'again' mini album out December 8th, 2nd of five 15th anniversary releases [IV] - Page 14 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Curtain call Initiate

No wonder she said she was bruised from filming.
Maro beating the crap out of ayu grrrr.

I only like snowy kiss pv.
Old 7th December 2012, 10:55 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I understand that this kind of stuff is frowned upon in Japanese culture but should ayu conform to cultural standards she may not agree with just because she's Japanese? And is her personal life truly being exploited in her work simply because Maro is featured in photos for this release? Was she exploiting her relationship with him in You & Me when no one knew they were dating? Had we not known now, would it still be a problem? I'm not attacking or anything, just making convo.
That's actually an interesting point. Maro has been her dancer for years, she used Shuya in so many of her PVs and I've never thought that was strange.

Tbh I don't care as I'd personally be happy if she never had her dancers in her videos. At least they didn't ruin Sweet scar.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 7th December 2012, 11:03 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I still think his usage in again is simply as a faceless male model even though most fans know of him as "Maro". They try to not show his face at all.
Old 7th December 2012, 11:52 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
I understand that this kind of stuff is frowned upon in Japanese culture but should ayu conform to cultural standards she may not agree with just because she's Japanese? And is her personal life truly being exploited in her work simply because Maro is featured in photos for this release? Was she exploiting her relationship with him in You & Me when no one knew they were dating? Had we not known now, would it still be a problem? I'm not attacking or anything, just making convo.
I know it's really really difficult to understand why I'm saying these things, like it's a cultural thing, etc.

And before I go further, I wanna point out that in no way in my last post did I say that she's exploiting this relationship. I have revised my thinking from before because clearly this relationship isn't giving her any bonus points in her professional life, so yeah.

However, there comes a point where some things are just too insensitive to the public. First and foremost, she is a public figure. She has said many times before that she has a responsibility to be Hamasaki Ayumi at all times, for her fans. That she has a responsibility to portray and perform the role of Hamasaki Ayumi. Unlike overseas fans, Japanese fans really become very fanatical about their favourite fans. Sorry to say, but it's the truth. Every single thing the artist does, we react to personally, whether it be very very good, or very very bad. There are some people who even commit suicide over their favourite artist' actions. She has continuously said that even if only one person listens to her, she will continue to sing. That means that she actually cares about what her fans are thinking, feeling.

She isn't some mad artist who wants to experiment and doesn't care about the feelings of her fans. We all know this.

It would definitely not be a problem if we hadn't known, because the circumstances have changed. There is another factor in the equation that seems to be swaying what she's thinking and what she does. Like I said before, this equation is the relationship between both of them. No one knows for sure what's happening behind the scenes, but we only know what's happening on the surface. And it appears like it's causing Maro to get preferential treatment, and not even Mannie was on the front cover of any of her albums. Or in the booklets.

What I'm trying to say is, what may or may not be, the way it appears is the way I describe. And like many other of her fans over in here, I just can't accept that everything was a coincidence that she chose Maro randomly.

And whether you guys may hate this kind of thinking, the truth is that Japan right now has the exact same thinking... everyone you talk to about Hamasaki Ayumi says "Oh she's gone so crazy. I loved when she was younger, but now she's just trying to hard. She's over."

And looking at Again sales, it's true. This scandal has hit her very, very hard.
Old 7th December 2012, 11:55 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
And looking at Again sales, it's true. This scandal has hit her very, very hard.
I don't agree.

I think people are just confused about the release date. I mean, did anyone expect it to come out on Friday instead of Tuesday?
Old 8th December 2012, 12:02 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I don't agree.

I think people are just confused about the release date. I mean, did anyone expect it to come out on Friday instead of Tuesday?
? Why would it come out Tuesday?

Release date is Today, the 8th...
Old 8th December 2012, 12:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
? Why would it come out Tuesday?

Release date is Today, the 8th...
Probably because LOVE had a release date of 'the 8th' but it was still released along with the other releases that were going to be released a day or two earlier?

I'm aware of that, but I think the furage day in addition to out of the ordinary release dates are just confusing to people who are for the most part, used to getting releases on certain days of the week.

I remember when GUILTY got like 20k first day (then again this was back during the index days when you had to multiply) because of a super early Christmas release?
Old 8th December 2012, 12:25 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
Her sells decrease because of the lack of promotion ... Avex thinks that she can sell pretty well, just because of the name "ayumi hamasaki" stamped on CD/DVD. But actually it isn't enough, and they don't see it. She could sell a lot, not like in her earlier career, but at least like in MY STORY/(m)u era if they decide to pilot her promotional stuff in a better way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Seems like Team Ayu are sick of her antics and gimmicks, what with the report of people cancelling their Team Ayu membership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuWorld View Post
it's too difficult to handle this era and this 15th anniversary as an Ayu fan

honestly im sad and worried for "the throne of the Queen and her reputation" it is sad to see all these now
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
It's not only the lack of promo ! it's also the scandal with maro & I'm sure her performance of seasons at FNS that all japanese have find terrible don't help it etc... It's very sad
Have to agree with all those reasons.

