[Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ A Vacation for Only Two Hours in the 55th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 13th October 2016, 12:45 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
Somehow..I feel that this is another marketing strategy to make the album sell even more..
It's possible. At least hikki can make people believe that the album is selling out (if this is a marketing strategy hehe).
On the other side, It can be true probably if the first press is about 400K.
Old 13th October 2016, 03:22 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

^yes, there is possibility that this is truely sold out...
but I believe this is marketing strategy..it's very basic strategy that people going to want something that hard to get, especially if the stuff is really popular and everybody else has it, you don't want to be left out as the only one that don't have it.
not a wrong thing to do though, smart enough. I think Ayu has done this before as well, saying that the CD is sold out, maybe happened when Mirrorcle world release?

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 13th October 2016, 11:48 AM

10.10: No. 1 - 13,155
10.11: No. 3 - 7,836
10.12: No.1 - 6,053

Est. Weekly Sales: 27,044
Old 13th October 2016, 04:44 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
^yes, there is possibility that this is truely sold out...
but I believe this is marketing strategy..it's very basic strategy that people going to want something that hard to get, especially if the stuff is really popular and everybody else has it, you don't want to be left out as the only one that don't have it.
not a wrong thing to do though, smart enough. I think Ayu has done this before as well, saying that the CD is sold out, maybe happened when Mirrorcle world release?
I agree. I don't remember Ayu using this on Mirrorcle World, but she may have used it on the vertical sleeve CD+DVD edition that sold out almost immediately. Remember that Mirror was a huge deal. Fans rallied heavily for her to release that interlude as a full song. I would have used it on a less popular release, imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fantome's first press was 400k. Utada may be huge, but Ai Otsuka was also pretty big until her hiatus started in 2009. When she returned, LOVE FANTASTIC only sold 6k. And LOVE TRiCKY only sold 5k. Certainly did not expect that, both as a long-time fan, and for the sheer fact that Ai also writes and produces almost all of her music.

-> <-
Old 14th October 2016, 12:25 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepRiver View Post
Fantτme still selling out in certain shops around Japan

U.Blog

Something interesting to read

BILLBOARD.com Article
Your selfie >> Utada's album sold out pic

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 14th October 2016, 10:06 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^so damn true
Old 14th October 2016, 10:55 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^not his fault

so she dropped quite a bit in the three days I was away. Hoped she could stay above 10k for a while.
Old 14th October 2016, 11:17 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^not his fault
You are right. It was rude of me. I deleted it. Joke that went awry, that I did not think through. I'm sorry.

Anyway, to save face here, I'm going to continue the conversation:

She did drop quite a few, but I presume that she'll have ups and downs for a little bit and then hopefully with this new MV it'll boost the sales a little bit again. Cause I'm still rooting for 500,000 even if it seems a little out of reach--this album deserves it!

Has it been announced what the new PV is? (There is going to be another one, right? Or am I getting overloaded by all my favorite artists doing something all at once? )

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Last edited by Miduhyo; 14th October 2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 14th October 2016, 11:47 AM

10.10: No. 1 - 13,155
10.11: No. 3 - 7,836
10.12: No.1 - 6,053
10.13: No.1 - 7,536

Est. Weekly Sales: 34,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Fantome's first press was 400k. Utada may be huge, but Ai Otsuka was also pretty big until her hiatus started in 2009. When she returned, LOVE FANTASTIC only sold 6k. And LOVE TRiCKY only sold 5k. Certainly did not expect that, both as a long-time fan, and for the sheer fact that Ai also writes and produces almost all of her music.

Ai chan was actually less popular before she went on hiatus. Her peak was LOVE COOK, then she started going downhill after that. LOVE PiECE still had decent sales, but everything after that was meh (e.g., HEART STATION was released in 2008 March, sold over a million in the end. LOVE LETTER was released in 2008 December, sold 179K in the end). I always think the time she lost the Ninhon record awards was the moment her fate went south. I still don't know how it would turn out if she was the one winning the award instead of kuu (Planetarium was huge that year. But kuu got a big push by avex after releasing her first best).

Oh well, enough Ai chan. Back to hikki. I think she can go to 500K in the end. She will at least get 50K this week. Hope there will be another Sunday boost again.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:12 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post

Ai chan was actually less popular before she went on hiatus. Her peak was LOVE COOK, then she started going downhill after that. LOVE PiECE still had decent sales, but everything after that was meh (e.g., HEART STATION was released in 2008 March, sold over a million in the end. LOVE LETTER was released in 2008 December, sold 179K in the end). I always think the time she lost the Ninhon record awards was the moment her fate went south. I still don't know how it would turn out if she was the one winning the award instead of kuu (Planetarium was huge that year. But kuu got a big push by avex after releasing her first best).

