[News] TeamAyu Live Tour 2015 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2015, 03:03 PM
Replace Initiate

I wish Ayu was giving us any reason to feel like she loved us more, so that way her Japanese fans' feelings of abandonment were justified. It's not like Ayu is giving us anything in exchange for what JP fans feel is being "taken" from them.

Sorry, JP fans... I feel abandoned too lol
Old 7th July 2015, 03:13 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I don't think JP fans feel like she's giving more to her western fans (well maybe a little with TA going global) but they must feel that now her personal life (aka her life with her husband/her life in the US) is more important than her career and her relationship with her fans, i'm not sure if they all feel like that but i'm sure some of them felt let down when she started to live in the US simply because they feel like Ayu should dedicate all her life to her career like she used to in the past
Kinda like "Bitch why are u always marrying white guys??? Damn no, get yo ass back in Japan and record good music for us"

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 7th July 2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 7th July 2015, 03:26 PM
Who... Initiate

does she even live in US anymore? i thought she moved out back to Asia or something

i feel like JP fans are more judgmental than western fans, it's not right to be like she own us anything really
Old 7th July 2015, 04:07 PM
Replace Initiate

It's possible that they mostly just feel like she's abandoning her career in favor of her personal life, but JP fans were awfully hostile when she started communicating in English more... it's hard not to feel like they're jealous for no good reason.

But that said, yeah if they just feel like she's abandoned her career in a general sense, I don't think their concerns are unfounded, especially among older fans. Her workaholism was a big part of who she was, and her hands-on approach was a BIG part of her appeal, it was talked up in the media a LOT. Even i'm having a hard time getting used to her current approach, and honestly I'd be lying if I said I thought the quality of some of her work wasn't suffering because of it... but to feel like Ayu is abandoning her "ibasho" is really really silly.
Old 7th July 2015, 05:42 PM
BEST Initiate

Many artists abandon their careers for their personal lives (think YUI, ostuka ai etc), however they 'stayed home'. Utada married a white guy and abandoned her career (not in that order) and has even greater ties to the US. This is the difference: To marry (two) caucasians, buy houses elsewhere and make music overseas, no longer participating in TV programs and not making CMs however, gives the impression that ayu doesn't enjoy being part of the Japanese community anymore, and yet comes back to make money. It's not jealously but a feeling of betrayal. Many didn't expect the girl who everyone used to relate to would become effectively a foreigner, speaking a different language and living in a different culture.. From that point of view she's become unrecognizable to the girl she used to be.

Iggy Azalea and SIA did the same thing with Australia, by not bothering to attend australian music awards (where they knew they were gonna win big). Aussies got really upset even tho Iggy had like 2 songs at that point.

I feel ayu is very much aware of this criticism and has dedicated herself to undoing the damage. A ONE was produced by Japanese musicians (unlike COLOURS), notably expressing her great appreciation for Japanese lyrics, her participation as a corrections officer, her participation in utada's cover album, her longest concert to date (showcasing classics over new material), TSMGO, and simply not showing off her new white man for publicity like she did with Manny.

Last edited by Yukitora; 7th July 2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 7th July 2015, 07:07 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
Many artists abandon their careers for their personal lives (think YUI, ostuka ai etc), however they 'stayed home'. Utada married a white guy and abandoned her career (not in that order) and has even greater ties to the US. This is the difference: To marry (two) caucasians, buy houses elsewhere and make music overseas, no longer participating in TV programs and not making CMs however, gives the impression that ayu doesn't enjoy being part of the Japanese community anymore, and yet comes back to make money. It's not jealously but a feeling of betrayal. Many didn't expect the girl who everyone used to relate to would become effectively a foreigner, speaking a different language and living in a different culture.. From that point of view she's become unrecognizable to the girl she used to be.

Iggy Azalea and SIA did the same thing with Australia, by not bothering to attend australian music awards (where they knew they were gonna win big). Aussies got really upset even tho Iggy had like 2 songs at that point.

