[ARASHI] The 33rd thread ~ 45th single Sakura (25.2) - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 29th May 2013, 02:04 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Intergalactic is my fave outta the 3 as it's so different . There's techno yeah but this time round I don't mind as it fits theme very well

Monochrome is very odd & Magic hour sounds like something Hey ! Say ! JUMP might do -_-

1st day sales for Endless Game - 230,750

Higher than 1st day sales of Your Eyes which's good ! I don't count Calling / Breathless as it will not be fair since it had 3 editions while their single A-side had 2 editions

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 29th May 2013, 05:48 PM
SAKURA Initiate

the first day sales are great!

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 30th May 2013, 02:59 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm not surprised about #1, and the high sales numbers...is this just another Arashi single release? The first day of 230,000+ - well, it's not like they do 400,000 in one day; I'm estimating 500,000?
Old 31st May 2013, 05:37 PM
SAKURA Initiate

"Endless Game" @ MUSIC STATION:

Old 1st June 2013, 05:52 AM

Arashi Talks About Their Upcoming Fuji TV Special "Atarashi Arashi"

Quote:
Arashi willl take on a different twist on a television program as they do Fuji TV's 2-part special "Atarashi Arashi" where they will be teaming up with certain directors according to their assigned project.

Satoshi Ohno is assigned to do the "mischief" project where he will be doing a graffiti. Sakurai Sho was delighted to know that he will be doing the "real face" task where he will be spending a day with a stranger.

Jun Matsumoto's patience will be tested as he will be assigned for the "challenge" project where he should keep away from pressure and maintain his poise after doing the so-called "Ultimate Challenge".

While Masaki Aiba will take on the "gourmet" tour and hopes he will be given a Hawaiian vacation. And lastly, Kazunari Ninomiya will be doing a comedy skit performing it with two female entertainers for his "comedy" project.

"Atarashi Arashi" will air for two Saturdays starting on July 13 at 11:30PM (JST) and July 20 at 11:40PM (JST).
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/arashi-...hi::14161.html

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 3rd June 2013, 01:41 AM

[Oricon] Arashi achieves the top spot in overall DVD sales for 3rd consecutive week

Quote:
Released on April 24th, Arashi’s DVD “ARASHI LIVE TOUR Popcorn” has sold 19,000 copies (and an accumulative total of 650,000 copies) on its third week, topping May 20th weekly sales charts for overall DVD sales ranking following their achievement from the previous two weeks.

This is their third work to ever achieve this after "ARASHI AROUND ASIA 2008 in TOKYO" (March 2009) and "ARASHI アラフェス" (December 2012). As for other artists, the only one to ever achieve this has been Mr.Children with "Mr.Children DOME TOUR 2009~SUPERMARKET FANTASY~IN TOKYO DOME" (May 2010) which until then was an unprecedented record.

This work comes for their latest tour, held in important domes of 5 major cities in Japan from November 2012 to January 2013. Within this live, they recorded this DVD during their presentation in Tokyo Dome held last December.
http://www.jenewsdaily.com/2013/06/0...secutive-week/

Kanjani8 to support Sakurai Sho as MC in “THE MUSIC DAY” special corner

Quote:
On May 9th it was revealed that Kanjani8 will participate in NTV 60th Broadcasting Anniversary program "THE MUSIC DAY Ongaku no Chikara" (July 6th) as special MC of any music special for the first time. Murakami Shingo excitedly commented, "Since this is our first attempt, it's definitely a challenge, this is what we've been aiming for since all the way back in Osaka, we are thankful to get showcased during one day!".

As previously announced, in this program Arashi Sakurai Sho will serve as overall host during the 12 hours of this musical special live to take place in Chiba Makuhari Messe. Gorgeous artists will gather to sing their greatest hits to introduce the precious footage archive collected during NTV's 60 years of broadcast across the country. Kanjani8 participation consists of supporting Sakurai in their special corner "Cover & Collabo LIVE (Tentative)" from a different venue in Tokyo. Talented artists in singing, dancing and performance will gather and will deploy into a variety of collaborations.

Yasuda Shota fired up, "Standing in the MC position can convey a lot of things and show a new angle, although I think the future has a great variety of experiences ahead of us while we step on this first step". Maruyama Ryuhei revved up saying, "There's a great deal of tension since this is the first time we do this type of live. Mistakes are not allowed, I'm looking forward to a lot of happenings and situations while enjoying a good atmosphere".

