ayu's wikipedia page (EN) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 16th July 2022, 01:46 PM
Because of You Initiate

ayu's wikipedia page (EN)

I have recently checked ayu's wikipedia page. I noticed lots of information is outdated.

The discography is completely outdated.

Does anyone know how to update it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayumi_Hamasaki

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 16th July 2022, 02:51 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

You can go to Edit and edit the page yourself if you want. It has some recent info (Summer Again is briefly mentioned) but indeed it could use a general update. A lot of work though, I'm always super impressed at well-maintained pages (and Ayu's, if not recently updated, is pretty thorough!).
Old 16th July 2022, 11:16 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxesven View Post
You can go to Edit and edit the page yourself if you want. It has some recent info (Summer Again is briefly mentioned) but indeed it could use a general update. A lot of work though, I'm always super impressed at well-maintained pages (and Ayu's, if not recently updated, is pretty thorough!).
really? I have never edited things on wikipedia...

Old 17th July 2022, 01:24 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I was thinking about updating it because it barely mentioned anything she's done since her return in the career section. It's just kinda annoying getting all the sources, especially since there is a lack of articles (sources like Arama etc don't count) that talk about her new stuff. It's mostly press releases, but that should be enough for a mention in her article. I'll have a look.
I've been keeping her releases up-to-date but I ran into some issues regarding sources and notability etc, so I didn't feel like working on the main article, as well.

Just checked the page and someone did update it to mention the recent singles, which is something! I think, for a while, DaD was the last release to be mentioned in the main article.
So I'd say that, as of right now, most of the important stuff is mentioned at least, but it's missing stuff like her embarking on a proper tour again, her participating in the 17Live thing or her Bilibili Macro Link performance.
Maybe I'll add that sometime soon...

"The discography is completely outdated."
Do you mean the discography section that only includes her albums? Or the stuff that's mentioned in the "Life and career" section? If it's the former, that is actually as updated as it can be. They only include studio albums there, after all. For some time they had three categories there which listed all her albums, EPs & compilations but it got changed back.

Also, anyone can edit a Wikipedia page, as long as it's not protected. Entering the info of your sources correctly might be a tad confusing in the beginning, especially if you use Japanese articles.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 17th July 2022 at 01:39 AM.
Old 17th July 2022, 01:33 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post

"The discography is completely outdated."
Do you mean the discography section that only includes her albums? Or the stuff that's mentioned in the "Life and career" section? If it's the former, that is actually as updated as it can be. They only include studio albums there, after all. For some time they had three sub-sections which listed all her albums, EPs & vompilations but it got changed back.

Also, anyone can a Wikipedia page, as long as it's not protected. Entering the info of your sources correctly might be a tad confusing in the beginning, especially if you use Japanese articles.
Check the bottom section...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubl...mi_Hamasaki_EP)

The discography only updated Made in Japan.
It doesn't have anything after that album, e.g. TROUBLE, A Ballads 2

The tour section is also not updated. There are more tours after 2012..

Old 17th July 2022, 01:41 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I think you posted the wrong link?

Edit: The tour section in her article is updated, too. Not every tour has an article (unless there is lots of information on a tour or it was released & charted pretty well, it's not considered notable enough to receive its own article) but the names are listed.

I've been looking at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayumi_Hamasaki

Edit 2:

I just checked this article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayum...ki_videography

All tours that were released separately are included in the article. The rest is listed under her main article.

Plus, the discography one includes TROUBLE, AB2 & the new singles (listed under their respective categories). In fact, it even lists the Spotify playlists Ayu/her team 'released'.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayum...ki_discography

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 17th July 2022 at 01:58 AM.
Old 17th July 2022, 07:51 AM
Because of You Initiate

I mean this part https://imgur.com/a/Yp1jFv5

Old 17th July 2022, 08:24 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Ohh, I think you can only see that in the web version and since I'm on my phone I missed it. I'm going to update that section in the next few days if nobody else has done it by then. Shouldn't take too long, technically.

Pretty sure that part only lists articles, though, so AB2 would remain absent, for instance. But as I said, I'll have a look soon.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 17th July 2022 at 08:29 AM.
Old 17th July 2022, 05:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Ohh, I think you can only see that in the web version and since I'm on my phone I missed it. I'm going to update that section in the next few days if nobody else has done it by then. Shouldn't take too long, technically.

Pretty sure that part only lists articles, though, so AB2 would remain absent, for instance. But as I said, I'll have a look soon.
Thank you for your help!
I don't know how to edit it... otherwise I would like to help

Old 17th July 2022, 06:10 PM
Far away Initiate

By the way, editing Ayu's wikipedia page is more complicated since it is a featured article, you can see the star in the right corner. It is more complicated to edit it without experience in Wikipedia or without being a user.

Quote:
Featured articles are considered to be some of the best articles Wikipedia has to offer, as determined by Wikipedia's editors. They are used by editors as examples for writing other articles. Before being listed here, articles are reviewed as featured article candidates for accuracy, neutrality, completeness, and style according to our featured article criteria. Many featured articles were previously good articles (which are reviewed with a less restrictive set of criteria). There are 6,110 featured articles out of 6,545,163 articles on the English Wikipedia (about 0.09% or one out of every 1,070 articles). Articles that no longer meet the criteria can be proposed for improvement or removal at featured article review.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 17th July 2022, 10:19 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Damn, that is pretty impressive too.

@Katsu: awesome, let us know when you get round to it! I think indeed that section only contains (links to) other articles, though isn't it the case that you can also refer to an article that doesn't exist yet? (These links usually show up in red for me, I think.)
Old 17th July 2022, 10:35 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I plan on adding the links first (probably going to do that tomorrow when I have access to a laptop) & then I'll see if I can add some additional information in the career section.

@sxesven: Yes, that is a common thing (you can see it in the concert section) but as far as I'm concerned, this list only includes already-existing articles. It's supposed to be a general overview of all articles about Ayu's major projects, I think.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 17th July 2022 at 10:37 PM.
Old 17th July 2022, 10:41 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I agree, makes more sense. And few things as disheartening as hoping to go down a Wikipedia rabbit hole and then finding a bunch of links that refer to nothing. Unless those articles are written including links that refer to nothing makes little sense!

You're a hero for getting on it, awesome!