I feel ayu is very much aware of this criticism and has dedicated herself to undoing the damage. A ONE was produced by Japanese musicians (unlike COLOURS), notably expressing her great appreciation for Japanese lyrics, her participation as a corrections officer, her participation in utada's cover album, her longest concert to date (showcasing classics over new material), TSMGO, and simply not showing off her new white man for publicity like she did with Manny.
Very well said. I think this makes a ton of sense.
Old 10th July 2015, 08:57 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Ayu said on Twitter that the dates will be released next week... I can´t wait, there is still that little small hope for dates outside Japan.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 10th July 2015, 09:55 AM
SCAR Initiate

I just want to see her live so much. Hoping for even only one date in europe
Old 10th July 2015, 11:00 AM
Sky high Protector

I just thought about that but it would be cool if she did a acoustic section in TA tour. Just her and Yo-chan's guitar.
Old 10th July 2015, 12:21 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Wonder what songs will she choose. She doesn't need to use a lot of big hits, like at ordinary concerts. TeamAyu members supposed to know discography. So I'm waiting to see rare songs
Old 10th July 2015, 04:14 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Ayu said on Twitter that the dates will be released next week... I can´t wait, there is still that little small hope for dates outside Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
I just want to see her live so much. Hoping for even only one date in europe
Oh people, don't put my hopes up!
I dont think there will be overseas dates, but man, that would be awesome.
Then I'd consider going.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th July 2015, 05:23 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
I just thought about that but it would be cool if she did a acoustic section in TA tour. Just her and Yo-chan's guitar.
This! Hopefully she'll sing some songs like this, I need more intimate performances from ayu in my life

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 10th July 2015, 05:46 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Oh people, don't put my hopes up!
I dont think there will be overseas dates, but man,
me neither, but hope dies last xD
And this tour has the highest chances so far to get overseas dates^^

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 10th July 2015, 07:16 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
This! Hopefully she'll sing some songs like this, I need more intimate performances from ayu in my life
I would love something like Key & TO BE from CDL 04-05 -- I was blown away when she did that, and I was lucky enough to be there.

Or, better yet, if her vocals could handle it, something like this (fast forward in a bit):
https://youtu.be/OfQN62J_1Rc
Old 10th July 2015, 07:25 PM
Lelio Protector

I mainly hope that the TA tour will get a DVD/Blu-ray release (and not 5 years afterwards).
Old 10th July 2015, 09:34 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I mainly hope that the TA tour will get a DVD/Blu-ray release (and not 5 years afterwards).
Maybe on the TA edition of the next full album (or the one after that)?

Old 10th July 2015, 10:54 PM
Lelio Protector

I wouldn't mind if it will be A TA exclusive, I'm on TA. I just hope it gets released (in blu-ray as well).
Old 10th July 2015, 11:20 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Maybe the TA tour will have a overseas date. Because she doesn't need lots of property to send outside Japan. And i think she can use smaller venue such as master card theatre in singapore for the TA concert.
Old 10th July 2015, 11:54 PM
Lelio Protector

99% There will not be overseas dates and especially not a TA tour. How many overseas TA members do you seriously think are there? Probably not enough to fill a hall.
Old 11th July 2015, 12:07 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
It's possible that they mostly just feel like she's abandoning her career in favor of her personal life, but JP fans were awfully hostile when she started communicating in English more... it's hard not to feel like they're jealous for no good reason.

But that said, yeah if they just feel like she's abandoned her career in a general sense, I don't think their concerns are unfounded, especially among older fans. Her workaholism was a big part of who she was, and her hands-on approach was a BIG part of her appeal, it was talked up in the media a LOT. Even i'm having a hard time getting used to her current approach, and honestly I'd be lying if I said I thought the quality of some of her work wasn't suffering because of it... but to feel like Ayu is abandoning her "ibasho" is really really silly.
Seriously? they have no reason to be hostile because she's communicating in english, literally every once in a blue moon. Most of her posts on TA/SNS safe for weibo are in Japanese. They should understand that she has a sizable international fan base, especially for a Japanese act who more closed off when it comes to international promo.

I understand feeling abandoned, because for a while I felt like that too. She's not on TV, she doesn't promote like she used to, and she seems more closed off, but even her international fans felt that. Feels like misdirected anger tbh.

Last edited by monochrome99; 11th July 2015 at 12:10 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ta limited live tour 2015, team ayu, teamayu