Kanjani8 won't be just MC-ing but is also scheduled to kick in a high gear live performance, blasting with a full band and dancing show. Ohkura Tadayoshi commented, "We've been doing band performances for almost 10 years, I don't think people know how far each of us can go with instruments, I think we can show people a side of us that's not only doing stupid and playful things if we put some muscle into it".

In the said program there will also be special medley like "Anime Song Medley" and you can send your opinion or recommendations through a questionnaire in the show's website. "The Power of Music THE MUSIC DAY" special program will be broadcasted on July 6th in NTV.
http://www.jenewsdaily.com/2013/06/0...pecial-corner/

Last edited by KarenPang; 3rd June 2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 3rd June 2013, 05:06 PM

So I finally went to see Nino's Platina Data movie with my sisters during mid/late afternoon - early evening

The 1st movie I watched which Nino acts & I must say Platina Data was quite an adventure

Lots of twists & turns with the ending being quite unexpected . Now I know why outta the 5 in the group , Nino is deemed the best actor as compared to the rest

My youngest sister didn't liked it that much as there were quite a few parts that's quite confusing but luckily I managed to get the hang of things & the movie's in total 134 mins long

Quite a few people purposely stayed behind even when the ending credits were rolling , all just to hear Breathless including me haha

Old 5th June 2013, 10:54 AM

Weekly Sales:
Endless Game: 477,869

Single

**1 477,869 477,869 嵐 Endless Game
*56 **1,607 878,388 嵐 Calling

音楽DVD

*3 *3 **8,834 674,552 *4 嵐 / ARASHI LIVE TOUR Popcorn 13/04/24
12 12 **1,093 785,059 39 嵐 / ARASHI アラフェス 12/12/26

Old 5th June 2013, 05:22 PM
SAKURA Initiate

the first week sales of "Endless Game" are fantastic! i'm very happy for arashi.

Old 5th June 2013, 05:29 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Not 480,000, but still pretty nice...I'll bear with that. (Better than "Your Eyes", for sure...)
Old 7th June 2013, 10:26 AM

Arashi's latest single tops Oricon weekly chart

Quote:
Popular group Arashi's 41st single "Endless Game" (released on May 29th) sold 478,000 copies in the first week of its release, topping Oricon's weekly ranking.

This makes 30 consecutive chart-topping singles (37th single in total) for the group since "PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE" (released in February 2004). Topping the chart for 30 consecutive singles has only been achieved by B'z, KinKi Kids, and Mr.Children, so Arashi is the fourth to accomplish the feat. Also, their total number of chart topping singles is now tied for second place at 37 with Hamasaki Ayumi. (No.1 is B'z at 46 singles).

"Endless Game" is being used as the theme song for member Sakurai Sho's ongoing Fuji TV drama "Kazoku Game".
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/201...n-weekly-chart

Old 10th June 2013, 03:33 AM

Sakurai Sho & Kanjani8 attend “THE MUSIC DAY” production announcement event

Quote:
On May 28th, Arashi Sakurai Sho (31) and Kanjani8 attended the production announcement conference of "THE MUSIC DAY The Power of Music", a special program as part of NTV celebrations for its 60th Anniversary since Broadcasting. The said event took place in SHIBUYA-AX, Tokyo with the presence of all 8 artists to participate as master of ceremonies. Sakurai will serve as overall host challenge a live show for 12 continuous hours, "My body is full of contradictory feelings. I'll try to go back and remember a lot of music for over 12 hours with the viewers", he enthusiastically added.

Sakurai was decided as chairman after his great work in last year's "24hr TV". He trusts announcer Hatori Shinichi (41) to support him during this show, "The time of this show is half of the time of '24hr TV' but we can't apply to that cause I'm just one member of Arashi, at moments like this I can only trust the power of Hatori-san".

Kanjani8 will be in charge of a special corner in another location in charge of presenting unexpected collaborations by different artist. Murakami Shingo (31) commented, "It would be cool if a classic song adds different sounds to create louder versions using the piano". In addition Nishikido Ryo (28), "I'm usually responsible of the guitar sound so I would like to create large guitar covers with people who are good at playing the guitar".