Have to say, this has made 2012 the WORST year for Ayu...she has got to take a break soon. We just can't let her continue on without a break...and she hasn't done one since she started her career back in 1998.
Old 8th December 2012, 12:39 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It was just an observation from a Japanese fan and is probably also coincidence...

Let's look at the last three COUNTDOWN LIVE titles not counting WAKE UP:
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2011-2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2009-2010 A ~Future Classics~

Anyone see the parallels? (LOVE from "HOTEL Love songs", again from "do it again", A CLASSICAL from "Future Classics) If it does end up being 'forrealz'... the 4th release will be some kind of PREMIUM thing of some sort and the fifth will have 'Anniversary' in the title?

PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE 2008-2009 A
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2007-2008 A ~Anniversary~

This is likely not true but still interesting.
Old 8th December 2012, 12:44 AM
Initiate

^ Definitely more interesting than people bawwing about how her career is over lol

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 8th December 2012, 12:52 AM
Don't look back Initiate

wOW..thats kinda cool HAHA! interesting ^^
Old 8th December 2012, 12:53 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
^ Definitely more interesting than people bawwing about how her career is over lol
THIS

And for those people crying over her choosing Maro for the cover. It came out of her vagina, you start deal with it. She is the one who choses the songs she releases, the covers (although in Sunrise/Sunset and A SUMMER she should had asked for advise xD) and everything she wants.

Last edited by My Rainbow; 8th December 2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 8th December 2012, 01:09 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
It came out of her vagina, you start deal with it.
omg this is brilliant.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 8th December 2012, 01:17 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
ive been saying this for weeks now.
Old 8th December 2012, 01:18 AM
P.S II Initiate

My rainbow, in Spanish sounds better ne xD

And about that theory, I do not want anything "PREMIUM" with lots of expensive things like tea or cookies lol, better a premium booklet or something like that with the cd (single-album-mini-remix-whatever)
Otherwise, it makes a lot of sense since the last release might celebrate her anniversary, thought it'll be the next month, maybe the premium thing will be the last 2 releases and then the anniversary, I don't know :/

Old 8th December 2012, 01:22 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishfan View Post
My rainbow, in Spanish sounds better ne xD
QUE HAGA LO QUE LE SALGA DER COÑOOOOOOO!!!!

As a "fan" I want Ayu to be devastated and lonely her whole life so she can write songs that describe my life and feel special.

Old 8th December 2012, 01:59 AM
And Then Initiate

BEST ANNIVERSARY. I just can see it... xDD
Old 8th December 2012, 02:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

wow the idea of the cdl titles is a bit crazy but it does make some sense Maybe we'll get a "Premium Hotel Love Songs Tour DVD"?

Her boobs in Wake me up made me rewatch that jumping scene for a couple of minutes oh my god

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 8th December 2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 8th December 2012, 02:14 AM
GREEN Initiate

Really, I dont think ayumi is this in depth with her releases.
but we shall see.
Old 8th December 2012, 03:46 AM
JEWEL Initiate

@maikuru

Quote:
However, there comes a point where some things are just too insensitive to the public. First and foremost, she is a public figure. She has said many times before that she has a responsibility to be Hamasaki Ayumi at all times, for her fans. That she has a responsibility to portray and perform the role of Hamasaki Ayumi.
Yes, but Hamasaki Ayumi, the artist and performer, has been known to push cultural boundaries. She has also been known to speak out for/or against things she feels strongly about. Does it make her any less ayumi hamasaki the artist because she chooses to express her feelings boldly in her work this time? How is she not fulfilling her responsibility? Are fans not fulfilling their role by abandoning her for creative decision? Do we not have a responsibility to be understanding? Or is the relationship between ayu and her fans strictly professional? We pay for her music so she has a responsibility to us to conduct herself in an orderly fashion according to our beliefs and feelings? How can you claim to love someone if you treat them like that? (again, not attacking lol)

Quote:
Unlike overseas fans, Japanese fans really become very fanatical about their favourite fans. Sorry to say, but it's the truth. Every single thing the artist does, we react to personally, whether it be very very good, or very very bad. There are some people who even commit suicide over their favourite artist' actions. She has continuously said that even if only one person listens to her, she will continue to sing. That means that she actually cares about what her fans are thinking, feeling.
Setting cultural differences aside, this is not very healthy behavior. And in reality, regardless of whether or not ayu takes her fans feelings into consideration she cannot, and in my opinion, does not compromise her musical creativity (be it, PVs, covers, performance, etc.) for her fans. Yes, she does cater to fans a lot but she still does things she wants to do, too. And many times both interests connect. But, if she wants to do something fans may not agree with she has the right to do it, period. It is not because she doesn't care about her fans feelings but because she cannot constantly be a slave to her fans demands. We know this because she has stood up for what she believes in against her fans wishes in the past.

I understand that there are strong cultural reasons for this issue becoming a "scandal," but can you at least see how this is... well, for lack of a better word, an overreaction?

It's just silly to me that Japanese fans as well as some foreign ones freak out over her expressing her love for someone on a cover but when she has her ass out on all fours, no scandal!

People may have complained about Party Queen but no one boycotted it.
Closed Thread

Tags
『again』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, ayumi hamasaki