RnR circus or Love songs? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 22nd December 2010, 02:40 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

i don't know which one to choose.honestly,i dislike both album.the album tracks in Love songs are better than rnrc but when i try to listen to the whole album,i feel like its not flowing smoothly and its so flat.at least i still can feel some 'climax' or a story line in rnrc.

IMO,it might be better if rnrc mix with love songs. XD
when i listen to love songs,i keep on looking at the time (because i feel like i've been listening to the album for hours ,but actually i just listened to it for around 10minutes) it is so draggy .sorry to say that i don't think i'll listen to Love songs (except the love song itself) for the third time

Old 22nd December 2010, 04:52 PM
And Then Initiate

I just wonder why Ayu didn't have this Love songs album for her 10th anniversary. Everything has been so pulled together this time. Oh well. XD
Old 22nd December 2010, 05:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumieregrl View Post
I just wonder why Ayu didn't have this Love songs album for her 10th anniversary
During that time, Perfume were on their peak, Electro-Pop was more mainstream and kind of a promising genre than ever before. It was just a clever idea of Avex to bring out an electro-pop based album of Ayu, so I guess, Love songs as 10th anniversary album would have been a bad idea.
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:10 PM
And Then Initiate

I like both albums but I think Love songs is better.

RnRC songs are kinda forgettable, I only like Don't look back, meaning of Love, Sexy Little Things, Microphone and Lady Dynamite. I don't really like the singles from RnRC.

Love songs to me is a very good album. It flows very well and I love the singles and album tracks equally. Love song, Like A Doll, Sending Mail, Do It Again, Virgin Road, Sweet Season, Last Angel, and blossom are very good!

Last edited by dayumi; 22nd December 2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:51 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I think emiko said it best, RnRC works well for individual tracks, Love songs works better as a whole. But in my opinion, that's what makes them both really good. RnRC has strong tracks, but together they don't necessarily make a strong album. Love songs has a collection of songs that might not necessarily all be strong on their own, but when you put them together you have a very strong album.

Also, RnRC was more aggressive, music and lyric-wise. Love songs is more passive and progressive. You can tell that the way Ayu feels in the beginning is not the same as she feels at the end of the album.

In short, I enjoy both albums, but I'm going to have to go with Love songs. It's just a better "album" where as RnRC is a better "collection of songs" xD;

Tags
love songs, rock'n'roll circus