[A] Rock'n'Roll Circus Tour FINAL ~7days Special~ thoughts? - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 17th July 2011, 10:48 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

So I watched the whole concert now and I'm a bit baffled.
It's a well executed concert, one coherent theme with some great performances.
But overall I didn't enjoyed as much as I thought I would.
There are too much things going one sometimes, too much people being involved.
I wanna see Ayu, not her staff!

But part for part:

circus
Meh, clowns. Not a fan of them and never will be. Pretty boring.
THE introduction - Microphone
Great opening! I love it, the atmosphere is amazing. And Ayu is in the center!
Last Angel
Oh my, even in this edited DVD version you can hear how much troubles she has singing this song! Such a shame, cause I love it so much.
About You
Not much to say, nice one, enjoyed it.
solitude - rainy day - BALLAD - MOON
Hm, I was looking forward to that part, cause everybody seems to love especially BALLAD - but it was too overplayed for me, just too much. I don't know if it would be different being there, but I was pretty cold during the whole section.
Rimbaud
That was great, I love drums!
count down
Love the song, Ayu did great here, great vocals.
Memorial Address
That was touching and strong! More emotional than the BALLAD section.
Virgin Road
The same like in TV, overall nice, but I seriously dislike how Ayu acts. O.o
memories
Don't like it, they could have used the screens better. I would have prefered an actual interlude movie with Ayu!
Don't Look Back - INSPIRE - Because of You
Don't Look Back was aytually quite boring, INSPIRE was the usual thing.Her vocals in Because of You weren't that great imo.
THE CABARET
Nicely done, enjoyed it really much! Well done, Peco and Princess.
Sexy Little Things
Love this one, even though there are so much people again on stage!! I love the idea with the one mimicing Ayu. One of my favourite performances out of the concert despite the mass of people.
STEP you
Was ok, but I hate the part where Ayu is singing in her overly cute voice at the end. >_<
Jump!
Again just her dancers. I wanna see Ayu! Would also prefer an interlude movie with Ayu here!
Lady Dynamite
Love the big screen and the effects they've done with the small ones! Again too much people, meh.
until that Day...
That was nice and pretty simple compared to the rest.
SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL
Hm, I dislike this mash up, I would have preferred SURREAL alone, it's one of my favourite songs. But it was nice overall.
Encore
Oh my, Sweet Season was actually nice here! But why is Ayu surrounded by so much dancers??

Seriously, it bothers me so much that Ayu isn't one single moment alone on stage! Not even in the encore!
She's using and relying too much on her staff. I wanna see Ayu in concert, not some pretty "random" people, cause everybody is exchangeable (except Yoochan and the band maybe).
Sometimes I really believe Ayu is dependent, she can't do without all those people anymore.
A friend watched a part along with me and he says at the end, without me asking him or anything, that Ayu is totally overshadowed by everything going on on stage. I so agree.
It's a new negative highlight.
Also Ayu is acting too much in some of those performances. It gets better in the second part, but than there are her dancers and her staff. >_<

I'm looking forward to watch PoM Tour, cause it's a more stripped down concert, more Ayu.
But also here she's using her dancers and even the clowns!
And isn't it sad that she needs something horrible to happen to recover the Power of Music?

It could be such a great concert,actually I like grand concerts as well as small intimate ones, but I still prefer AT 05. Cause that felt more or stronger like a real Ayu experience, she was the center.
I just hope this years tour and with all terrible happening she will focus more on her own appearance and her music.
I'm just sad she seems to like having everybody around her on stage.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 17th July 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:28 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ I think one explanation for all of the staff is the fact the theme is "circus" and there's usually more than one person in a circus so this concert was more of a group effort. In the PoM tour, there's a lot less going on because of the different theme.
Old 19th July 2011, 02:27 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

Corvina - she was alone during MOON, right?

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 19th July 2011, 07:22 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Watching it now, Rainy Day and BALLAD is Ayu's best ballad section yet
100% agreement!

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 19th July 2011, 08:05 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
yep, MOON was just her in the middle I loved that part
Old 19th July 2011, 11:03 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post

Seriously, it bothers me so much that Ayu isn't one single moment alone on stage! Not even in the encore!
She's using and relying too much on her staff. I wanna see Ayu in concert, not some pretty "random" people, cause everybody is exchangeable (except Yoochan and the band maybe).
Sometimes I really believe Ayu is dependent, she can't do without all those people anymore.
A friend watched a part along with me and he says at the end, without me asking him or anything, that Ayu is totally overshadowed by everything going on on stage. I so agree.
It's a new negative highlight.
Also Ayu is acting too much in some of those performances. It gets better in the second part, but than there are her dancers and her staff. >_<

I'm looking forward to watch PoM Tour, cause it's a more stripped down concert, more Ayu.
But also here she's using her dancers and even the clowns!
And isn't it sad that she needs something horrible to happen to recover the Power of Music?

It could be such a great concert,actually I like grand concerts as well as small intimate ones, but I still prefer AT 05. Cause that felt more or stronger like a real Ayu experience, she was the center.
I just hope this years tour and with all terrible happening she will focus more on her own appearance and her music.
I'm just sad she seems to like having everybody around her on stage.
Agreed, this is why Stadium is my fave live from Ayu because for much of it is just Ayu on stage and the tour had the right balance of dancers and best of all no backing vocals of death from beyond the grave courtesy of PECO and Princess.
Old 19th July 2011, 05:52 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
You're right, it was just her in MOON - but that was so little and I don't like the song that much, that's probably why I didn't remember it writing the review, sorry.
And I know part of the theme is "Circus", but they took it too far - even in a Circus every artist(s) is alone doing their tricks, just at the end with the big final everybody is coming out.
Well, I'm glad most people seem to like it though, it's not bad.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 21st July 2011, 02:22 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

So I just went ahead and replaced the studio versions of count down and Memorial address in my itunes with the live rips of the performances in this tour. Don't really see the point in listening to the originals anymore when I can listen to these performances that are vocally 100x better. Seriously in love with them.
Old 30th August 2011, 03:09 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I finally got around to watching my Rock'n'Roll circus Bluray. At times it was better than AT09 Next Level tour, and then performances like the Gomi-Peco-Princess one made me want to buy a large calibur pistol so I can shoot myself in the head and have some extra brain splatter on my Bluray disc. Also, rainy day was beyond terrible, it made the rainy day performance from the M(u) tour look like a Tony Award winning performance. What the hell was the whole thing with Ayu/Maro/Shuya/Midoring? I get what was going on, it was still beyond silly. Just do a solo with Maro or Shuya or perhaps Kazuma. I love the chemistry that Ayu has with that new dancer guy Kazuma, hopefully for future concerts he will take over the role as Ayus lover. Overall it was above-average, about the same as AT09, she hasn't really raised the bar since Asia Tour 2008.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 7 days special, arena tour 2010, rock'n'roll circus