Oh well, enough Ai chan. Back to hikki. I think she can go to 500K in the end. She will at least get 50K this week. Hope there will be another Sunday boost again.
Ai chan has become so unpopular to me that it actually took me a looooong time to remember who you guys were even talking about until I saw Planetarium (which I did a personal cover for because I loved it that much!) Is she still around nowadays???? (I don't mean that in a bad way, I really am curious.) It's sad that I don't know this because around the time of Planetarium, she was one of my favorite artists but then she kinda just poofed. Disappeared. I had no idea it was an hiatus. I thought maybe she just got bored with the music scene--which happens. (by the way, you seem to be very knowledgeable in your J-pop. I find most your posts very interesting to read.)

But you're right. This isn't her thread, we shouldn't dot on her too much here. Especially considering Hikki's been gone eight years, we need to keep this thread strictly about her to make up for all that lost time!!!

I think there'll be another Sunday boost. Maybe not as big as last time, but better than this weeks for sure. I'm guessing 12,000-18,000. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe 20,000+ Somewhere in that range. I'd love for it to be more, but that's the safest bet I'd put.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Last edited by Miduhyo; 14th October 2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 14th October 2016, 04:00 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

^ Ai took a hiatus because she got pregnant and then got married to Rip-slyme who she had done a collab song with. She came back with a new EDM album called LOVE TRiCKY last year and it's amazing! It's available on iTunes even.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 14th October 2016, 04:21 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Ai is still the best...she is a true artist and her last albums was just awesome (LOVE FANTASTIC was blacklister album tho). its a pity she couldn't get back on her feet...at least with moderate success like Mika Nakashima.
Old 14th October 2016, 04:32 PM
Initiate

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...121589&page=13

by the way ... wolverine has fallen in love ...

Old 14th October 2016, 04:44 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Ai is still the best...she is a true artist and her last albums was just awesome (LOVE FANTASTIC was blacklister album tho). its a pity she couldn't get back on her feet...at least with moderate success like Mika Nakashima.
LOVE FANTASTIC was far superior for me. The title track, Lai Lai, and 9 were classic Ai. Also, LUCKY STAR turned out to be not half bad.

In her latest effort, Summer lovely days made me want to drive a pick-axe through my forehead. Similar reaction to affair and Parallel World. The album was just too reject-Ami Suzuki for me, with maddening television-commerical-like chorus melodies. And that's saying a lot if Amis rejecting it, lmao. busy lady was great though!

Last edited by Zeke.; 14th October 2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 14th October 2016, 05:51 PM
Secret Initiate

PLEASE do not get me started on the flawless LOVE TRiCKY lol

The wolf song off Fantome I really do not like... and DeepRiver you got Instagram? lol
Old 14th October 2016, 06:06 PM
forgiveness Initiate

And here we are admiring DeepRiver ...and yeah got Insta? lmao

^I actually kinda enjoy Kouya no Ookami once it left the opening part, because it's so idk well arranged and majestic or so
Old 14th October 2016, 06:08 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
And here we are admiring DeepRiver ...and yeah got Insta? lmao

^I actually kinda enjoy Kouya no Ookami once it left the opening part, because it's so idk well arranged and majestic or so
I'm gonna give the entire album another spin in a bit here. I'll try to really digest the song.
Old 14th October 2016, 08:18 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepRiver View Post
That was ummm... rude.

Today Music Station talked about March, 28th 2001, the day when Distance and A BEST were released. Like U.Blog posted, that day alone, Ayu sold 1.61M copies while Utada sold 1.63M, making 3/28/01 the day with the overall highest CD sales in Japanese history.

For me, that's unimaginable haha

Old 14th October 2016, 08:34 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

^ I don't see anything rude about him linking Ai's thread? It's her thread for a reason.
Old 14th October 2016, 08:44 PM
Trauma Initiate

^It's not like people don't know there's a thread for Ai here. We all know that. If people are talking about her here it's because it is relevant to the topic since it started about comparing Hikki's and Ai's reception post-hiatus.

So, linking her thread here is good for... what really?

Tags
hikki, jpop, utada hikaru