Sakurai who was listening to this talk among Kanjani8 members, calmly advised them regarding the production, "I hope you won't be joking like this during the show. You have to do it properly, that's all I want", causing laughter among the audience of 800 people. Yokoyama Yuu replied with a wry smile, "I wonder if we can do it? You see, joking is our strong point". Maruyama Ryuhei impatiently added, "Seems like our characteristics will be gone". Sakurai showed his skill as host, "I think is best if you just try to enjoy the show".

The program will have 3 parts, "The Greatest Songs Live" Part1&2 and "Utau de! Odoru de! THE Cover☆CollabTV", this last one hosted by Kanjani8. The audience will be able to participate on real-time to a special performance named "Arashi Feat.YOU".
http://www.jenewsdaily.com/2013/06/1...ncement-event/

Old 10th June 2013, 11:14 AM

Endless Game is certified Double Platinum for shipment of 500K copies

http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/gold/201305.html

Old 11th June 2013, 04:11 AM

Sakurai 's posters of "THE MUSIC DAY" in train stations

https://twitter.com/JE_NDA/status/344289989024174080

Old 14th June 2013, 03:59 AM

24hours TV Goods http://www.ntv.co.jp/24h/shop/goods/index.html

Old 16th June 2013, 04:02 PM

Happy 30th birthday Nino !!!

Finally he has joined the 30 year old club in ARASHI xD

Old 16th June 2013, 06:08 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Well, we still have Jun Matsumoto coming up to turn 30 on August 30th, and by that time all five members are in the 30s... Man, time sure really goes fast...
Old 17th June 2013, 02:04 AM

[Oricon] Arashi becomes the 4th artist to place 30 consecutive singles in the top spot

Quote:
Released on May 29th, Arashi’s 41st single “Endless Game” has sold 478,000 copies on its first week, topping June 10th weekly sales chart.

Among their 41 singles, 37 have reached the top spot but their record is 30 consecutive singles, this record started with "PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE" (February 2004). This is the 4th time any artist reaches that record after; B'z (currently 46 continuous singles), KinKi Kids (currently 32 continous singles) and Mr. Children (30 continuous singles).

In addition, they have tied in the 2nd place of most singles in the top spot with Hamasaki Ayumi with 37 singles, the top spot is occupied by B'z with 46 singles.

This singles has been appointed as theme song of Sakurai Sho starring drama "Kazoku Game" (FujiTV/Wednesday 10PM).
http://www.jenewsdaily.com/2013/06/1...-the-top-spot/

Old 18th June 2013, 02:38 AM

Ohno will star in this year's 24hr TV drama special "Kyo no Hi wa Sayonara" (Farewell for today)

He will play a 29 year old affected with malignant lymphoma sentenced to three months left of life. Screenplay by Hashibe Atsuko (Freeter, Ie wo Kau)

https://twitter.com/JE_NDA/status/346728534171074560

https://twitter.com/JE_NDA/status/346729443651375106

Last edited by KarenPang; 18th June 2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 18th June 2013, 09:29 AM

Ohno Satoshi to star in '24-Hour Television' drama special 'Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara'

Quote:
On June 17th, it was revealed that Arashi's Ohno Satoshi will be starring in 'Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara', which will air as a special drama for NTV's '24-Hour Television 36 Ai wa Chikyuu wo Sukuu' on August 24th. 

Ohno will play Kota, a 29-year-old man who is suddenly diagnosed with a type of blood cancer called malignant lymphoma. While given 3 months to live, he makes a resolve to accept his fate and face death properly.

"I want to sincerely face this difficult theme of 'live properly, die properly.' I also want to thoroughly face Kota and properly portray his 'strong will'," Ohno expressed.

Ohno is the third member from Arashi to play a lead role in 24-Hour Television's special drama following Matsumoto Jun's 'Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru' (2008) and Ninomiya Kazunari's 'Kuruma Isu de Boku wa Sora wo Tobu' (2012).

The story is based on Miyuki Kazuya's original novel, 'Oozora e no Tabidachi: Gan to Tatakainagara mo Yumemiteita Mirai'. The script will be written by Hashibe Atsuko, who was in charge of the Fuji TV drama, 'Freeter, Ie wo Kau' (2010).
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/201...hi-wa-sayonara

Tags
arashi, jstorm