二時間だけのバカンス

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 17th September 2016, 03:51 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Godd i never thought i needed this album more than i do
Old 17th September 2016, 04:01 AM
still alone Initiate

Michi is currently sitting at #6 on Itunes.
She is being held back by RADWHIMPS and ONE OK ROCK.
Old 17th September 2016, 11:31 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Can this album just leak already pls I need some light in my life
Old 17th September 2016, 08:35 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Okay, so I finally listened to 道 and 二時間だけのバカンス and they're simply amazing That's literally all I've been listening to ever since and I cannot wait for Fantome. I'm so glad Utada is finally back. J-Pop needed her.
Old 17th September 2016, 10:34 PM

I can't identify one planet from the mv. I know that they left Earth in the beginning, and the space craft passed through Jupiter after the first chorus, then the one I can't identify during ringo's verse, then in the end they're facing Saturn.

And I think the scene where they walked around should be Mars. (or at least a planet that looks like Mars's land)
Edit: It looks like the planet in ringo's verse is Mars.. How come they showed Jupiter first, then Mars later on...
Edit 2: It looks like Venus... I dunno anymore...

Last edited by bluegie; 17th September 2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 17th September 2016, 10:52 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I can't identify one planet from the mv. I know that they left Earth in the beginning, and the space craft passed through Jupiter after the first chorus, then the one I can't identify during ringo's verse, then in the end they're facing Saturn.

And I think the scene where they walked around should be Mars. (or at least a planet that looks like Mars's land)
Edit: It looks like the planet in ringo's verse is Mars.. How come they showed Jupiter first, then Mars later on...
Edit 2: It looks like Venus... I dunno anymore...
They probably were just traveling around without any special place in mind, so they traveled back and forth

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th September 2016, 11:02 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
They probably were just traveling around without any special place in mind, so they traveled back and forth
They only had two hours to devote to their vacation, after all--I'm sure they tried to make the most of it
Old 17th September 2016, 11:06 PM
Greatful days Initiate

The planet during Ringo's verse is definitely Mars. Venus has a super thick atmosphere and absolutely no snow. haha

Maybe Mars and Earth were opposite each other in orbit so they needed a gravity assist from Jupiter to get to Mars before their two hours was up.

Last edited by amorphose; 17th September 2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 18th September 2016, 02:47 AM

But in the end of the two hour, they're facing Saturn... Let's say they're leaving Saturn (instead of going there in the last 20 seconds of the pv), so they had to mess around with Jupiter's gravity to Mars in between... Very confusing indeed.
LOL spending time finding why this was happened when it's just a pv...

Last edited by bluegie; 18th September 2016 at 02:53 AM.
Old 18th September 2016, 06:07 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Her music station performance airs soon! She's performing "Sakura Nagashi"
Old 18th September 2016, 06:09 AM

I hope someone will release the ts file asap. Can't wait!
Closed Thread

Tags
hikki, jpop, utada hikaru