[Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ II - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 20th January 2011, 06:56 PM
AyumiAi's Avatar
AyumiAi AyumiAi is offline
still alone Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MOMENTStreal, CAROLSanada
Posts: 2,524
^ agreed unless she does some major promotion with her face plastered all over the place
and every song having a super strong tie in (which is all very unlikely)
then yes it probably is but oh well ;p good job ayu!
__________________


set made my me

  #122  
Old 20th January 2011, 07:05 PM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
so maybe 260-280k total? I'm very happy! I didn't think it'd pass 250k originally. this is probably her last album that ever will so enjoy it guys~
well hello pessimism.

I don't think that at all.
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
  #123  
Old 20th January 2011, 07:20 PM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
well hello pessimism.

I don't think that at all.
i think that 260k at least is possible... but not 280k...

and well, she won't promote more this album cuz avex and ayu are ok with the sales.. if they weren't, of course they would promote it more
__________________
  #124  
Old 20th January 2011, 09:41 PM
love in music's Avatar
love in music love in music is offline
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 13,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
well hello pessimism.

I don't think that at all.
not really, just being realistic. you can go on expecting her to outsell this album with her next or having a less than 50k drop, but you'll just end up disappointed because there is a very slim chance of that happening.
__________________
  #125  
Old 21st January 2011, 02:36 AM
lividlillies's Avatar
lividlillies lividlillies is offline
Two of us Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 204
Ayu's been having a lot of publicity at the beginning of this year, what with her engagement and marriage, and I think it's helped put her back in the mainstream public eye. Rather than a huge drop, I think her next album will have similar sales.
__________________

This set brought to you by ownsarai.
  #126  
Old 21st January 2011, 03:35 AM
freedreamer's Avatar
freedreamer freedreamer is offline
Don't look back Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 18,041
I bet Love songs gained more exposure overseas esp with her marriage news all over. Seems like being in the news really changes a lot of factors. And Love songs is an album that grows on the listener so that might help for the longevity too
  #127  
Old 21st January 2011, 03:39 AM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
now what i rly want is a long and steady chart life...
__________________
  #128  
Old 21st January 2011, 04:28 AM
AyumiAi's Avatar
AyumiAi AyumiAi is offline
still alone Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MOMENTStreal, CAROLSanada
Posts: 2,524
Hmmm who knows hopefully you guys are rig but time after time we think well maybe this time sales will be higher or not so much lower because of ____ and it always seem to drop or Wtv hopefully though love songs has a long chart life
__________________


set made my me

  #129  
Old 21st January 2011, 04:36 AM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
we could also hope for the other artists to sell less than ayu this year hehe just kidding
__________________

Last edited by brener; 21st January 2011 at 04:39 AM.
  #130  
Old 21st January 2011, 06:25 AM
Polyrhythm Polyrhythm is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,650
Not happening. AKB48 is releasing an album. Namie is releasing an album. Kumi is releasing an album.
  #131  
Old 21st January 2011, 06:48 AM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
kumi has a lot of chances to sell less than ayu.. i mean, her last album+best album sold only a few thousands more than RNRC and it was a studio album + a best album, of course fans expected more and RNRC was only a studio album... if UNIVERSE wasnt released with the BEST it would surely sold less copies...
__________________
  #132  
Old 21st January 2011, 07:03 AM
Cherry Dynamite Cherry Dynamite is offline
neverending dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BUNNY LAND
Posts: 4,157
By a few you mean over 50 thousands right?
  #133  
Old 21st January 2011, 07:10 AM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
^

do u RLY think that 50k when talking about an album is a big number?

and there's the fact that ayu released A STUDIO ALBUM and koda A STUDIO + BEST ALBUM together... koda should has sold like 500k copies at least, her album + best album sold like a normal studio album....
__________________
  #134  
Old 21st January 2011, 07:30 AM
Polyrhythm Polyrhythm is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,650
Um what year do you think we're in? 2008?
  #135  
Old 21st January 2011, 07:36 AM
Cherry Dynamite Cherry Dynamite is offline
neverending dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BUNNY LAND
Posts: 4,157
Umm BEST ALBUM isn't really a big seller as it used to be lol unless you're really popular or you're the current 'it'.

and yes 50k is a huge number if it isn't then, it wouldn't be a problem for Ayu to sell additional 50k right?
  #136  
Old 21st January 2011, 07:40 AM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
well, let's see then, i doubt she will sell loads like u're meaning ^^ she can sell more than ayu with this new album, but not something like +100k copies...
__________________

Last edited by brener; 21st January 2011 at 07:55 AM.
  #137  
Old 21st January 2011, 07:54 AM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
Replace Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
well, let's see then, i doubt she will sell loads like u're meaning ^^ she can sell more than ayu with this new albuml, but not something like +100k copies...
Agreed. If Dejavu sells more than Love songs it's not gonna be by far. 20-30k tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Dynamite View Post
and yes 50k is a huge number if it isn't then, it wouldn't be a problem for Ayu to sell additional 50k right?
How does that even make sense?
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

  #138  
Old 21st January 2011, 08:03 AM
Cherry Dynamite Cherry Dynamite is offline
neverending dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BUNNY LAND
Posts: 4,157
The logic is pretty simple if 50k isn't a bit deal then shouldn't it be easy to sell additional 50k? I'm not insulting anyone but saying 50k isn't huge in today's sales is pretty flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
well, let's see then, i doubt she will sell loads like u're meaning ^^ she can sell more than ayu with this new album, but not something like +100k copies...
I didn't say that it'll sell tons nor did I say it'll outsell Love songs, all I said was 50k is a lot.
  #139  
Old 21st January 2011, 08:07 AM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,474
i don't think that if an album outsold other by 50k even nowadays (in japan) we can tell that it outsold the other by a huge number of copies... 50k matters, of course, but isn't THAT HUGE.
__________________
  #140  
Old 21st January 2011, 08:13 AM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
Replace Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Dynamite View Post
The logic is pretty simple if 50k isn't a bit deal then shouldn't it be easy to sell additional 50k? I'm not insulting anyone but saying 50k isn't huge in today's sales is pretty flawed.
You're not insulting anyone, but I think you are wrong. You can only say it shouldn't be hard for someone to sell 50k, not additional 50k as that way it simply doesn't make that much sense, as you can't keep selling additional 50k all the time (depending on how long has the album been on the charts). You could as well say that 1000 copies is a big deal when an album is in it's 15th week and barely selling 50 copies a day. 50k isn't that big deal for the majority of popular artists, for people who barely sell it is. For Ayu who's singles sell around 50k in 2-3 days tops, it still isn't.
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, charts, love songs, oricon, sales

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.